Hotfix 011

OY-VKS

Hi Team

After applying hotfix 011 - the autopilot is not flying the flightplan anymore. The aircraft is not following LNAV and Flight Directors anymore.

I've tried to switch to the other autopilot - but same thing.

If I select HDG mode all is fine.

See attached.

Regards

Jesper

post-9626-0-38542400-1360262941_thumb.jp

My aircraft decided it wanted to fly several thousand feet above the flight plan level. I tried it three times from EGLL to EGCC and every time it went above the 18,000 to above 21,000. Guess I will have to reinstall the entire bus. And liveries, and, and...

My aircraft decided it wanted to fly several thousand feet above the flight plan level. I tried it three times from EGLL to EGCC and every time it went above the 18,000 to above 21,000. Guess I will have to reinstall the entire bus. And liveries, and, and...

You seem to be having a different issue than the OP. Also, for us to help we need more information, specifically how the autopilot was configured, like were you in managed mode, selected mode, were you using v/s, was the proper cruise altitude entered in the MCDU, did you try anything to solve it as it was happening, what did it do then, etc. Screenshots of what happened will help us immensely, especially on issues we've never seen before.

A reinstall is of course a last option, and should be quick and painless if you do it properly. Specifically for every aircraft you have you should always make a backup folder that contains the addon liveries, and also a copy of your aircraft.cfg so you can just copy the [FLTSIM.XX] entries over to the new aircraft.cfg. You never know when you'll need to reinstall anything, so planning ahead like that alleviates the headache of doing a reinstall.

I was a bit surprised by the errors and have already done the total reinstall. I was in managed mode and only after reaching cruise did it go crazy showing overspeed and going up to a higher FL. I have probably flown the a/c 50 or more times and this is my first encounter of it showing this behavior. It will be tomorrow before I find out if the hotfix caused my problem.

Two posts in one!

To OY-VKS - I've only seen a similar thing to that at one location, departing WMKK, when the aircraft symbol was flying parallel to the drawn track whilst on the SID, then it got back on track after the airway entry waypoint.

I never saw it anywhere else, so I put it down to something with that particular Departure.

You've got a bit of wind on.

Have you seen it anywhere else?

To diajohn - I've just flown EGLL-EGCC-EGLL with Hotfix 11 and it stuck to the alt perfectly - FL180 going and FL190 coming back. I set cruise alt before takeoff and it followed the constraints correctly in managed on STD baro.

So I don't know what's going on with your problem - maybe an isolated glitch?

Hi Team

After applying hotfix 011 - the autopilot is not flying the flightplan anymore. The aircraft is not following LNAV and Flight Directors anymore.

I've tried to switch to the other autopilot - but same thing.

If I select HDG mode all is fine.

See attached.

Regards

Jesper

This happens with me too after the Hotfix 11. Happens today in this flight:

LSZH DEGES Z1 ETAGO DCT HAREM UN851 KEMAD UL190 ELNAT EDDV

I'll go back to 1.4 until this is fixed. :)

thanks

post-76630-0-21646100-1360458163_thumb.p

I had a same problem with hotfix 11 last flight from LIRQ to LKPR (VALEN UM738 BOA UM859 FER UM726 KOGOL UN871 ABABI UZ39 GOSEK) with selected SID before departure. After take off I used direct to VALEN by ATC instruction. It started turning back so I continued by HDG mode. After some minutes I tried again direct to another fix. The plane turned to ~ 30deg off planned track and continued this heading (this also happened when I pressed NAV). Whole flight had to be finished by HDG mode.

Same here. Departing EGPF with SID NGY2H. Did not follow route at all, was flying around in circles and had to use HDG mode. Complete uninstall & reinstall, now appears to be fixed :)

Not able to comment weather it did affect me before hotfix #11 I bought rex at the same time I know I didn't have this issue before both but then again I had no weather flew only in clear skies with fsx.

Hi

Having read the above Iwas happy I was excluded. But for the first time, it happened. From OSDI to OJAI, with a clearence rwy heading from ATC. So I addjusted the heading bug as such and took off. Setting autopilot on was great, rwy heading and climbing. Then when requested to proceed as filed, I did a dct to and the plane started to turn away from the point for a circle in position type of action. Where I started to proceed on manual heading. Several trials of dct gave the same result. Closing in on the airway, I just pushed the Lnav and it started to follow the route, however not on the line, but parallel to it. Reporting cross and tailwinds of 100+ kts at fl300 with Active Sky E.

Thank you and best of luck with this.

Jead

Yes but not too drastically. I guess as there is not too much distance between waypoints it doesn't have the time to drift off too much.

I am correct in saying its correcting for wind but just not doing a good job of it? I never had this issue before HF11 or before I bought REX.

Or sometimes on a turn it goes past the waypoint sort of overshooting and has to line up again with the flight path but it doesn't line up well and strays off?

Same thing happened to me last night while trying to fly from KMIA to KMEM. I had a CTD, then restarted the flight by departing from KTPA. Halfway to MEM at FL320, the autopilot went crazy - lost the nav line (although flightplan was still in MCDU/FMS), autpthrottle disengaged, and autopilot disengaged and the airplane went into a turn off course and uncommanded descent. Flew the airplane using fix inputs and manual altitudes, etc. to an ILS at KMEM. However, when I entered manual headings to fly a procedure turn out & inbound, the FMS fixes took priority, turning the airplane in a completely wrong direction. From there, I took over manaully an landed manually.

To date, since receiving the boxed version of this airplane, I have yet to get a complete, uninterrupted, uneventful flight. (I have installed update 1.04 and required hotfixes to-date). Haven't been able to fly an autoland/autopilot catergory approach either. The learning (and patience) curve is really steep with this airplane. P.S. - I made a change to my cfg (P3D) file to try to compensate for my having "too much" RAM, but have yet to see if that change has made any difference either. Right now, this airplane is more labor intensive to fly and more stressful than teaching a real-world newbie how to land! :)

Hi,

I was having good results with 1.04 but since Hotfix 11 everything at the landing end has gone faulty. Strange curved approaches. Failing to catch the glide slope. Have to rescue by hand flying.

I am going back to 1.04.

Dave J

Also on my system ZFW is not being transferred from the Planner but can be entered manually. There is still a problem with the push back built into the program.

After stopping P back with Shift P the push back restarts by itself. Slowly we are getting there and it will be superb when finished .

Dave J

Hi guys,

I've done quite a few flights on 1.04 and all the hotfixes, and haven't seen this. Is there any common type of waypoint that this begins at? (Like off an arc, an INTCPT point, etc?) If anyone has a flight route that you can get this to happen 100% of the time, please share it so we can fly it and take a deeper look.

In flying OMDB-FIMP right now I don't Internet at the mo so no live weather from REX. I have zero winds aloft and I'm not deviating off course at all. All the turns were executed without overshooting too.

Archived