Hotfix 008. Overshooting LOC

jrotaetxe

• Deputy Sheriffs

Today, making a landing in SBGR, using STAR PCL13, catching the localizer, the bird began a series of S turns, not being able to stabilise properly.

Perhaps trying to solve the offset problem of the prior hotfix, now it has become extremely overreacting.

Regards

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today, making a landing in SBGR, using STAR PCL13, catching the localizer, the bird began a series of S turns, not being able to stabilise properly.

Perhaps trying to solve the offset problem of the prior hotfix, now it has become extremely overreacting.

Regards

Hi,

Next time you get this can you try to grab a couple of shots as it's doing the S-Turns. I've just done a couple of flights with no issues. Out of interest did you have any FPS issues at the time of intercept??

• Deputy Sheriffs

Here they are.

Glideslope lost, but can ilustrate the problem of LOC

One

post-74287-0-80373300-1358642430_thumb.p

Two

post-74287-0-29325300-1358642465_thumb.p

Three

post-74287-0-33426200-1358642485_thumb.p

Four

post-74287-0-27638800-1358642505_thumb.p

This way since "Loc alive" voice and LOC mode connected

I also had that first flight after hotfix008 on ILS 06 at EHAM last night - it was windy, but shouldn't have caused that - it had been perfect before the hotfix.

Going to try some other flights today and see if it does it elsewhere. If it does I'll try that other loc file.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Much, much better with the "repatched" version from 1.02c.

This is a not very comfortable STAR, as you catch everything very close to the runway, so the angle variations in LOC and GS are VERY sharp.

Now, the LOC converges very quickly (some overshootings, but "cushioned?" very quickly, and it is normal with this so close catches).

Regards

Flew EGLL09L with hotfix 008 not as bad as last night's flight - maybe it was frames? I recall there was lot of weather (snow) going into EHAM maybe that slowed it down a bit although I didn't notice at the time.

Installed 1.02c LOC and went back to 06 at EHAM and a lot better with frames about 18.

Maybe something or nothing.

After overwritten LOC HF 008 to LOC 1.02c, I notice the same problem : under 400 feets the bus oscilates from right to left and isn't able to maintain his good trajectory. Why ? G/S is good but also LOC is centered bus oscilate and doesn't land to the middle of the runway.

Tested at LFPO RWY 06 ; LFRB RWY 25L (two times)

Regards

ILS approach worked near perfectly in version 1.02c. It was one of the most perfect features in AXE. Andy now, it's a further problem :(

Hy, i can confirm this.

Best regards

Andy

And did the fix Joshua offer help?

Hi,

Yes I made a new test with the Joshua offer help.

And the problem is still the same.

PS : thank you for your mail, Mathijs

Same problem, 1.03b + Hotfix 008 + LOC file Joshua. Aircraft is less stable and has diffucties to maintain a straight trajectory, autoland are less acurate (precise).

Maybe the problem is not "LOC" but "FBW" reactivity, it's maybe too slow to follow the FD.

I don't know.

Thank you for for your wanderful support.

Regards

• Deputy Sheriffs

Unfortunately, have to confirm Therom statements.

Landing SBGR (as usual), STAR PCL13, problems to catch the GS (due to the restraints, no problem here with the AEX), but LOC from side to side.

Perharps some of the Beta Testes could make this and give us some feddback (or advise).

Regards

• Deputy Sheriffs

Ok. Have learnt a lesson today making (again) tne damned approach. Call me hard headed. Never mind... :)

The problem has not happened because I have connected the loc mode a little bit earlier, not waiting the call "LOC alive".

It seems that if you reach the LOC crossing position too fast (I realise "too fast" is a little bit fuzzy, but cannot say better), there is little the devs can do for us and the LOC overreacts the whole approach, like a bell. DING-DONG

But if you enter LOC mode a little bit earlier and let the plane adapt its trajectory without such initial strong commands, the aproach is verified smoothly.

So check again your ruined approaches and share your experience. Perhaps we can relief the dev team about this issue.

Regards

Archived