Rudder inoperativ

PW2000

Hello,

during flight, the rudder seams to be inoperativ. Thats unrealistic. When the plane touches the ground rudder starts working.

(Auto Coordination in FSX is deactivated, I am using Saitek rudder pedals and no FSUIPC).

So crosswind landings are almost impossible to fly. Whats wrong, can you tell me how to fix ?

Thank you.

Hello PW2000,

I take it this is flying completely manually!

Does the rudder work okay when not using the pedals to confirm that it is indeed moving. if so then something is not set up correctly for the bus and your hardware.

Hello PW2000,

I take it this is flying completely manually!

Does the rudder work okay when not using the pedals to confirm that it is indeed moving. if so then something is not set up correctly for the bus and your hardware.

I have this same problem also with saitek pedels. I can see the floor pedals in the VC move, but the actual rudder on the external model stays centered. Below 100ft. RA everything acts normal.

*EDIT* Could it be that I need a registered FSUIPC for it to work properly? I don't have any trouble with other aircraft.

-Todd

Hello,

during flight, the rudder seams to be inoperativ. Thats unrealistic. When the plane touches the ground rudder starts working.

(Auto Coordination in FSX is deactivated, I am using Saitek rudder pedals and no FSUIPC).

So crosswind landings are almost impossible to fly. Whats wrong, can you tell me how to fix ?

Thank you.

Isthis with theAP engaged? If yes rudder movement is limited by speed, see the flight co troll doc at smart cockpit.com. With the AP not engaged the pilot will have some control over the rudder.

Bob

OMG This is the basics!!!!.....I did another manual test flight and the rudder works for taxiing but it is completely inoperative in the air and during approach....I must have fluked those good landings earlier.

I use Saitek Rudders too......I can't believe this add-on has so many issues. It's clearly not ready for release and needs proper testing.....( a rush job before 737NGX?????? Uuummm not impressed).

OMG This is the basics!!!!.....I did another manual test flight and the rudder works for taxiing but it is completely inoperative in the air and during approach....I must have fluked those good landings earlier.

I use Saitek Rudders too......I can't believe this add-on has so many issues. It's clearly not ready for release and needs proper testing.....( a rush job before 737NGX?????? Uuummm not impressed).

I think that was a little uncalled for...

The common demoninator here seems to be the Saitek peddels. I am going to deactivate them and see if the joystick twist works.

-Todd

Todd, I do not have saitek pedals, just X52-pro. But I cant see it being the controllers when rudder input works below 100ft.

No effect, the aircraft will not respond to rudder input above 100ft. no matter what, beit from peddels, joystick or keyboard.

-Todd

This has nothing to do with brand of pedals. Take the default a321 for a spin if you are unsure. The Airbus X is using the default a321 FBW with all the same problems. No rudder over 100ft, no pitch trim over 100ft, and FBW using elevator input rather than trim to maintain pitch. I could have sworn Aerosoft stated they were making a custom FBW but I guess not.

This has nothing to do with brand of pedals. Take the default a321 for a spin if you are unsure. The Airbus X is using the default a321 FBW with all the same problems. No rudder over 100ft, no pitch trim over 100ft, and FBW using elevator input rather than trim to maintain pitch. I could have sworn Aerosoft stated they were making a custom FBW but I guess not.

Makes sense but wouldn't everybody that bought the bus be seeing the same thing? I sure hope this is fixable.

-Todd

Oh dear. So, like I said in a previous post.....it IS a default a320 with a bit of lipstick and a nice perm.....

Lesson learnt......I'll wait a while to see what a plane is like through customer opinion before I, decide not to, waste my money in future.....£30 for something we already have but with pretty textures? I am so annoyed right now.

• Upvote 1

Simple enough to determine. Can anyone point to a DLL or gauge related to the Airbus X FBW? Or is the only reference "fly_by_wire=1" in the aircraft CFG? For example the VRS F/A-18 superhornet, which has a beautiful FBW implementation, includes multiple axis_control gauges in its panel folder.

Seems you are correct Damocles.

For now I have commented out fly_by_wire=1 in the aircraft CFG. While this is a terrible hack solution it does solve all the major control problems with the plane. No rudder over 100ft, no trim over 100ft, and the pitch down behavior on autopilot disconnect and passing below 100ft AGL.

It also seems to help the flight director quite a bit, tho the left/right turn indication is backwards haha.

So for now I will fly her as a boeingbus :)

Just to rule out system or setup as being the cause I installed FSX on my laptop(it has never had flightsim installed on it). Same thing happens, even on a complete fresh install of FSX so it is definately the Bus that has the problem. I'm guessing that everyone is having the same issue, it's just not important to some. I'm going to keep an open mind and not get angry until after the devs have a chance o respond.

-Todd

I just tried a flight on the default fsx a321......I'm sorry everyone for banging on but the decision to use a deeply flawed plane for a base for a payware add-on is seriously misguided....I recommend a test flight in the fsx version before buying. Was it to save FPS?

[edit] with an open mind.......I want my money back if these issues are not fixed.

Ive tested this out with my saitek pedals as well. No responce with rudder. Other hardware works just fine.

Tino~

Just to clarify, are you saying you can get manual rudder control above 100ft.? just not with the peddels? And is the rudder actually moving on the external model? What I have seen is that the floor pedels and even the flight control page shows that the rudder should be working, it just isn't.

-Todd

I tried to move the rudder in Flight also with just the Keyboard, but it has no effect. The rudder is not working.

I will try if it works below 100 ft RA.

All my other Add Ons are working fine with the Saitek rudder pedals.

Markus (PW2000)

The AirbusX uses the FSX-fly-by-wire. Be aware that the FSX-FBW is really good in many aspects.

That you can´t see the rudder movement above 100 ft, when the aircraft is in FLIGHT-MODE, is unfortunately

a feature of the FSX-FBW.

Below 100 ft, when you are in GROUND-MODE (takeoff) and FLARE-MODE (landing), the rudder is enabled.

Timo

• Upvote 1

The AirbusX uses the FSX-fly-by-wire. Be aware that the FSX-FBW is really good in many aspects.

That you can´t see the rudder movement above 100 ft, when the aircraft is in FLIGHT-MODE, is unfortunately

a feature of the FSX-FBW.

Below 100 ft, when you are in GROUND-MODE (takeoff) and FLARE-MODE (landing), the rudder is enabled.

Timo

It is apparently not that good. The fact that the default FBW completely locks out rudder control and nose dives at 100ft. is a huge problem. Because of this Aerosoft should not have seen the default FBW as a viable option. I have serious doubts that this can be fixed, and it is quite upsetting.

-Todd

• Upvote 3

you can turn the FLT CLT off on the overhead panel and that will give you the rudder above 100ft off the ground and the elivators ailerons will also work faster above 100ft if you turn them all of see on this picture.

post-29691-128377498734_thumb.jpg

you can turn the FLT CLT off on the overhead panel and that will give you the rudder above 100ft off the ground and the elivators ailerons will also work faster above 100ft if you turn them all of see on this picture.

That is absolutely no option. By shutting down the flight computers you also kill the FBW. If I wanted to fly a Boeing then I would simply do so. It makes no sense to fly an A320 like that just for the sake of flying it.

-Todd

• Upvote 2