A new simulator

i have the best idea for a new simulator, i think a london bus simulator is good because it allows you to drive london buses and routes just like omsi but this simulator would be diiferent because the simulator should let you choose what bus company you would like to join and garage or depot and then drive the bus routes that the company and garages has example.

company Metroline arriva transdev ....

Route 182,260,266 123,29,41 220,H9,H8

Garage willsden Woodgreen Harrrow

This graph shows what i mean

• Upvote 1

From: http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/45525-afs-2012/

Impressive. And we have talked to Outerra a few times. But keep in mind that it's a scenery display engine, that's about 1/4 of a simulator. And what you see in the movie is in my estimate a full double layer dvd in data. For a very small area, without ANY human made objects. Now scale that up to a full world sim that we need and you see exactly where the problems are.

Mathijs Kok not to be rude,but you're wrong.You should familiarize your self with what Outerra really is.

You can do that here:http://www.outerra.com/wfeatures.html

Outerra is a unique 3D rendering engine, a world rendering engine capable to seamlessly render whole planets from space down to the surface. It can use arbitrary/varying resolution of elevation data that it further dynamically refines using fractal algorithms. The fractals try to mimic natural processes, generating fine, believable terrain with high resolution. The world is also being dynamically textured and populated with vegetation using predefined land type material sets and the computed terrain attributes.

An integrated flight dynamics model library (JSBSim) provides fully configurable physics and math model defining the movement of aircraft or rocket under various natural or applied forces and moments.

The engine also handles complex vehicle physics and its interactions with the terrain. It makes an ideal platform for integrating the ground and aerial vehicle simulation into one solution, while also allowing to have the whole world available in it.

:excellenttext_s:

Forum FAQ General:http://www.outerra.c...php?topic=247.0

What is procedural generation, and how does the engine differ from other games/engines?

Procedural generation is a concept of generating data algorithmically, rather than manually, in order to reduce amount of manual modeling or to generate detail when there are no data at given level of detail. Procedural generation can involve various fractal or algorithmic techniques; in OE it is used to refine terrain, generate the trees or for water rendering and more.

The engine differs mainly in that in OE the whole world will be ready from the beginning and you start with modding it, whereas with common engines you usually start with an empty, constrained level.

If I'm not wrang, Outerra uses some ofthe same techniques as Infinity: http://www.infinity-...inity/index.php

Infinity FAQ: http://www.infinity-...id=15&Itemid=28

How can you fit so much data on a CD ?

The trick is: we are not storing any star-system or planetary data at all! What we are storing are algorithms and code to generate this data in real-time, as requested by the game server. This is similar to what 64k demo coders do, and this technique is called procedural programming.

If data is procedurally generated, won't each player see a different result? what happens if I come back to the same location weeks later?

There is a lot of confusion on the Internet about what procedural generation really is about.

Procedural generation is not at all the same than random generation. In fact, it's pretty much the opposite: it's all about recreating the same data providing the same inputs. "Seeds" numbers are given to objects, so as long as an object has the same seed than before, it will be recreated exactly like before, with the exact same details, down to the millimeter level.

Synchronization between multiple players is ensured by making the server transfer the same object's seed to all players who are able to see or interact with this object. So all players will see the same procedurally generated object, like a planet, with the same details.

Won't planets all look the same ?

With billions of planets to explore in the galaxy, it is true that a lot of those planets will share a similar aspect. However, each planet will also be unique and have its own characteristics.

We will try to add as much variety as we can to our procedural algorithms to ensure that exploration is fun and rewarding.

Or do you remember the old days, Frontier Elite 2?: http://en.wikipedia....ntier:_Elite_II

The whole universe of Frontier Elite 2 on a single floppy disk.

Outerra does NOT take a lot of space.

I think you should spend some time to familiarize your self with Outerra. :bow_down2_s:

• 1 month later...

Has this project been cancelled?

I do think the world needs a good simulator and in my oppinion x-plane 10 isn't close to that. The graphics is vey old-school. We need new DX11-shaders. Just look at games like battle-field and gran turismo 5 and see what can be done in 2012.

Has this project been cancelled?

I do think the world needs a good simulator and in my oppinion x-plane 10 isn't close to that. The graphics is vey old-school. We need new DX11-shaders. Just look at games like battle-field and gran turismo 5 and see what can be done in 2012.

I'm not sure that you can compare first-person shooter graphic with flight simulators. It's VERY complex to make graphic in a simulator.

• 4 months later...

Any news on this one? It seems DCS is set to rule the flight sim market as it stands... and rightly so, Aerosoft flight simulator could be one of the few major contenders if it is still happening? if it isn't then please just let us know so we can get back to waiting for fighter ops ;)

Okay, so are you ready to challenge x-plane 10 and P3D? i have no interest in either of those but i have much interest in a true FSX replacement as do many people, microsoft apparently aren't willing to make that happen, are you?

• Upvote 2

Okay, so are you ready to challenge x-plane 10 and P3D? i have no interest in either of those but i have much interest in a true FSX replacement as do many people, microsoft apparently aren't willing to make that happen, are you?

As far as I know, P3D uses the base code of FSX... Microsoft sold it to Lockheed Martin, so if you're looking for a FSX successor, it's P3D. Microsoft developed Flight, which is in my opinion a desparate way to try taking a piece of the secondary FS market. Without a default complete world and the developments of the big ones like Aerosoft and PMDG, MS Flight is destined to die.

• Aerosoft

Well P3D is basically FSX on steroids. More stable, better FPS, a different (but not really better) user interface and some new options. Most of all it is in development, just as X-plane is. It's not dead code.