Phase One

Matt_Smith

Phase one will start 2000 UTC on Saturday 9th April so you have a few days to plan :)

Phase one will last until 2000 UTC Saturday 21st May (6 weeks), so ample time to complete all 16 flights.

A refresher of the rules: Phase 1 is 16 legs, you cannot use an individual aircraft more than 4 times in this phase. So in other words you must use each aircraft 4 times

EAFS or EDMO - LFPO

LFPO - EGLC

EGLC - ELLX

ELLX - EHLE

EHLE - EDDT

EDDT - ENGM

ENGM - EKVG

EKVG - BIEG

BIEG - BIVM

BIVM - BIGR

BIGR - BITE

BITE - BIRF

BIRF - BGBW

BGBW - CYYR

CYYR - CYHZ

CYHZ - 2B2

Attached an Excel file containing the above information

Phase 1.zip

Having just entered that lot into Plan-G and had a look at the map, I'd characterise it as a flight plan created by a drunken bumble-bee :lol: I recognise a few of the airports and there are some.... interesting... approaches and landings there. Should be fun. :D

drunken bumble bee? lol Its not the most direct of routes across the pond, but the whole concept came around orginally are flying round the world visting as many aerosoft airports as possible, which turnd out impossible, due there being no addons for asia, other than Kai Tak ;)

You should see phase two ;)

I just did a first, but significant part of my flight planning,

that I wanted to share with you guys.

So in attachment, you'll find an excel file.

I've added the following to Matt's flightplan:

• longest departure runway for the leg
  • longest arrival runway for the leg
  • arrival field elevation
  • preferred aircraft (the aircraft you want to use for this leg)

secondly, I've added some information about the aircraft to use. (although the fields are blank, as everyone has different aircraft)

• available aircraft (your 3 aircraft, and the DC-3)
    • times used (the number of times you've chosen that aircraft for a leg. this will automatically turn green if it matches the next field)
    • times to use (the max number of times you can choose that aircraft)
    • min TO distance (the minimum runway you need for take off)
    • max TO distance (the maximum runway you might need for take off)
    • min landing distance (minimum runway you need for landing)
    • max landing distance (maximum runway you might need for landing)
    • aprox cruise speed (an approximate cruise speed)
    • cruize altitude (an approximate cruise altitude)
    • max empty altitude (maximum altitude when flying empty)

It's a lot of work finding all this data for your aircraft, but it might be worth the effort. Remember, it's a loooooooong journey.

It's up to you whether you use this or not,

but particularly the runway lengths might be useful, as not all will take a 737 or something like that.

Well, in the end, I made this for myself, but if anybody else want to use it, please feel free to do so!

• Upvote 1

Yes, great stuff Lars. Just need to add charts now...

Interesting warning on the approach chart for BGBW: Warning-minor icebergs may occur in the fjord close to the runway :blush:

• 1 month later...

please please please can I have until 12.00pm GMT tomorrow to complete these flights. I have been dogged with lack of internet and various work related issues that have really eaten up my free time, and my PC just crashed on finals!. But I only have 2 flights to finish

..grovel grovel

please please please can I have until 12.00pm GMT tomorrow to complete these flights. I have been dogged with lack of internet and various work related issues that have really eaten up my free time, and my PC just crashed on finals!. But I only have 2 flights to finish

..grovel grovel

OK just this once, and only once. We close phase one tomorrow 1200 UTC