Airbus X Extended -- FPS

iPetroSS

Hello guys,

just got my Airbus X Extended and wow its like a freaking spaceship - I love it! :D

I noticed though that I get less FPS compared to the old Airbus X.

I tried taking off from Mykonos X and I got around 12 FPS while with the old Airbus X I was getting around 18-20.

Congratulations on the development team after all - it's the ultimate airbus experience ;)

P.S. May someone move this thread to the Airbus X Extended category?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, I am afraid the performance is not a winner - I have no over-clocked mega PC with a graphics card on steroids - the PMDG NGX reaches up to 20 fps when at cruise alt with clear weather. Airbus X only runs at 10-12 fps in the same situation without anything changed.

The ND is one of the culprits. I have created 2D windows with the PFD and ND separate and removed them from the VC. When turned off fps jump to 18 fps.

Also turn off that HTML interface and the logging - that improves things slightly. The HTML stuff is pretty much useless, taking screenshots of the MCDU. I actually thought we can use the WebMCDU like a real one but that was a misunderstanding it seems...

I had to tweak performance of my Sim a lot to bring AXE into an acceptable performance range.

But apart from that and some weird things happening from time to time I really like it and when the SP comes out I am hoping for some more performance.

Kosta

Overall i like the AXE very much! It's really the first Airbus addon that can actually be called airbus. However the fps really aren't the best. My specs are pretty good in cruise flight with the NGX i get around 27fps while with AXE it's only 18-25fps at addon airports usually around 10-12fps. But a really bad combination at least for me is AXE and aerosoft's LGIR. Here i get highly fluctuating fps with drops to 2fps every few seconds. I had such drops nowhere Else with AXE and never have seen fps at such a low level in fsx as with this constellation (AXE-LGIR)

Edit: i fly from LGIR with the NGX with qite acceptable framerates.

Look at your FSX.cfg, this plane does not like widesceen aspect, choose False. Bob

WideViewAspect=False

hmm, interesting. It did not improve on the fps but the views seem different, I need different zoom factors.

• Aerosoft

Overall i like the AXE very much! It's really the first Airbus addon that can actually be called airbus. However the fps really aren't the best. My specs are pretty good in cruise flight with the NGX i get around 27fps while with AXE it's only 18-25fps at addon airports usually around 10-12fps. But a really bad combination at least for me is AXE and aerosoft's LGIR. Here i get highly fluctuating fps with drops to 2fps every few seconds. I had such drops nowhere Else with AXE and never have seen fps at such a low level in fsx as with this constellation (AXE-LGIR)

Edit: i fly from LGIR with the NGX with qite acceptable framerates.

The Airbus uses more CPU then the NGX in most conditions as we have to do all the FBW calculations. Could it be you are using a marginal CPU, perhaps a non Intel one?

We would normally expect about 25% to 30% better fps then in the NGX (of course that is because it is handling a lot more systems).

Hey Mathijs,

you are right my CPU is AMD FX8150. I disabled some stuff in FSX now and get better fps now! Had that issue only in europe as i'm really using lots of addons there (almost everything you can get). FPS outside europe have always been ok with AXE. However in LGIR i still have sudden fps drops to like 2-4 fps every few seconds. Thats a bit weired but i guess i'll just not fly there with the AXE ;)

• Aerosoft

Hey Mathijs,

you are right my CPU is AMD FX8150. I disabled some stuff in FSX now and get better fps now! Had that issue only in europe as i'm really using lots of addons there (almost everything you can get). FPS outside europe have always been ok with AXE. However in LGIR i still have sudden fps drops to like 2-4 fps every few seconds. Thats a bit weired but i guess i'll just not fly there with the AXE ;)

Okay, I start to see a pattern. The AMD is weak on the hard core calculation we need to do (and it also seems a bit more prone to getting choked with tasks), not a lot we can do about that actually. The updates we will do will not make it slower and might help a bit here and there.

Ok thanks a lot. I'll continue to see where i can disable unneeded addon stuff from FSX and maybe that gives me some extra fps. Anyway at least i'm getting a few frames more at the Mega Airports now. So i can live with just not flying to LGIR now ;)

Oke I have not a bad PC, I5 2500K and GTX 570. I have tweaked my FSX a little bit. Use many add-ons like REX. I got less framerates at some moment than in the NGX. At Mega Airport Schiphol. With the NGX I got 16-19 fps in vc. With the AXE 10-14. So I don't know why. And that is on the ground. I can't understand why. Textures are at a lower resolution in the AXE than in the NGX. Is there also a reason for that? If we get lower fps, why not?

Hi am niceify :)

If u have i5 2500 with a K unlock u should have overclock it.I have about same processor and video card and my FPS is around 30 to 40 with framrate lock at 30

But do it at your own risk :)

Lower the ground vehicle i personally disable all of them .

Sky is another issue,if u have as2012 and have fps problem u should lower it.

For the bus i really have nothing to say,you should'd be lagging :( Am sorry.

My best suggestion OC your cpu i plus chop u see a improvement :) make sure u have a aftermarket heatsink.

Flying is my life i cant live without flying :) Aviation ALL THE WAY!

• Aerosoft

Oke I have not a bad PC, I5 2500K and GTX 570. I have tweaked my FSX a little bit. Use many add-ons like REX. I got less framerates at some moment than in the NGX. At Mega Airport Schiphol. With the NGX I got 16-19 fps in vc. With the AXE 10-14. So I don't know why. And that is on the ground. I can't understand why. Textures are at a lower resolution in the AXE than in the NGX. Is there also a reason for that? If we get lower fps, why not?

I cannot really say why this is so on your machine, clearly the amount of polygons makes it harder on your machine. It's often hard to say what exactly causes something to be slower on one machines compared to another. As this is fully optimized there are no things we can do to make it faster without starting to remove things.

Just been doing some test.

In the same condition, somewhere in the middle of the ocean so scenery can play no role I see these results (the fps is averaged and always with the mouse cursor off the window and after a fresh start of FSX. The ND is left 'empty', sim is paused

229 fps default Airbus

188 fps Airbus X

173 fps Airbus X Extended

143 fps PMDG 777

121 fps PMDG NGX

120 fps Wilco Airbus Evolution

• Aerosoft

Just been doing some test.

In the same condition, somewhere in the middle of the ocean so scenery can play no role I see these results (the fps is averaged and always with the mouse cursor off the window and after a fresh start of FSX. The ND is left 'empty', sim is paused

229 fps default Airbus

188 fps Airbus X

173 fps Airbus X Extended

143 fps PMDG 777

121 fps PMDG NGX

120 fps Wilco Airbus Evolution

That's about what I would expect yes. With the caution that we get good FPS because we limit the product where as PMDG does not.

I have done also a little test at EHAM with the Mega Airport Scenery. With the NGX I get in the VC with mouse cursur 14 fps, without 17-18. With the AXE I have with and without mouse cursur 14 fps. That is the difference that I say something about the fps. 17 or more fps is playable, 14 fps is not.

• Aerosoft

I have done also a little test at EHAM with the Mega Airport Scenery. With the NGX I get in the VC with mouse cursur 14 fps, without 17-18. With the AXE I have with and without mouse cursur 14 fps. That is the difference that I say something about the fps. 17 or more fps is playable, 14 fps is not.

Okay then we conclude that on your system the Airbus is slower then the NGX. As I explained it is hard to know why, certainly as it is the opposite on most other systems. And as I said the only way to make that better for your system is to reduce the complexity of the aircraft in some way, we just can't do that.

On Aerosoft Schiphol that is very hard on FPS I also see the Airbus X Extended drop in FPS and the difference with the NGX gets smaller. Still faster but the difference gets smaller. I think because the overal resources for the aircraft are lower.

But how it can be slower then the NGX.....

I don't know it, it is weird. And remember, it is flyable, because at EHAM I have the lowest frames where on earth. So if I don't fly in Holland I have good fps.

Archived