100% Accurate American Repaint

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@ Faust ,

The two A321 CFM registrations ( N163US and N185UW ) were chosen at random , as American never had the A321 CFM . As far as I know they are still in the US Airways livery and ( we ) have no idea when they will be painted . They are marked as " Operated By ... " ( after being reduced to scale that is no longer legible ) and with a A321 logo at doors L1 & L2 , so even though the " paintscheme " is the " same " , there are a lot of differences , quite a few we found after putting the " finishing " touches to the models .

DetCord has a head start on me with the A319 paint , I haven't even had a chance to do a flight yet .

John

Took N667AW for a flight today and she looks great. Thanks for all the hard work. Will be interesting to see which A30s actually get repainted as none have done so far.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey DetCord, awesome repaints!

I have a quick question. How come when I try to run the textures through ImageTool in order to create new versions with mipmaps, ImageTool gives me an error saying it can't open the files? These are the only aircraft textures that it cannot open.

BTW and off topic... Are you an US Marine? My son is currently in Parris Island and graduates in 2 weeks (Nov. 21)!!! So proud of him! Semper Fi, brother!

The American paints belong to John and I, not just solely myself. My first question is why are you altering our paints without permission? My second question is why would you want Mips? All they really do is degrade the overall visuals of the textures.

And yes, I was a Marine (0351). Prior-service, now serving in the Army as a Combat Engineer.

For ######s sake, do I really have to add a caveat?

To answer your first question, I didn't know I had to ask permission to add some mipmaps for personal use. The way the disclaimer is written on the download page, I interpreted it as prohibiting the upload to any website, which obviously I will never do and never even crossed my mind of doing.

And to answer your second question, because I don't run high levels of AA and thus I get ton of livery shimmering on the few occasions when I leave the VC view for the spot view.

"For ######s sake, do I really have to add a caveat?"

Dude, calm down. No need to get your panties all bunched up. I didn't know that adding a few mipmaps was a capital offense. I guess I will just delete the livery from my system and not worry about a law firm calling me first thing Monday morning, because I tried to add a mipmap to a texture.

@ Efrain ,

I would just like to point out that normally speaking , when a repaint is uploaded to a site it contains a readme file that states that a repaint is not to be uploaded or altered without the painters permission . I know that my repaints ( when uploaded to AVSIM ) do have this . Unfortunately repiants that are uploaded here ( Aerosoft ) are usually made with the Livery Manager supplied with the Airbus Extended and A318 / 319 and the readme file that is created with the Livery Manager does not contain this information . In your post above you merely stated that you wanted to create new versions of the repaints and that is not accepted by the majority of repainters .

Here are some screens of N703UW c/n 904 A319 CFM and N835AW c/n 2458 A319 IAE

post-29473-0-07284600-1415522665_thumb.j post-29473-0-15178900-1415522672_thumb.j post-29473-0-59399000-1415522678_thumb.j

post-29473-0-61594700-1415522692_thumb.j post-29473-0-71067000-1415522704_thumb.j post-29473-0-68847200-1415522711_thumb.j

John

Hi John,

Oh, now I see where my choice of words ("create new versions") could have been taken out of context. All I wanted to do was add some mips to try and reduce the shimmering/VAS usage, since I do not use too much SSGSAA on my setup. Never did it cross my mind to create a new version to be uploaded anywhere or published as such.

With that being said and in light of how we are not even allowed to tweak a file on our own systems for personal use, would it be possible for you to make a mipmapped version available for those of us that prefer to have our aircraft textures mipmapped?

This is not me overreacting, its however about common courtesy, a facet which is appearantly lost on you. All that was required of yourself was to shoot me a PM and I gladly would've helped, period.

This is not me overreacting, its however about common courtesy, a facet which is appearantly lost on you. All that was required of yourself was to shoot me a PM and I gladly would've helped, period.

Seriously, DetCord, what the hell is your problem? Stop it with the damn insinuations and assumptions. I tried to add mipmaps to a texture on my computer when I had no idea that was an abomination to do without your explicit permission. Honest mistake, I guess. No need to keep trying to piss on me and be so condescending.

I'm not insinuating anything. It's just common courtesy, that's it. You'd find found the exact same response if you had posed the same intent elsewhere concerning someone else work.

The issue resides with your inital statement. You never said your intention was to do this for personal use, that's something I have no problem with. Never have.

I'm not insinuating anything. It's just common courtesy, that's it. You'd find found the exact same response if you had posed the same intent elsewhere concerning someone else work.

The issue resides with your inital statement. You never said your intention was to do this for personal use, that's something I have no problem with. Never have.

Of course, if it were for redistribution, I would have contacted you first. No doubt about that.

I should have worded it better and I can understand how it could have been misinterpreted.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs

Hello my friends,

today one of our beta tester found a little fault on the A321 version! ;)

post-26404-0-67757400-1416918614_thumb.j

To achieve the 100% back you should replace this! ;) (I think that comes from the A320!)

But seriously now! You have done a good job! I've now all the textures of your AA fleet ... and I like it! Keep it up!

• Deputy Sheriffs

Seems that I am not the only one .

attachicon.gifD-AERO.jpg

Also on all versions for the A321 .

New replacement textures will be uploaded shortly .

John

John, can you send me the texture via mail? (only AIRBUS_EX_WANNE_C.dds)

(Then I can install the textures in our SVN!)

holgi@simetxture.de

Archived