Hotfix 008. Overshooting LOC

jrotaetxe

hi,

i think that it would be perfect to have this shema for good interception LOC ;)

The issue there is the setup of your waypoints. They way you have the flightplan set up is what is causing that. Curves will be calculated based off of the type of waypoint, and the angle at which you are approaching. With that, to get what you would like to see, you would need ATC vectors, use heading mode, or fly manually. The last option would be to create a PBD waypoint off of your IAF to the left to allow the FMGS to calculate a better path towards the final.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The issue there is the setup of your waypoints. They way you have the flightplan set up is what is causing that. Curves will be calculated based off of the type of waypoint, and the angle at which you are approaching. With that, to get what you would like to see, you would need ATC vectors, use heading mode, or fly manually. The last option would be to create a PBD waypoint off of your IAF to the left to allow the FMGS to calculate a better path towards the final.

hi,

yes why not but it' s a star and waypoint is insered automatically, !! this is purpose for Landing with ILS

• Deputy Sheriffs

There IS a problem in AXE with Laurent's LFST approach... And is the lack of transition once you have chosen the STAR, and that's why you enter DCT from SAV. Once the STAR is chosen, the transitions shoud be displayed, and, among them ILS23 SAV trans. This is not happening.

Thank you Graham for the clues.

Regards

Is Aerosoft aware of the dificulties of reading Navigraph's stuff?

Regards

Its navigraph responsibility to adapt it to our format.

So the question is, is Navigraph aware of this? and the answer to that is I dont know.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Uuups...

I advised them about the problem, and they told me about the transition Issue.

As part of their procedure, I informed them I was using AXE, but I have not the expertise to identify if the trans info is in the files or not, and if it is a problem of Aerosoft or Navigraph's.

Just in case, will return to their forums to ensure they double check, but I would ask somebody to check the STAR and see if seems ok for the AXE or not...

Regards

Archived