FSX and P3D pausing sim at regular intervals

nfinger

Hi,

after installing aibus x extended, and using one of the airbus aircraft, FSX momentarily stops/pauses every 5-10 seconds for about 1-2 seconds. this makes it impossible to use. it is similar to a pause when sometimes FSX loads scenery while flying along. all other aircraft are fine including ngx or old airbus x.

i am only using vc, as i have 3 monitors connected using eyefinity

i have also installed it on p3d and it has the same problem there. i also uninstalled RAAS but made no difference.

my system intel i7, cpu 980 @ 4ghz, win7 x64, 12gb ram, asus ati hd7970, 240gb ssd

• Aerosoft

Hi,

after installing aibus x extended, and using one of the airbus aircraft, FSX momentarily stops/pauses every 5-10 seconds for about 1-2 seconds. this makes it impossible to use. it is similar to a pause when sometimes FSX loads scenery while flying along. all other aircraft are fine including ngx or old airbus x.

i am only using vc, as i have 3 monitors connected using eyefinity

i have also installed it on p3d and it has the same problem there. i also uninstalled RAAS but made no difference.

my system intel i7, cpu 980 @ 4ghz, win7 x64, 12gb ram, asus ati hd7970, 240gb ssd

How far eyeinfinity causes issues I cannot say as they never produced drivers that were really fully compatible.

But we have also seen a pause issue on some systems, as yet unexplained. Check on that here: http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/60480-airbus-x-extended-fps/

thank you for the thread on fps and I have attached a short (low res) video that shows what is happening. my sim pauses there is no reduction in fps just a pause every few seconds. it only happens with AEX and i have never experienced this before. I have been using eyefinity for a long time with no issues. my screen resoltuion 5836 x 1080 over 3 monitors.

AXEpausing.wmv

there is one mechanism built into AXE which triggers every few seconds - updating the MCDU sreenshot for the web-interface. That will write a file every few seconds. It could be that your FSX.cfg is not optimized and FSX has to wait for the file to be written. You may want to try the following:

go to your My Documents folder and look either for folder Flightsimulator X Files or if you have a non-English version of FSX for the language specific folder (e.g. Flightsimulator X Dateien for German). There go to AerosoftAirbusExtended folder. In there is a file called FMGS.ini. Edit it and change the setting HTML_Interface from 1 to 0. To my knowledge that will prevent the writing of the MCDU screenshot. Save the file

Restart FSX and load you AXE. Check if the microstutters are still happening. If no then I think you have found the reason. In that case you should consider:

a] to leave the setting off - unless you want to use the web interface

b] check possible FSX optimizations to prevent the microstutters when the file is written - use the internet search "FSX performance" to get plenty of links.

if it did not make a difference then turn it on again by setting the parameter to 1

Hope that helps

Kosta

• Aerosoft

there is one mechanism built into AXE which triggers every few seconds - updating the MCDU sreenshot for the web-interface. That will write a file every few seconds. It could be that your FSX.cfg is not optimized and FSX has to wait for the file to be written. You may want to try the following:

go to your My Documents folder and look either for folder Flightsimulator X Files or if you have a non-English version of FSX for the language specific folder (e.g. Flightsimulator X Dateien for German). There go to AerosoftAirbusExtended folder. In there is a file called FMGS.ini. Edit it and change the setting HTML_Interface from 1 to 0. To my knowledge that will prevent the writing of the MCDU screenshot. Save the file

Restart FSX and load you AXE. Check if the microstutters are still happening. If no then I think you have found the reason. In that case you should consider:

b] check possible FSX optimizations to prevent the microstutters when the file is written - use the internet search "FSX performance" to get plenty of links.

if it did not make a difference then turn it on again by setting the parameter to 1

Hope that helps

Kosta

Indeed, if the system is overloaded and there is no CPU free to handle this it could be causing the pauses.

If you have any antivirus software installed make sure you have an exclusion setup for the whole FSX root folder and include every sub folder, same goes for any other program that is interfacing with FSX.

Hope that helps

Kosta

thank you very much Mathijs, changing the setting to 0 in FMGS.ini fixed my problem now everything is smooth. I will leave it HTML off as i don't use it.

Cheers

Norbert

Archived