!! Windows 7 no longer supported !!

As Microsoft will stop supporting Windows 7 on Jan 20th we will be unable to test any of our
products on that platform. It may work, or it may not, but no guarantees from our side. 

mopperle

Where am I? - A little ongoing quiz

I think this one is Tauranga Airport (NZTG).

Right then! Where's this?

aerosoftairport.jpg

(The aircraft is not a clue)

(The aircraft is not a clue)

Yeah, that is pretty obvious looking at the water on the right side. :)

I want to say Canada or USA, so, hmm... Airport does show signs of being a WW II era base, training maybe... hmm... neither of those that I checked so far fits.

"Pearson Field Airport", Portland / Oregon

Edit, no that´s wrong, Pearson has 08/26 :mallet_s:and another Layout

Fabo, you are actually right that it used to be a WWII base! I wouldn't have thought of that if I didn't know the airport.

Hint: Check the runway markings.

pacinka the triangular runway arrangement is always a givaway. Although after almost 75 years, most of these airports have changed the layout so that you have to know what to notice - usually there is one main runway, that has been rebuilt, and maybe one side runway at 120deg angle, and one another closed at 240 deg angle. Often the taxiways are connected to runway at sharp angles. This kind of stuff.

Anyway I am in dark as to what to look at at the markings. I was under impression, that this is just an alternate style that is allowed by the FAA and some other agencies. Now if they were yellow...

edit: apparently I was wrong and they are typical of a certain specific aviation authority. But try and find an airport in that country... damn.

Well I have to say I am very impressed with this Simaddons.... It is too bad I never heard of them.

Anyway you are on approach to Rockcliffe and I will think of something tomorrow.

Simaddons? Oh no, this is freeware from Flight Ontario, and looks much better than the payware Simaddons scenery! Check it out: http://flightontario.com/dl_fsx_listing.htm

Anyway, Rockliffe Airport in Ottawa is correct. It's a nice place, with a friendly flying club and a great museum!

Freeware? That much more impressed. Stand by for my screenshot.

Isnt this supposed to be a where am I quiz featuring addons published/developed/sold by aerosoft?

Oops, my bad. Sorry... :banghead1_s:

I don't have enough Aerosoft sceneries to make it interesting anyway.

Oh. With that in mind, I release my position to whomever.