Huey X: Initial release Issues

Hi Guys,

OK Not sure if this has been mentioned yet but I have noticed that there is an overlap of a texture on C-GERD,at the end of the tail. Now it seems to be only on this texture. Here is a shot of the tail you can see that some of the grey has Overlaped into the lower red section. Not sure if this can be sorted, just that it's letting down an first class texture. Timm

FSX image

tail.png

DDS image

ddssa.jpg

Hello!

Although I read this forum a lot, this actually is my first post on this forum ever!

Thanks for bringing this marvelous Huey. After being a passenger on one last december in Cape Town (see picture...) I just needed to have this one for FSX as well, just to relive the experience as close as I can...

I do have some issues though:

I also suffer from non-moving controls (the collective moves, but cyclic and pedals won't). Already tried every suggested solution mentioned, so far no luck.

However, the controls do function, and I can fly it. I can see all the controls moving in outside view...

It might have something to do with FSUIPC (Made no specific setup yet, apart from assigning the axes to default FS-axes) and the VRinsight T&T panel I use (but I've not set this up for the Huey yet...)

The T&T panel is recognised as a USB-pad, and gets priority over the other devices (is there any way I can adjust that?).

Other specs:

Win7 64bit

i7-950 3.07 ghz

FSX install on WD Velociraptor

6GB ram

nVidia GTX 275

TrackIR 5

I hope someone comes up with a definite simple solution...

My other "issue":

In a hover/low speed, the Huey doesn't really turn counter-clockwise, when applying left pedal. Is this a Huey characteristic? Or am I doing something wrong?

Regarding flightsimulation, I fly helos most of the time, and I'm doing fine flying the dodosim 206 on full realism.

Regards,

AJ

post-37733-011859600 1296424663_thumb.jp

Hi,

so i got the Huey yesterday, and really although i can only fly it with my yoke due to a joystick problem i have to say it's really great! I have never seen a better helicopter in any platform for any computer.

But I have to complain about one thing: Today I tried shutting down the engine in flight at 8000ft. In the default helicopters I loose control almost immediatly after that and you can imagine how that ends. But the Huey is really incredible stable without the engine. But then I reached 1000ft AGL. Almost immediatly the Huey started to spin around just like the default Bell 206 and that all ends only a few seconds later in the ground.

Since then I have tried many times to turn off the engine, but I loose control everytime. When i'm higher I have no problems on flying the Huey and when I have switched the engine on it isn't a problem either to fly it.

Is there anything i'm doing wrong, or may that be a bug in the product?

Emi

Problem: Cannot Activate Product.

Hi,

Ok i installed the product, inserted my serial number along with my email...all went ok. The files are within FSX and i can choose the helo.

Fired up Aerosoft Launcher, went into the Huey X part, added my serial and email, clicked the Online Activation...and waited. Nothin happend, the Launcher keeps crashing. I tried to update it from 1.0.0.2 -to- 1.0.0.3 but when i relaunch the Launcher, its still at 1.0.0.2???

Any thoughts.

System info.

Win 7 64

Aerosoft Launcher 1.0.0.2

Product: Huey X - V1

Hi,

so i got the Huey yesterday, and really although i can only fly it with my yoke due to a joystick problem i have to say it's really great! I have never seen a better helicopter in any platform for any computer.

But I have to complain about one thing: Today I tried shutting down the engine in flight at 8000ft. In the default helicopters I loose control almost immediatly after that and you can imagine how that ends. But the Huey is really incredible stable without the engine. But then I reached 1000ft AGL. Almost immediatly the Huey started to spin around just like the default Bell 206 and that all ends only a few seconds later in the ground.

Since then I have tried many times to turn off the engine, but I loose control everytime. When i'm higher I have no problems on flying the Huey and when I have switched the engine on it isn't a problem either to fly it.

Is there anything i'm doing wrong, or may that be a bug in the product?

Emi

Emi just ensure that Your forward airspeed never reaches zero.

No helicopter in FSX, not even the Dodo, can do autorotations with zero airspeed.

Keep airspeed at 60 knots and don´t bleed of airspeed before below 500-1000 ft - then bring at down to no less than 10-20 knots.

It´s a known FSX issue that autorotations won´t work without a small amount of forward airspeed.

Finn

Problem: Cannot Activate Product.

Hi,

Ok i installed the product, inserted my serial number along with my email...all went ok. The files are within FSX and i can choose the helo.

Fired up Aerosoft Launcher, went into the Huey X part, added my serial and email, clicked the Online Activation...and waited. Nothin happend, the Launcher keeps crashing. I tried to update it from 1.0.0.2 -to- 1.0.0.3 but when i relaunch the Launcher, its still at 1.0.0.2???

Any thoughts.

System info.

Win 7 64

Aerosoft Launcher 1.0.0.2

Product: Huey X - V1

Hi,

Ok i sorted this problem. You have to restart your computer for the update to take effect and the activation also. Then just fire your computer up again, relaunch the Aerosoft Launcher and whala....

I too have the problem with the controller not working. I have a Saitek Yoke, CH Rudder and an X-52 Joystick and throttle. X-52 joystick does not work at all, throttle does though. Rudder works fine and the Saitek Yoke will allow me to control the chopper, but its flaky at best. I have tried the suggestions with setting up the controller in both FSUIPC and FSX, but no go.

• Deputy Sheriffs

I too have the problem with the controller not working. I have a Saitek Yoke, CH Rudder and an X-52 Joystick and throttle. X-52 joystick does not work at all, throttle does though. Rudder works fine and the Saitek Yoke will allow me to control the chopper, but its flaky at best. I have tried the suggestions with setting up the controller in both FSUIPC and FSX, but no go.

Just confirmation that the X52 joystick and CH rudder combination works completely with the Huey. It's the only setup I use, so perhaps switching between the yoke and the joystick is related to your problem.

Also, be sure to check the sticky on "HueyX and controller setup" on this section of the forum.

After assigning the X52 and the rudders (or just the X52 if that's all you swap), and checking they're calibrated in FSUIP, I suggest a rebooot of at least FSX if not your OS. I find that sleeping my OS tends to leave my rudders and joystick still asleep when the OS wakes up, a problem I've had with XP, Vista and Win7 (the last two 64 bit). Rebooting always gets everything back on-line for me.

Hope this helps.

• Aerosoft

Did you follow up the guide here: http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?showtopic=42866

If so it should really work.

Possible incompatibilty with Flight1 Audio Enviroment. I have during some tests here found that when flying the Huey from outside view it will crash due to AEMODULE.DLL. When flying it from the cockpit everything is fine. I will report this at Flight1 forum aswell.

I did, but it just doesn't see the X-52 controller. If I switch to a different aircraft I can use it no problem. I will try messing around more with it this coming weekend...

Have You installed the drivers (important !!) + the SST software for the Saitek ?

If not, try both, lso if You don´t plan to actually use the SST software.

Finn

OK, lets try again...third time lucky, I hope..;)

I notice that unlike some other aircraft add-ons, it is not possible to remove crewmen from the exterior model by altering the payload weight for that position to zero. As I'd like to fly the Huey on my own as a civilian cargo carrier in Airhauler, how easy is it to add that feature ? Or does it have to be included during the construction of the model ?

• Aerosoft

OK, lets try again...third time lucky, I hope..;)

I notice that unlike some other aircraft add-ons, it is not possible to remove crewmen from the exterior model by altering the payload weight for that position to zero. As I'd like to fly the Huey on my own as a civilian cargo carrier in Airhauler, how easy is it to add that feature ? Or does it have to be included during the construction of the model ?

We'll see if we can add more models so a cargo version might be possible later on.

And indeed we don't remove the crew in external view. Without any disrespect to those who do, we think it's a bit of a non feature. It's simulating a parked aircraft, while we like to devote all efforts to the actual flying bit. It's the same with wing views and hatches that open to show stuff only a mechanic sees. Nice in a screen shot and cool on a feature list, but after you seen it one time you never use it again. Most certainly not as you do what we hope you do and that's to enjoy flying the aircraft.

Glad we got it solved, keep in mind we are here for any additional support you might need!

Hi again Mathijs,

I have posted in this forum and the Airbus X forum with a slight problem but received no advice. I have the CH USB throttle working well with the Huey and have the Z axis is assigned to engine No1.

When I now load the Airbus the CH Throttle it only operates the LH engine and I don't know how you assign both engines to the controller.

Paul

• Upvote 1

OK, I'm getting frustrated already.

I'm having an activation problem. The Huey installed fine, activation seemed to be OK, and I can fly the Huey from Dillingham from the "Spot" view. When switching to the Virtual Cockpit, I get the "Flaming Red Activation" screen. I have tried activating three times, updating the product information, and restarting the computer, but keep getting the red activation screen when trying to switch to the VC.

What gives?

Thanks,

Howard

I am very happy with the Huey and the flight model is brilliant.

Initially i had concerns about the FPS due to the high amount of poly, well the optimization worked very well and i have on my system good and stable FPS with the Huey. Just about 5 to 10 fps less then with the default EH 101, but with a much better model, lights, highly improved flight model and and and ... Its a good investment, congrats to the developers.

The Bird dog Huey has a slight gap at the left and right door, see the pic. This gap is not in the Bundeswehr version.

In my opinion the wind sound is way too loud and i changed my sound config.

cheers

Jaeger

post-37585-082726800 1296583668_thumb.jp

• Aerosoft

OK, I'm getting frustrated already.

I'm having an activation problem. The Huey installed fine, activation seemed to be OK, and I can fly the Huey from Dillingham from the "Spot" view. When switching to the Virtual Cockpit, I get the "Flaming Red Activation" screen. I have tried activating three times, updating the product information, and restarting the computer, but keep getting the red activation screen when trying to switch to the VC.

What gives?

Thanks,

Howard

Howard, we'll solve this, don't worry. You are the second person (assuming you are not the person who send in this by email) who has this problem.

Would you be so kind to write to support@aerosoft.com and confirm there you installed with admin properties and that you allowed all DLL's to load when you started FSX after the installation?

• Aerosoft

I am very happy with the Huey and the flight model is brilliant.

Initially i had concerns about the FPS due to the high amount of poly, well the optimization worked very well and i have on my system good and stable FPS with the Huey. Just about 5 to 10 fps less then with the default EH 101, but with a much better model, lights, highly improved flight model and and and ... Its a good investment, congrats to the developers.

The Bird dog Huey has a slight gap at the left and right door, see the pic. This gap is not in the Bundeswehr version.

In my opinion the wind sound is way too loud and i changed my sound config.

cheers

Jaeger

Thanks for your nice comments and the buglet you found in the Bird Dog.

We'll see if we can add more models so a cargo version might be possible later on.

And indeed we don't remove the crew in external view. Without any disrespect to those who do, we think it's a bit of a non feature. It's simulating a parked aircraft, while we like to devote all efforts to the actual flying bit. It's the same with wing views and hatches that open to show stuff only a mechanic sees. Nice in a screen shot and cool on a feature list, but after you seen it one time you never use it again. Most certainly not as you do what we hope you do and that's to enjoy flying the aircraft.

A non-feature ? Its no more a non-feature than sliding windows and opening doors on any other model, which Aerosoft does include, and which are in no way related to the flying bit. Wheel chocks, pitot head covers, tie-downs...we've had all of those too.

The idea of being able to go down to one crew figure is so that those of us who'll be flying the Huey in a civilian context, with one pilot and no crew chief, can see that represented in the external model. Its not something to see once and never again...its a configuration that civilian operators would use all the time.

Still, its your model, not ours.