---> Framerate issues (combination topic revisited)

• Aerosoft

Could Aerosoft provide us with some recommended Nvidia Inspector settings ?

No idea, none of us use that tool as far as I know. I have experimented with it a while ago but never saw any serious point in it and for sure it made my FSX less stable.

Your drop in FPS seems a bit higher than expected but not problematic. Do try with ECAM rendering on as it will send some of the load from the CPU to your GPU. Also try a fresh FSX.cfg (with the high mem tweak), perhaps there is something in there that makes it hard for the Fly-by-Wire modules.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kort you have same hardware as mine. my i7 is not overlocked. same fps as mine unlimited. so this is normal with the AXE at this time. i have testet with the rendering option but for me no change.

But as I explained there are some new processes that only have to run a few times a second/minute. If these would run continuous the framerate would be smoother but a lot lower. So there is not a lot we can do about that. Why that has a lot more effect on the systems of a few users is not clear to us.

Of course we see part of this effect on our machines (as we expect that) but the variance is around 20% to 25% max, something we do not see as a problem

Hi,

The problem is not related to the loss of FPS using AES 3XX that is normal considering the complexity of the software. The problem is the unstable behavior of the software. As you mention above there is some background process that cause the oscillation of the FPS that, when they reach 14 or 15, lead to loss of fluidity of the simulator independently of the fact that the everage FPS is around 25 o 30 FPS. Probably in an high Performance PC this is less evident but it is evident that something strange is present because other users suffer of the same problem. This is not related to Wx radar.

Does AES know what are these process?

If AES suspects about these process it could be the starting point to improve the software.

• Aerosoft

Hi,

The problem is not related to the loss of FPS using AES 3XX that is normal considering the complexity of the software. The problem is the unstable behavior of the software. As you mention above there is some background process that cause the oscillation of the FPS that, when they reach 14 or 15, lead to loss of fluidity of the simulator independently of the fact that the everage FPS is around 25 o 30 FPS. Probably in an high Performance PC this is less evident but it is evident that something strange is present because other users suffer of the same problem. This is not related to Wx radar.

Does AES know what are these process?

If AES suspects about these process it could be the starting point to improve the software.

We have never seen AES involved and it would be highly surprising. It's also strange that there is a different in the models. The A320/A321 is actually lighter because we do not use 2k textures there.

Next week the two products will be brought to the same level and then we'll know more.

• Aerosoft

Kort you have same hardware as mine. my i7 is not overlocked. same fps as mine unlimited. so this is normal with the AXE at this time. i have testet with the rendering option but for me no change.

The Airbus Extended (AXE) did not have this rendering option. If you would give us the information we asked for in the beginning of this topic we might be able to give you some more information. Just " not good frames und unstable frames!" does not contain a lot of information!

No idea, none of us use that tool as far as I know. I have experimented with it a while ago but never saw any serious point in it and for sure it made my FSX less stable.

Your drop in FPS seems a bit higher than expected but not problematic. Do try with ECAM rendering on as it will send some of the load from the CPU to your GPU. Also try a fresh FSX.cfg (with the high mem tweak), perhaps there is something in there that makes it hard for the Fly-by-Wire modules.

Thanks,Mr. Mathijs. I had tried to make a whole new fsx.cfg with high memory capability. Now it became much more smoother.

However,when performing night landing,FSX seems to lag when loading landing light textures during flare,it could result in hard landing or ballooned landing.

Shall I pick more memory load to fsx.cfg ?

Yeah,rendering options seems to be no changes to FSX at all.

• Aerosoft

Thanks,Mr. Mathijs. I had tried to make a whole new fsx.cfg with high memory capability. Now it became much more smoother.

However,when performing night landing,FSX seems to lag when loading landing light textures during flare,it could result in hard landing or ballooned landing.

Shall I pick more memory load to fsx.cfg ?

I am not sure what tweaks you did to FSX.cfg, as you might know we have rather bad experiences with nearly all tweaks except the highmem one. Others might have an effect, but they normally work by shortcutting certain things and this have side effects.

The landing light textures are just a few KB so I doubt that making more memory available would have any impact. And they are loaded with the External model and not at touch down. What could be happening is that the transparency effect they depend on is hard on your system. We seen some GPU/driver combinations that showed that effect. All NVIDIA cards seem to do better with transparency in FSX (and certainly in P3D!)

• Aerosoft

hmm so i create a new fsx.cfg tommorow. hope it helps. thx

I hope so too. I can say however that about 15% of ALL our customer support is sorted out with a clean fsx.cfg. In support we call it the 'magic fix' for many problems.

Tomorrow I will start a new topic on FPS issues because it is hard to keep track right now. We got 41 customers on file who believe they got illogical low fps (defined as less than half of the fps with the default FSX Airbus). A new topic with some clear instructions on what to check will help.

But please do not expect a major fix from us, we know of no change to our code that might solve the issues of these affected systems.

I am not sure what tweaks you did to FSX.cfg, as you might know we have rather bad experiences with nearly all tweaks except the highmem one. Others might have an effect, but they normally work by shortcutting certain things and this have side effects.

The landing light textures are just a few KB so I doubt that making more memory available would have any impact. And they are loaded with the External model and not at touch down. What could be happening is that the transparency effect they depend on is hard on your system. We seen some GPU/driver combinations that showed that effect. All NVIDIA cards seem to do better with transparency in FSX (and certainly in P3D!)

Had tried a clean fsx.cfg. Then I found that you're right.

Thanks you very much and I would check for the new fps related topic later.

Archived