---> Framerate issues (combination topic revisited)

default planes don't cause any drop in framerate. the AAX performs very good as well. comparable (slightly better) with the A318/319 with WXR turned off. I described my system in this thread in a post above.

But for the sake of saving valuable time ;-) :

My system specs are:

i5 3570k @ 4.2 GHz

16 GB CL9 RAM

GTX 670 2 GB

all installed on SSD

Win 7 64 bit

The settings in FSX aren't maxed out with traffic turned off completey and max. cloud layers are set to 5 within ASN and I use REX4 with min. resolution clouds.

I use FSX in DX10 (with the DX10 fixer)

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys,

I tried the steps (1), (2), (3) as stated above and still experience problems with the a318/19.

BUT, I don't know what you guys did with the new A320/21, because the framerates are so much better! I used to get 5-10 fps with the a318. Now with the a320 I get about 20 fps.

Awesome job!

No, sorry Mathijs, it happens not only with ASN- see my answer above: The problem is the same using FSGRW or Opus (newest version), there is no difference! Only if FSX itself makes "bad weather" with a lot of clouds and rain there is no frame-impact.

• Aerosoft

Hey guys,

I tried the steps (1), (2), (3) as stated above and still experience problems with the a318/19.

BUT, I don't know what you guys did with the new A320/21, because the framerates are so much better! I used to get 5-10 fps with the a318. Now with the a320 I get about 20 fps.

Awesome job!

That is very suprising as there only have been some small tweaks. But good news indeed!

• Aerosoft

No, sorry Mathijs, it happens not only with ASN- see my answer above: The problem is the same using FSGRW or Opus (newest version), there is no difference! Only if FSX itself makes "bad weather" with a lot of clouds and rain there is no frame-impact.

Okay then your system has problems with even moderately complex weather (FSX itself creates very simple weather patterns). We have seen this on a few systems and never been able to figure out why. On all the systems where FSX was completely new installed though the problem was fixed.

But please let us know how much FPS you get in the default FSX Airbus and the A318/319 under the same conditions, that often tells us enough to get some ideas on what could cause it.

That is very suprising as there only have been some small tweaks. But good news indeed!

I can confirm that. After my Problems with the A318/A319 was back (i don't report it because my englisch is not so good and my last Post was fals anderstood so i better don't post it) now with the A320/321i get so good FPS like with the AXE or my other aircrafts. WX on and ASN as weather Programm = 28-35 FPS on ground and > 35 FPS in the air. Test it at the same conditions of my Test with the A318/A319.

Like a dream the small tweaks :-)

Sven

Here is the comaprison between the MS default A321 and the Aerosoft A319 (1st image with WXR turned off, 2nd picture with active WXR).

Note that I have set the framerate to unlimited in FSX and to 30 fps in nvidia Inspector (that gives me the smoothest and most stable framerate and performance on my system)

No weather engine or external addons or programs are running, default weather theme "clear skies" is selected:

30.4 fps

ctf9xh86clf6xqphr.jpg

28.6 fps

ctf9zyxkuuqapu9hr.jpg

12.8 fps

ctfa09q4tavy943nz.jpg

• Aerosoft

It's very surprising you get only 2 fps more between the default airbus and our airbus. On all our test machines there is a difference of 15 to 30. It seems to indicate there is some part of your sim that is a bottleneck even on simple aircraft.

It's very surprising you get only 2 fps more between the default airbus and our airbus. On all our test machines there is a difference of 15 to 30. It seems to indicate there is some part of your sim that is a bottleneck even on simple aircraft.

He has FPS limited to 30 in Inspector. Mine is the same

Right! Completely unlimited, fps go as high as 50-60 in the situation shown above, but the frame rate is not stable. With externally limited framerate, the sim is as smooth as it can get on my system. The difference of 16 fps between WXR on and off is quite hefty, isn't it? There is no weather at all in these pics (theme is " clear skies")

my PC:

i7 4770k 3.5 GHz "not overclocked"
Nvidia Titan 6 gb ram "normal clock"
16 gb ram
250 gb ssd hard for system and fsx
1 T hard for data
1050 wt power supply
Antic liquid cooling system.
Maximus VI Asus motherboard
Windows 7 ultimate 64 freshly installed

Mega sceneries: UK2000 EGCC / EGLL, FT OMDB v2

FSX Acc, Active sky 2012 "unlimited fps",

AFCAD scenery FPS are varies 30-50 while in Mega sceneries 25-30 at max when flying the AXE A320

While using the A318/319 the FPS when I turned on the Wx Radar going down to 11-15 at max in AFCAD and a bit lower in megas!!! and then remain on this even if the Wx is switched off !! and noticed that the FPS stayed low in both birds AXE and A319 until I restart my system.

With FSX A321 getting 90-100 fps in AFCADS and 30-48 in Mega sceneries.

Recently, overclocked my CPU to 4.5 GHz and the GPU as well "can't remember the details now" so I'm getting with FSX:

AFCAD scenery FPS are varies 95-115 while in Mega sceneries 45-60 at max when flying the AXE A320

While using the A318/319 the FPS when I turned on the Wx Radar going down to 20-22 at max !!! and then remain on this even if the Wx is switched off !!

With p3d v 2.4 "Also upgraded to ASN" the things are a bit better:

AFCAD scenery FPS are varies 60-90 fps while in Mega sceneries 39-52 fps at max when flying the AXE A320

While using the A318/319 the FPS when I turned on the Wx Radar going down to 29-35 at max !!! and getting back to normal if I swotched it off.

Hope this will help so far :)

Now with my new settings I do not have any problems as um getting higher than 25 fps at least....but still the drop is noticed while using the Wx

Hi all,

also here, the same problem

my system

i7 4790k 4.7 ghz

Nvidia Gtx 660 TI

8 GB RAM

250 SSD

WIN7 64bit

FSX Acc + ASN

Airbus X A319 and A320

ND.ini Tweak WxBackgroundscan=0

FPS-drop to 17-20 fps when switch the WX to on, when off all is fine !

i try it with ASN and FSGRW, with both WX-Addons the same fps-drop !

Hi all,

also here, the same problem

my system

i7 4790k 4.7 ghz

Nvidia Gtx 660 TI

8 GB RAM

250 SSD

WIN7 64bit

FSX Acc + ASN

Airbus X A319 and A320

ND.ini Tweak WxBackgroundscan=0

FPS-drop to 17-20 fps when switch the WX to on, when off all is fine !

i try it with ASN and FSGRW, with both WX-Addons the same fps-drop !

So, I am not the only one with this problem...

You could try a default weather theme or set the FSX weather to "clear skies" to see if the framerate drop still appears as it is the case on my system.

Hi to all,

As per previous discussion here:

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/88010-airbus-a320321-fps-discussion/#entry630851

There is some problem with FPS related to A320/A321 that varies suddenly from 30 to 14-15. ( on ground)

This event seems not related to Wx Radar that was off during my tests. I noticed that the FPS went down when after engine start but I have to check further,

I use FSX SP2 in default configuration and with A318/A319 I have not problem also with WX radar On.

• Aerosoft

Hi to all,

As per previous discussion here:

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/88010-airbus-a320321-fps-discussion/#entry630851

There is some problem with FPS related to A320/A321 that varies suddenly from 30 to 14-15. ( on ground)

This event seems not related to Wx Radar that was off during my tests. I noticed that the FPS went down when after engine start but I have to check further,

I use FSX SP2 in default configuration and with A318/A319 I have not problem also with WX radar On.

It would be very strange is the A320/A321 would cause a FPS problem that is not there with the A318/A319 as it is actually lighter on fps.

Archived