Infinite alarm when aircraft are leaveing preset flight level.

pospel

• Deputy Sheriffs

Sorry, no idea what you are talking about.

Please work through the step-by step-guide. And next time please describe in detail what you are seeing (screenshot) and more detailed what you have done, which phase of flight, what you have entered into the left MCDU and in the FCU (best would also be screenshots).

200 is too high of an initial climb speed. Suggest setting no more than V2+20. Furthermore, your initial climb rate was unusually low. Normal rates are in the range of 2000+ fpm. You also started to lower the nose at 200 feet; you should maintain minimum climb speed until at least 1000 feet above ground level to ensure terrain clearance. Because you were departing into terrain set above the field and you were not climbing fast enough to avoid it, the terrain alarm sounded.

That altitude warning horn sounds when you pass your selected altitude. That is normal. To silence it, simply select a new altitude.

The repeated "2500" warnings occur when you are just at the cusp of activating the radio altimeter. This indicates uneven terrain and is normal. The repeated beepings are from the overspeed warning (too fast for current configuration!!)

200 is too high of an initial climb speed. Suggest setting no more than V2+20. Furthermore, your initial climb rate was unusually low. Normal rates are in the range of 2000+ fpm. You also started to lower the nose at 200 feet; you should maintain minimum climb speed until at least 1000 feet above ground level to ensure terrain clearance. Because you were departing into terrain set above the field and you were not climbing fast enough to avoid it, the terrain alarm sounded.

That altitude warning horn sounds when you pass your selected altitude. That is normal. To silence it, simply select a new altitude.

The repeated "2500" warnings occur when you are just at the cusp of activating the radio altimeter. This indicates uneven terrain and is normal. The repeated beepings are from the overspeed warning (too fast for current configuration!!)

I hope that you have no relationship to develop.

The repeated GPWS callouts (radio altimeter) at too short intervals are a known issue.

Your EGPWS indications ("terrain warnings") seem highly unusual - but so do a lot of details of your flight. As that sort of terrain warnings has not occurred during tests so far, can you confirm this issue happens with a clean, by-the-book installation of the Airbus?

The repeated GPWS callouts (radio altimeter) at too short intervals are a known issue.

Your EGPWS indications ("terrain warnings") seem highly unusual - but so do a lot of details of your flight. As that sort of terrain warnings has not occurred during tests so far, can you confirm this issue happens with a clean, by-the-book installation of the Airbus?

Ok. I will try make clean installation.

I hope that you have no relationship to develop.

I hope I either midunderstood this post, or you won't make such a post again, otherwise you'll run into troubles.

As the poster of the post you replied this to already told you the alert is normal if you leave the altitude dialed into the FCU and there is nothing to be fixed. It works completly correct.

Archived