ETOPS BETWEEN YSSY AND SCEL

HI Everyone

Today i was planing a flight from YSSY to SCEL. The plane is 77L ETOPS is 180 and I received the adeguate Airports but i was not able to set a correct ETOPS so that i couldnt compute the flight plan. If u would plan this route how would u setup the etops so that everything would be good? What airports sare the correct one for this route?

Thanks

Alfredo

If ETOPS 180 is not enough, have you tried ETOPS 207?

The 777 can be certified with up to 330 in the real world, so that should be a problem.

On the other hands side, if your operators 777 does not have ETOPS 330 then you would simply need to choose another route that goes closer to the coast. Easy as this ;)

Hello Alfredo,

Fedex using a 777 on that route or an MD11?

If the 777 maybe something like this would work, maybe Doug or Gary will correct it ;):

post-5872-0-27697100-1394442061_thumb.jp

Well so this is a route of fedex.

Since when? We dont even have a test route in the flight planning system to test the route.

No US Airlines, including Delta, hold ETOPS 330. Some are working applications for ETOPS 240, but no one is working a 330 application.

Hi guys,

To get the most efficient route eastbound we'd need to get down to the 60°S latitudes, westbound even further to 70°S. No B777's ply routes over the Southern Ocean.

ANZ do have ETOPS 330 and that's for more southerly tracking between NZAA - KLAX.

QFA don't have B777's but they do operate the Sydney - Santiago sector non-stop with B744's.

Sydney does get B77L's and they come from Canada/North America as well as the Middle East.

FDX traffic this part of the world is MD11's to the Philippines and to Honolulu.

Cheers,

FDX traffic this part of the world is MD11's to the Philippines and to Honolulu.

FDX does not operate, and hasnt operated (even on a charter) between NZ/Aust and South America.

FDX does not operate, and hasnt operated (even on a charter) between NZ/Aust and South America.

Federal Express is a regular cargo operator to Sydney [YSSY] since about 1998 it doesn't fly here nonstop but either has a stopover in Manila Philippenes or Honolulu ,America along the way.

This photo shows a FedEx MD-11 on approach to Sydney[with the city in the background if you don't believe me]

post-72173-0-59255500-1394701820_thumb.j

Federal Express is a regular cargo operator to Sydney [YSSY] since about 1998 it doesn't fly here nonstop but either has a stopover in Manila Philippenes or Honolulu ,America along the way.

This photo shows a FedEx MD-11 on approach to Sydney[with the city in the background if you don't believe me]

Doug was meaning between South America and Oceania. The only Airlines that fly to YSSY from Sth America as stated above is LAN via NZAA and QF direct, sometimes QF via NZCH ( Etops airport) for fuel if winds determine it. Aerolíneas Argentinas via NZAA.

Doug was meaning between South America and Oceania. The only Airlines that fly to YSSY from Sth America as stated above is LAN via NZAA and QF direct, sometimes QF via NZCH ( Etops airport) for fuel if winds determine it. Aerolíneas Argentinas via NZAA.

Oh sorry about that then.

Aerolineas Argentinas stopped flying to NZAA in 2012 but to get to Australia nonstop they had to put a 20% weight restriction on their A340's but now its a unprofitable route so the last Aerolineas Argentinas flight to YSSY in on April 2nd.

Exactly the point I was trying to make.

'Tis no small wonder Aerolineas are to cease that non-stop to Sydney. It would have to be the longest scheduled service the A342 has ever flown (15.5 hrs).

Archived