Need Help for a purchase. im lost Wilco 737 or IFLY 737?

Eduard Gasull

hello guys, i really lost with this decisión. I don't know if buy the 737 form wilco or form Ifly. Yes i know pmdg its better but my computer its my limitation and i can run well the aircraft. I want to know which aircraft will give a 15,17-20 frames, with airports like monasteir for example. My hardware is Intel core 5 2435m 2,4 ghz up 3ghz with turboboost 2.0 , 8 GB VRAM which min i have 512mb video card Intel HD300. i want a make my final box purchase and i want to do it well before strait to save money for my next computer which is the strongest Imac.

I like both of theme i like the vintage look of wilco, annd idly, so i only have preference about which will give the better frames with my hardware.

please post your opinions ! thanks so much for the help!

Regards!

Eduard, do some reading of the products descriptions before you buy.

The first question you should ask yourself is which type of aircraft you intend to fly.

WIlco (FeelThere) offers the classic 737 (300/400/500) and iFly - the NG (600/700/800/900/BBJ).

BTW Yes, NGX is very resource intensive, but the other two 737s are also complex, so I do not think the performace difference will be worth missing NGX (the best of them for sure).

The NGX has the better user interface (think of flight saving/loading, for example) and will receive a 2nd servicepack one/some day, free of additional charge.

The iFly is the more complete package (value for money) and is already weather radar-equipped (only works with Active Sky Next, though). Not sure about further upgrades, though.

These are two NG (New Generation) 737s.

For a classic 737, I'd rather consider the MilViz 737-200.

Eduard, do some reading of the products descriptions before you buy.

The first question you should ask yourself is which type of aircraft you intend to fly.

WIlco (FeelThere) offers the classic 737 (300/400/500) and iFly - the NG (600/700/800/900/BBJ).

BTW Yes, NGX is very resource intensive, but the other two 737s are also complex, so I do not think the performace difference will be worth missing NGX (the best of them for sure).

Rafael i have read the system requermients but i don't know very well if my processor will be okey to run the products:

Look for the wilco it needs: Intel Core 2 Duo CPU (2x 2666 Mhz) or equivalent (Core 2 Quad CPU recommended)

2 GB RAM

DX9 Graphic Card with at least 256 MB (512 MB strongly recommended)

and for the IFLY i need: Windows 7, Vista or XP

Processor - 2.0 GHz

Memory - 2 Gb RAM

Hard Drive - 1.8 Gb free

Video Card - 512 Mb

​Looking this i think that the idly will give me more frames, but im not shire. Do yo know if with my hard are i will can run the ifly with at least 15-20 frames? I always make a mess.

​I asking for this because when i bought manhattan x i read that the systems requirements was core 2 dual and 512 mb video cad. and i have I 5 2345m which is core 5 with 2 cores (dual right?) but i have with this 5 -10 frame rate of performance in manhattan. Because of this i asking for help in forums to make the best purchase.

thanks for all the help

regards

What are your computer specifications?

I would recommend you anytime the PMDG 737 NGX before you buy Wilco or iFly. It's really the best 737 on the market.

Do you have the Aribus X Extended? I have both the PMDG 737 and Airbus X Extended and i have no big frame-rate difference whatsoever.

So, if Airbus X Extended is working fine on your computer the PMDG will most likely also be fine.

hi! thanks Rorschar i know pmdg and AEX those are my dream but they never will work fine with my computer, i need less duality aircraft. My computer specifications are Intel core 5 2435m 2,4 UP 3 Ghz with turboboost 2.0 8GB ram with intel graphics HD3000 which means 512 mb video card

• Deputy Sheriffs

Eduard, to be honest, but your specs regarding CPU (slow) and GPU (less memory are at the lower end. The system requirements on the product pages are suggestions based on a vanilla FSX with medium settings and no other addons running.

So, IMHO it does not make much difference what aircraft you are choosing, as Rafael already mentioned. You can buy any of them (I'ld prefer the PMDG), but you will only have fun with very moderate settings in FSX, meaning all sliders more to center or left (especially regarding Autogen)!

Eduard, to be honest, but your specs regarding CPU (slow) and GPU (less memory are at the lower end. The system requirements on the product pages are suggestions based on a vanilla FSX with medium settings and no other addons running.

So, IMHO it does not make much difference what aircraft you are choosing, as Rafael already mentioned. You can buy any of them (I'ld prefer the PMDG), but you will only have fun with very moderate settings in FSX, meaning all sliders more to center or left (especially regarding Autogen)!

i can get 25 frames on kos with dash majestic and medium settings with fsx booster.

But yes :fallingbricks_s::cry_s: im know my macbook pro its a scam. Im saving money to purchase the strongest imac I7 3,5 up to 3,9. with nvidia GTX 780m GDDR5 4gb thats not bat right?

I wil try another configuration settings lower with less traffic and the sliders more to the left!

Tjanks for all the help guys.

By the way, could you say me, mopperle, which sliders do you recommend me to se to the left and which to the center?

Thanks so much

With such specifications you should be able to run the PMDG 737NGX, it's not as heavy as you might think. The Wilco and iFly are both FS2004 models working in FSX, wich never looks as good as a native FSX model like the PMDG 737NGX.

With such specifications you should be able to run the PMDG 737NGX, it's not as heavy as you might think. The Wilco and iFly are both FS2004 models working in FSX, wich never looks as good as a native FSX model like the PMDG 737NGX.

thanks patrick but don't you think that will be run a little faster the ifly than pmdg? or i should definitely buy the pmdg!

Well, the correct question should be: PMDG or Ifly?

If you´re interested in the very best available, plus Voice Emergency Simulations via FS2Crew, than buy the PMDG

If you can go with the second best and still have a phantastic Aircraft, than buy the Ifly.

For me, when it comes to Boeings (very seldom, thanks Aerosoft AAX) I have the Ifly.

The iFly 737 is certainly not a bad product, but like I said before it's an FS2004 product working in FSX and therefor it can never be as good as the PMDG, wich is completely FSX native. How much fps you'll get with it depends on much more than just the aircraft and therefor it's impossible to say something about it. On one computer the PMDG might perform better, on another you'll get more fps with the iFly. It's just what you prefer.

I would definitely go for the PMDG NGX. The iFly is a great product, but like PatrickZ said, it's a FS2004 product. Which means a. it doesn't use the full potential of FSX and b. since it is a port-over, it will not perform as good in FSX as it does in FS2004. And don't forget that the developers from PMDG are probably the best out there in terms of performance/complexity. Even though the NGX is very complex, it is still a great performer!

And if you are upgrading your machine in the future, you may regret the choice you made now, so choose the NGX and you'll be even future ready!

thanks roelio. i have write to the pmdg support staff to see what they about hw would the pmdg work under my hardware. But guys im thinking that im going to buy pmdg. and mopperle, IM REALLY PROUD OF MY COMPUTER :PB) haha

Archived