100% Accurate American Repaint

I think he means US Airways CFM and IAE birds, (East birds, UW/US tail codes, are CFM engined and West birds, AW tail codes, are IAE engined). I'd also appreciate this repaint on the IAE birds.

Thanks again to you and John for what looks to be a great and eagerly anticipated repaint.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think he means US Airways CFM and IAE birds, (East birds, UW/US tail codes, are CFM engined and West birds, AW tail codes, are IAE engined). I'd also appreciate this repaint on the IAE birds.

Thanks again to you and John for what looks to be a great and eagerly anticipated repaint.

Yep, that's what I meant. Sorry, I should have been more clear. Although they have been flying under the same certificate for quite some time now, there is still quite a separation of the two (US Airways/America West) fleets. Pretty much all of the aircraft that you see flying out of the west coast are the original America West aircraft with IAE engines. But, it sounds like you're already going to do an IAE livery, so I thank you for that.

Yep, that's what I meant. Sorry, I should have been more clear. Although they have been flying under the same certificate for quite some time now, there is still quite a separation of the two (US Airways/America West) fleets. Pretty much all of the aircraft that you see flying out of the west coast are the original America West aircraft with IAE engines. But, it sounds like you're already going to do an IAE livery, so I thank you for that.

This is what I had planned after the Neo - http://www.planespotters.net/Production_List/Airbus/A320/856,N650AW-American-Airlines.php

Thank you very much DetCord! Loving this livery!!!

Glad you're enjoying it. Don't forget to vote and leave feedback, we appreicate it. Most people simply DL it and that's it. Honestly, its incredibly rude to do that considering how much time and effort goes into painting this or any aircraft.

Updates:

1.) John is currently working on the CFM, IAE and NEO versions of the A321. Stay tuned for more updates

2.) I'm moving toward completing the A320 Neo Retrofit and the A320 IAE version.

EuddrAu.png

The A320 family is nearing completion.

abbNEoV.png

Amazing work you two. You lads have raised the bar in repaints.

I take it youre making a guess as to the NEO version? I know they have plans to retrofit some of the 320s but its still unknown as to when that will occur.

Amazing work you two. You lads have raised the bar in repaints.

I take it youre making a guess as to the NEO version? I know they have plans to retrofit some of the 320s but its still unknown as to when that will occur.

Thanks, we appreciate it .

As for the NEO you're correct. The plans detail the retrofit occurring sometime in 2017-18.

Looking good John!

The A320 needs several fixes and alterations. That will happen before move to release the NEO.

I plan on releasing a update over the weekend.

1.) The post-it in the cockpit is coming off. It's just too damned pixelated. Looks like shit - Done

2.) Certain markings and layers I left on the wings (upper/lower) need resolving - Done

3.) John and I need to come to a agreement on the size of the registration and flag - Not Done

4.) Minor adjustments here and there - Not Done

After painting over a 100 " Busses " , one thing always stood out , how dirty they are , especially the low cost airlines . However I ( personally ) find that too much dirt is not realistic either , at the moment it is set to 30 / 35% in the paintkit , so there is room for " improvement " . It's a fine line that is easy to cross . Take into account that these A321 IAE's have recently been delivered ( about 1 year old ) , so in airline terms are fairly " new " . Following on from this , any A319's ( and eventually A320"s ) will be " just out of the paintshop " , so basically " new " , although missing that " new aircraft " smell ( apart from the paint ) .

Another point is the actual colour as I was told by friends when buying my latest car that " Silver " doesn't show dirt as much as other colours ( had a few and having had my car for over a year now it seems to be true ) .

John

After painting over a 100 " Busses " , one thing always stood out , how dirty they are , especially the low cost airlines . However I ( personally ) find that too much dirt is not realistic either , at the moment it is set to 30 / 35% in the paintkit , so there is room for " improvement " . It's a fine line that is easy to cross . Take into account that these A321 IAE's have recently been delivered ( about 1 year old ) , so in airline terms are fairly " new " . Following on from this , any A319's ( and eventually A320"s ) will be " just out of the paintshop " , so basically " new " , although missing that " new aircraft " smell ( apart from the paint ) .

Another point is the actual colour as I was told by friends when buying my latest car that " Silver " doesn't show dirt as much as other colours ( had a few and having had my car for over a year now it seems to be true ) .

John

I can agree to a certain extent but I still think the default dirt layer gives it character. Looking at the avsim topic I agree with Kevin. http://forum.avsim.net/topic/450704-100-accurate-american-repaint/?p=3078950

These repaints belong to you and DetCord so its it up to you lads how it looks. Amazing work either way on the 321 Mr. Glanville. The lack of dirt wont keep me from flying it! :bow_down2_s:

I didn't take it as a criticism , these paints are still very much a " work in progress " , it's just that these textures are spread over several texture sheets and changing one set influences another . I have a paint of each model in white , so it will be " easy " to see the effect .

John

I can agree to a certain extent but I still think the default dirt layer gives it character. Looking at the avsim topic I agree with Kevin. http://forum.avsim.net/topic/450704-100-accurate-american-repaint/?p=3078950

These repaints belong to you and DetCord so its it up to you lads how it looks. Amazing work either way on the 321 Mr. Glanville. The lack of dirt wont keep me from flying it! :bow_down2_s:

Agreed.

However, I think John makes a good argument when in comes to the fact that these aircraft are new and most are right out of the bay from painting, so the level of grime is minimal. Painting is a tedious process, and there are a lot of aspects behind every decision made when texturing a aircraft. I'm sure John will do both a dirt and dirtier (default dirt) versions. As for me, I typically stick with only a dirt texture. But again, this is a personal preference.

Fear not though! If you want, I'm sure John would gladly make the A321 look like the Exxon Valdez had spilled on it if you want. :D

Way back in the AirbusX days I made a repaint of a Spring Airlines Bus ( sort of Chinese EasyJet ) , this aircraft had at one time been white but was covered in grime ( on the ground - costs money , in the air - makes money ) , so I " added " some dirt accordingly , even though I supplied a link to the actual photo people found it too much , so since then my paints have been " reasonably " clean .

John

I understand where both of you are coming from. Trust me I do. Some people prefer a clean or somewhat clean version while others prefer the dirt. I prefer the dirty look myself.

If I may make a personal request Mr. Glanville? Would it be possible to include both your version and the 'default' dirt version? At least that would give multiple options to suit individual preferences. I know DetCord only does the dirty version which is good for me but I'm sure others would like a option like that.

Archived