MCDU Guide for Airbus X Extended

Wanttosavetime

Hi,

in the Airbus-X-Extended StepByStep-Guide Vol.6 is written to look at the MCDU-Guide for further (deeper) informations. But i cannot find it in my documentation folder. The only MCDU-Guide i have, is for the normal Airbus-X MCDU and not for the new one.

Is there any possibility to get the Guide for the new MCDU by download?

Thanks and regards

I too cannot find the MCDU guide and I need it to find out how to do some of the more complex things such as holds, alternates, changing STARS in flight etc. It is for these features that I purchased this product.

Is there one available at this stage and if so where can it be found?

• Aerosoft

The mentioning in the step-by-step guide should not have been there. We will start working on a more extended document for the MCDU in January. It was not easy to do so as the MCDU changed up to the last day. Of course the vast majority of options are discussed in the step-by-step guide.

The mentioning in the step-by-step guide should not have been there. We will start working on a more extended document for the MCDU in January. It was not easy to do so as the MCDU changed up to the last day. Of course the vast majority of options are discussed in the step-by-step guide.

Ok. Then you can close my topic too

@Mathijs,

thank you for confirming that you are working on a detailed MCDU guide. Apart from this missing part, the manuals are really good and the best I have ever seen (nothing to compare with Wilco...) but I am struggling with some details concerning MCDU (e.g. changing flightplan during flight if something bad happens, landing at an airport that was not planned due to an emergency etc.). So, a MCDU manual would be highly appreciated:)

Best regards,

Tilo

• 2 weeks later...

The thing is, Thales Avionics' guide is written for a real unit which differs quite a lot from AXE unit.

Aerosoft's MCDU guide would still be beneficial to most simmers because it is required to operate AXE's unit in a different manner.

Besides, you can't expect an average simmer would read 700+ pages of highly technical and professional material just to recognize he can't do half the stuff he just read.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Is there any news on the detailed MCDU guide?

Thanks

Phil

Hi Phil,

Yes and no. Progress is pretty good, there's a solid amount of pages and pictures done, in German and English. But, recently that has been overshadowed with testing. We all are pretty much dedicating what sim time we have to testing the new update that will be released. Hopefully once that is done the guide can be finished up, fully translated (German to English), and released. Just know that the guide I'm referring to is being done by the testers, and I'm not sure if it will be considered 'official' or not. Either way, it goes a bit more in depth into the MCDU, with emphasis only on what we can use and what is simulated in the Extended. We are trying not to clog it with extraneous information on features that are not implemented.

Hi Kyle,

Either way, it goes a bit more in depth into the MCDU, with emphasis only on what we can use and what is simulated in the Extended. We are trying not to clog it with extraneous information on features that are not implemented.

That sounds perfect. I look forward to having a copy when it's ready. Keep up the great work!

Phil

only available in English and German? or will also be available in other languages

As of right now yes, but there's definitely nothing stopping anyone else to translate it into another language. Once it is posted it would be great if we could have some users help translate it.

• 2 weeks later...

Left MCDU Airbus X Extended

I am having trouble by inserting more air routes and waypoints (max is 4 each). Is there a clue of entering more of these data's while doing a flight plan on the left MDCU? If anyone can help I would apprciate.

Dushyant

Left MCDU Airbus X Extended

I am having trouble by inserting more air routes and waypoints (max is 4 each). Is there a clue of entering more of these data's while doing a flight plan on the left MDCU? If anyone can help I would apprciate.

Dushyant

What problem are you having? I've never heard that anyone has a similar issue before.

For example its possible to enter an airway in LSKL1 and a waypoint ind RLSK1.

if there are may be 8 airways and 8 waypoints; the question is that is there a possible to insert more lines to enter the data.

I am stuck by 4 lines only

if there are may be 8 airways and 8 waypoints; the question is that is there a possible to insert more lines to enter the data.

Just go back to the flight plan and insert the rest of the route...

(btw. please read the manual).

Like Adrijan said, what you should do is fill the string, then do a Temporary Insert and insert what you have. Then, scroll down to the last waypoint of that previous string, and click the LSK next to it, then the Airways RSK, and then you'll start a whole new string. You can do this as much as you have to to get your entire route uploaded.

Archived