---> Framerate issues, help us out

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*bump*

Mathijs, am I the only one with a relation between hotfix 1.02c and framerate issues? Or can anybody confirm this?

Do you had this test.dll before the hotfix 1.02c? http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/85542-framerate-issues-combination-topic/?p=613801

the hotfix overwrites this .dll, so you will need to add it again

This is definitely a problem with Active Sky Next as it appears, using latest hotfix at the moment. My frames went as low as 1.8 the other day, as soon as I close ASN it goes drastically up.

Today another test, different location, I get around 4-5 frames with ASN and I turn it off but still add some weather with FSX withheavy clouds, rain and frames are still fairly okay with around 25 in the cockpit... so hope the compatibility with ASN can be looked at. :-| A320/A321 does not have this problem.

Am I right that only FSX users with ASN are affected?

As already written P3D wirks very fine on my system (win 7, GTX770, ASN SP1, Hotfix 1c). FSX on the same system works very bad (fps drop down to 7!) at the same circumstances.

There are a few differences between the P3D ASN version and the FSX ASN version. Probably there is the key to ther solution?

Is there at all a single user which have no fps problems whith FSX and ASN SP1?

1. 1.02c
  2. A319 cfm
  3. FSX
  4. Active sky Next SP1
  5. none
  6. around 60
  7. No
  8. Win 7 64bit
  9. i7 2600 4,6Ghz
  10. GTX 770

• Deputy Sheriffs

Is there at all a single user which have no fps problems whith FSX and ASN SP1?

Yes, me.

Although I must admit that in P3D I always have far more fps then in FSX, but I have never such a frame drop.

What I also found that it makes a difference when running ASN on a network PC.

For those with problems:

have a look at your folder ..mydocuments\Flight Simulator X Files and look for a file simconnect.ini. open this file in an editor and check the line "level=.." usually it reads "level=Verbose". Changing it to "level=off" gave me an increase in fps by 15-20%. this files defines the logging of simconnect. if not set to "off" simconnect writes all events either to a file or a DOS window. I chekced this by letting it generate a file and within 2 minutes 16MB of events were written. So you can imagine the performance impact.

More about this file can be found here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc526983.aspx#Thesimconnectinifile

Thanks mopperle will try that

For those with problems:

have a look at your folder ..mydocuments\Flight Simulator X Files and look for a file simconnect.ini. open this file in an editor and check the line "level=.." usually it reads "level=Verbose". Changing it to "level=off" gave me an increase in fps by 15-20%. this files defines the logging of simconnect. if not set to "off" simconnect writes all events either to a file or a DOS window. I chekced this by letting it generate a file and within 2 minutes 16MB of events were written. So you can imagine the performance impact.

More about this file can be found here: http://msdn.microsof...mconnectinifile

I am not using ASN via the network, so would you still recommend turning this off? Does it have any effect?

I just installeed the latest Hotfix for the 318/319 and now my FPS just completely tanked, like Im talking 6fps, so I thought what the hell so I loaded the NGX up and sure enough they go back up to 40FPS (usually get about 60 in the Airbus)ONLY get the FPS problem when I use Active Sky....doesn't matter if its a clear day or stormy, soon as I turn on ASNExt SP1 my frames get slammed.

Unfortunately there are just a few people who experience this issue of low frames with ASN sp1 and the A319. Most users don't have this problem and non of the developers or beta testers are able to replicate the problem. Hopefully, someone will be able to figure out what it is on our systems that is causing the low framerates.

I had this problem before downgrading back to ASN v1.0

My frame rates went from 40 FPS in the A319 virtual cockpit to 6 FPS.

For those with problems:

I will try this and report back. Thanks!

Yep. I have no issues at all with any aircraft (even the 'famous' PMDG777) and FSX + ASN SP1. SP1 actually increased my performance.

In airports my FPS varies a bit (40-60) but in flight i always get 60 (nVidia VSYNC). In either case, my simulator is very very very smooth.

Machine: Core i7 4770K 4.4GHz and a GTX980 plus a carefully configured fsx.cfg.

Thank you and thank you Otto for your replies! Do you have the cloud pattern fix enabled in ASN?

• Deputy Sheriffs

Thank you and thank you Otto for your replies! Do you have the cloud pattern fix enabled in ASN?

Not sure what this "fix"is. special setting in ASN.

Please see my posts on this here. I never had an issue with A318/19 and ASN SP1 until I updated my Nvidia Drivers this morning.

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/86504-asn-sp1-aerosoft-airbus-frame-problem-here-an-example/page-2#entry622644

FYI I`m running EVGA GTX770 2gb, i72600k @4.5ghz, 8gbRAM, W7 SP1 and have all the new ASN SP1 stuff enabled.

I really hope this helps as I`m back to smooth flying in the A318/19 with my old driver version 335.23. Pretty strange.

Doogie

• Aerosoft

The current recommendation is to do a clean reinstall of FSX!

No, we say we have NEVER seen the issues on a cleanly installed FSX/P3d + ASN + A318/A319. That's all.

If it is worth doing that is of course up to you. We know 9 customers with issues done that and all 9 do not see the problem anymore.

Please see my posts on this here. I never had an issue with A318/19 and ASN SP1 until I updated my Nvidia Drivers this morning.

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/86504-asn-sp1-aerosoft-airbus-frame-problem-here-an-example/page-2#entry622644

FYI I`m running EVGA GTX770 2gb, i72600k @4.5ghz, 8gbRAM, W7 SP1 and have all the new ASN SP1 stuff enabled.

I really hope this helps as I`m back to smooth flying in the A318/19 with my old driver version 335.23. Pretty strange.

Doogie

Yes, this is strange especially because my system is very similar to yours. I7 2600k 4Ghz, GTX770 4GB, Win 7 SP1 64bit. Not at my system right now but I will check my driver version next time.

In P3D which is on a different partition I already installed a older driver because there were graphical problems with a newer one an P3D. And as already said no fps problems there with the bus and ASN.

Yes, this is strange especially because my system is very similar to yours. I7 2600k 4Ghz, GTX770 4GB, Win 7 SP1 64bit. Not at my system right now but I will check my driver version next time.

In P3D which is on a different partition I already installed a older driver because there were graphical problems with a newer one an P3D. And as already said no fps problems there with the bus and ASN.

I should have mentioned in my last post I`m running FSX only.

Doogie

My specs:

Airbus a318 v1.10

a319 IAE

FSX

active sky

REX, FTX Global

Default airbus 40

No

Win 7 x64

2600k 3.7 GHz

GTX 460

i downloaded and installed the v1.10 update. The framerates actually got a lot worse for me after the update personally. Im getting a constant of about 8-10 fps in the air, with AND without much traffic around. Almost no clouds.

Why don't you install a feature where, for example, the right side (FO's) gauges can be disabled? It would increase frame rates right?

• Deputy Sheriffs

Why don't you install a feature where, for example, the right side (FO's) gauges can be disabled? It would increase frame rates right?

No, it wouldn't.

Could it be that you turned off the overcast pattern fix in ASN?

Did you also check this: http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/86844-change-weather-scanning-options/ ?

Archived