FS Global Ultimate - The Americas- need help?

lindbergh72

Don't see why there should be. Isn't it a mesh program?

If so, FSX automatically selects the highest level of mesh available. Assuming the blurb is correct, The Americas is `up to 2m` whatever that means, FS Global is `up to 9m`...

Therefore if you have both, the higher level of mesh will be called in those areas where it is applicable.

Snave is spot on there, if you really so desired you could have install FSG 2008, 2010 and the new one all together with out any problems. I suspect though thats FSX would take its time loading up and youd want a big hard dirve.

No, it won't. A word of caution, though: These detailed meshes have the tendency to "pop up" right before your eyes, sometimes it looks like an earthquake. I see this with 5m meshes on a pretty fast machine.

A tip for very high quality mesh is to actually turn DOWN the mesh complexity slider to about 20%, then work up from there. You reach a threshold at which CPU cycles switch from mesh to other FSX items and that's when the popping starts.

• 1 month later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs

I am buying this title, If I want or need to, can I uninstall FSGlobal 2010 NAM and SAM, after this has been installed?

Your question will be answered by the manual and the readme file I'm quoting here:

You DO NOT need to deinstall any previous version of FS Global.

If you own and have installed a previous FS Global product,

please disable (do not remove!) the following scenery layers

(if they exist!) in you scenery library within FS.

Please refer to you FS Manual on how to access scenery library,

if you are not familiar with this procedure.

FS Global 20xx - Antarctica

FS Global 20xx - North America

FS Global 20xx - South America

FS Global 20xx - Central America

Please note: Not all scenery layers do exist in all versions of

FS Global. Just disable those present. Do NOT disable or

remove ANY OTHER scenery layer or files.