Font and PROG page problems

Taurus

Dear developers!Your model is the best model among others FSX Airbuses! But, could you make the font of the FMA and altitude scale bigger or more clear, legible? It's not so easy to read messages of the FMA on the 17' and 19' displays. And could you fix a problem with bearing and distance on the PROG page? This magnitude doesn't change during the flight. Best regards, your follower!

Yes, I have the same problems! It's impossibe to read FMA messages and vertical speed readouts without 4x zoom in the 17' screen. Dear developers, could you improve font and make it more legible? My bearing and distance on the PROG page don't change during the flight, could you fix it? Thank you!

Werner said it already. We'll look into this lateron and see if it's possible. I think the demand for the PROG page is there and we'll see if something can be done about it. No promises though :)

Regarding the Font problem: We can not make them any bigger. They are already bigger than the ones in the real Airbus, but there's seriously no change to make them even bigger. This is how it looks on my computer and I have no problems with them:

Propably you should adjust your zoom level to get them bigger.

Yes, I can adjust zoom, but whenever I want to adjust V/S or ALT selector knob I have to adjust zoom in the full back position. It isn't convinient. Could you make the font more clear? Thank you very much, best regards, Happy New Year!

In MCDU unreadable font, the letters are merged, can you fix the font style and make it more clear? Regards, Konstantin!

Could you please show a picture of the merged letters? We've never seen that before!

The MCDU clarity "problem" is known

post the screenshots. Large letters are seen clearly, but that's petty I can not read, they merge. Particularly finely are written numbers. Please pay attention to this.

• Deputy Sheriffs

why my screenshots have been removed?

The answer is given in the post. Simply attach the screenshot to the post by clicking on "use full editor" and then "Click to Attach Files"

"post the screenshots. Large letters are seen clearly, but that's petty I can not read, they merge. Particularly finely are written numbers"

I have taken action on this though, I have asked the modeler to double the MCDU resolution in the VC to make it clearer. Solved now. Slight FPS impact for this one ~1-2 FPS.

There is 17' screen. On the first screen FMA target V\S, MDH, and V/S readout are merged. On the second is 2x zoom, isn't good too. Only the third screenshot is acceptable (3x zoom)

post-76201-0-26806000-1357466902_thumb.p

post-76201-0-04238700-1357466911_thumb.j

post-76201-0-26470100-1357466917_thumb.j

The problem with the readability of the FMA and MCDU fonts obviously has to do with zoom level and screen resolution.

If you zoom out enough to see more of your cockpit you simply have not enough pixels to display the text in readble form.

I use a 24" screen with 1600x1200 resolution. At 0.4x zoom i can still read the FMA and MCDU fonts.

I think this is very hard to correct.

A topic has been opened in the beta forum to discuss the updates on the PROG page.

• 4 months later...

Gents, here is my ultimate solution:

Use Track IR and you can move all around the flightdeck. Zoom in and out by just moving your head forward or backward. Look left or right to see if there is crossing traffic. Look up to check the overhead panel

I have the standard VC View with a zoom rate between 0.90 and 1.00 and I dont have any difficultis with readability.

Its awesome to fly this perfect product that way!!!

I really don't see a problem here, the fonts are around the correct size for the displays in the 'Bus - If you make them bigger certain members on this forum will complain they are unrealistic!!

How hard is it to zoom in and out as required - I run a Samsung 22" monitor and can read all the relevant info to operate this plane. If you are not able to read the displays accurately I suggest it is a problem with your equipment rather than the VC dispays..... :comp1_s:

Regards

Dave W

Archived