100% Accurate American Repaint

That's up to him mate.

I think Holgi has the right idea when he makes two versions as it gives a option to the pilot. Again though, this is a personal preference of mine only to include one variant.

I'm also of the impression that the dirtier paint gives that darkened, almost silvery look that isn't available in FSX due to the lack of ambient and environmental light filters in the engine.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Installed N128UW and it looks stunning. The details are absolutely amazing. Looking forward to the other uploads when they are finished :)

We're glad you're enjoying it. Happy flying.

Installed N128UW and it looks stunning. The details are absolutely amazing. Looking forward to the other uploads when they are finished :)

Outstanding shots of an outstanding paint….on what looks like an outstanding model! Stellar work guys! :excellenttext_s:

Hey gents - amazing job you've done, as I stated on r/FlightSim (I'm Flaps30).

Just saw the thread here and wanted to say thanks again for some amazing paints.

Just a heads up on N911UY - that aircraft is in the process of being changed to N971UY (the decision was made after delivery to skip 911 in the sequence). I believe the company tail number underneath the reg has already been changed but the FAA reg is still being processed (at least the last I looked).

" Thanks " for the info , will wait before uploading , haven't seen anything in their fleet list yet though .

So the uploads ( so far ) will be N163US c/n 1417 A321 CFM ( this aircraft is still in US Airways livery - still working on textures , so no screenshots just yet ) , N110AN c/n 5975 , A321 IAE NEO and N911UY ( or N971UY ) c/n 5983 A321 IAE .

As for an A321 CFM NEO , that will be pure fantasy ( no known plans for a retrofit ) , so a registration will be chosen at random .

John

Edited the registration ( been mixing up numbers all day ) !!!

Wow...that's awesome! I had no idea that existed. As I had mentioned, the reg number on the aircraft still shows as N911UY simply because they are still in the process with the FAA to have it changed, which is what both the FAA registration lookup and the Planespotters website correctly shows. Sometime in the near future that should be changing over to N971UY. The company tail number, the three digits below the registration, is already 971. They just can't legally change the registration N-number on the plane until the process is complete with the FAA.

Internally, we already refer to it as 971 as we go by company tail number and not the reg.

Wow...that's awesome! I had no idea that existed. As I had mentioned, the reg number on the aircraft still shows as N911UY simply because they are still in the process with the FAA to have it changed, which is what both the FAA registration lookup and the Planespotters website correctly shows. Sometime in the near future that should be changing over to N971UY. The company tail number, the three digits below the registration, is already 971. They just can't legally change the registration N-number on the plane until the process is complete with the FAA.

Internally, we already refer to it as 971 as we go by company tail number and not the reg.

Until that actually occurs, its probably going to stay the way it is. It's a simple update though once that happens.

@ SirIsaac ,

Just mentioned this to Bryan , that it seems that I have ( at this moment ) 3 options , 1) Leave as is - the aircraft has flown with this registration , 2) Change the fleet code but not the reg , or 3) Change both . It's just simpler to leave as is for now ( I haven't uploaded anything yet ) .

Is there a reason for the change ?

I suppose it could be a sensitive issue but when looking at the fleet list the number does stand out from the rest as it is not in a series of numbers ( there is no N910UY or N912UY ) .

There are after all , some 130 A321's to choose from !!

John

I never heard an official reason but everyone knows it comes down to the number being sensitive, much like flight numbers for downed flights are removed from service.

With the merger, things are going to be thrown into a blender anyway. Registration numbers won't change, but American goes by nose number for their aircraft (which is a three character alphanumeric sequence) whereas US Airways goes by just the tail number (which coincides with the registration number).

We found it " strange " that the registrations don't all end with US or UW and we were seeing NN , EE , AN , and as above UY ( more to do with availability ? ) . We have also seen that even though the airlines have merged there are " differences " in the paint schemes between the " operated by US Airways " and American ( Airline ) registers on the recently delivered aircraft ( A321 IAE and NEO's ) .

John

In general, it comes down to availability. With US Airways, however, you have aircraft that came in from the America West merger. A lot are AW, UW, a couple of AY I think.

In general...Anything NN, AN (and probably some others) is a legacy American aircraft. Anything US, AY, UY, UW, AW is going to be US Airways and therefore, will require "Operated by US Airways" if it is painted in the AA livery before the Single Operating Certificate is issued by the FAA.

It all comes down to which side of the merger the aircraft was on (US or AA). The companies have merged corporate wise, but the operations cannot merge until the FAA approves with a Single Operating Certificate, which will probably be granted spring or summer next year. Until that point, any US Airways plane that is in the AA livery, has to have the Operated by US Airways statement much like every regional aircraft flown in a mainline colors has to have the actual regional carriers' name on it (SlyWest, Mesa, etc.) in an Operated by statement.

Thanks for the help, we appreciate it.

Do you happen to have a timeline for when the merger will be complete? I ask because once its done, the paints will have to be updated.

Thanks for the help, we appreciate it.

Do you happen to have a timeline for when the merger will be complete? I ask because once its done, the paints will have to be updated.

Rather hard to say when exactly...there's a rough timeline but nothing that set in stone. A ton depends on the Single Operating Certificate (SOC) which, if all goes to plan, will be issued by the FAA around, last I heard, spring or summer of 2015. A lot also depends on the reservations system integration - at the end of the day, a ton of scheduling (both crew and planes) and a large majority of operational activities interact with the reservations systems in some way or another, even if indirectly. Other mergers have been considered failures because of that so they are stressing that they are taking slow and calculated steps for the integration of IT systems.

Paint wise, I don't have a timeline. With the rate at which they are going now, probably a few years before most or all of the aircraft are in the American livery. The registration numbers will not change. Company tail numbers/nose numbers might change and the "Operated by US Airways" can start to come off the aircraft after SOC is issued.

All in all, complete and total integration, where it is truly in all functions being run as one gigantic airline probably won't be for a couple or few years after SOC.

Hope that helps! Let me know if you ever have any other questions regarding AA/US.

Here are the A321 paints that will be uploaded shortly :

A321 CFM N163US c/n 1417 ( US Airways - still flying with the " old " livery ) .

post-29473-0-65861200-1411689517_thumb.j post-29473-0-87034000-1411689543_thumb.j post-29473-0-33824900-1411689534_thumb.j

A321 CFM NEO N185UW c/n 1666 ( US Airways - still flying with the " old " livery - randomly chosen , no idea if " sharklets " will ever be fitted ) .

post-29473-0-23082600-1411689601_thumb.j post-29473-0-17613600-1411689609_thumb.j post-29473-0-29222300-1411689619_thumb.j

A321 IAE N582UW c/n 6175 recently delivered ( with US Airways markings ) .

post-29473-0-61927900-1411689661_thumb.j post-29473-0-50549900-1411689669_thumb.j post-29473-0-11976500-1411689677_thumb.j

A321 IAE N911UY c/n 6249 ( recently delivered ) .

post-29473-0-57151000-1411689724_thumb.j post-29473-0-27193200-1411689732_thumb.j post-29473-0-23094100-1411689738_thumb.j

A321 IAE NEO N110AN c/n 5975 ( recently delivered ) .

post-29473-0-86272900-1411689768_thumb.j post-29473-0-14085100-1411689776_thumb.j post-29473-0-20903300-1411689784_thumb.j

John

Archived