Switzerland Pro

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know about anybody else, but I find there is plenty to enjoy in the world of FS without the need to pester developers for release dates for single projects.

I don't know about anybody else, but I find there is plenty to enjoy in the world of FS without the need to pester developers for release dates for single projects.

- I just found it curious that the website said "release : June" on July, 16th.

- I doubt the developer will be "pestered" by my asking for a release date. They need my money more than I need their product. Curiously, hardly anyone complains about being overspammed by advertising but if you ask about release dates, you get flamed ...

Anyway, looking very much forward to this. Whenever it'll come. Some things are worth their price. :)

The problem is Marc, that it gets very tedious when people constantly ask for release dates and then complain when they are missed...which they almost always are ;) And with a company like Aerosoft who publishes and creates many products, it means every time somebody whines about the release date in a thread I subscribe too, I get an email...I log onto the forum...it's another pointless post...and this is with all their products. And this happens all across the net constantly which is very frustrating, you have to admit, when you are trying to keep abreast of many interesting projects? I'm sure we can rely on developers being clever enough to announce projected release dates when they themselves know.

Edit:Has the mouse returned from his holidays?

Hey look at this! The box says 1.2m/pixel in FSX. That's a welcome surprise, though they needs to update their screenshots because all the screens are at what appears to me 2m/pixel.

FSX_CHPROX_500.jpg

The problem is Marc, that it gets very tedious when people constantly ask for release dates and then complain when they are missed...which they almost always are ;) And with a company like Aerosoft who publishes and creates many products, it means every time somebody whines about the release date in a thread I subscribe too, I get an email...I log onto the forum...it's another pointless post...and this is with all their products. And this happens all across the net constantly which is very frustrating, you have to admit, when you are trying to keep abreast of many interesting projects? I'm sure we can rely on developers being clever enough to announce projected release dates when they themselves know.

Edit:Has the mouse returned from his holidays?

The mouse is back, indeed ;)

Well, about the release dates : I'd say yes and no.

Yes, it's frustrating to have people ask all the time. HOWEVER if the company would come forward with reasonable educated guesses, there'd be no asking. You have to admit it's not very professional to have a "June" release date on a website in mid-July. And if there'd be a nice explanation like for example Aerosoft always is giving for in-house products, if there's a delay, no one should complain about a delay.

Aerosoft is doing this very well, methinks. Look at the glider thread for example. :) Shame about the delays, but no reason to whine, the explanation is there and nothing can be done about it ...

Creating a complex add-on certainly is lots of work. But typing a few lines about the progress (once it's nearing completion and no secrecy needed) every other week shouldn't be too much of an effort. Also it keeps those happy who wait for it and it should keep the "whiners" quiet.

That's how I feel about it :)

Hey look at this! The box says 1.2m/pixel in FSX. That's a welcome surprise, though they needs to update their screenshots because all the screens are at what appears to me 2m/pixel.

Yep, makes FS9 look like ugly goo when flying low ... ;) ... I really look forward to this! :)

1.2m/pix? Augh .. this has just zoomed to the top of my 'must have' list. I think it's time to buy that third hard disk :).

Ground Environment X and Horizon have spoiled me for anything less than 2m/pix these days, so seeing this makes me all kinds of happy :).

1.2m/pix? Augh .. this has just zoomed to the top of my 'must have' list. I think it's time to buy that third hard disk :).

Would be nice to have some big screenshots ... say 1680 x 1050 ... :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Aerosoft

Ground Environment X and Horizon have spoiled me for anything less than 2m/pix these days, so seeing this makes me all kinds of happy :).

You do know that much of our VFR Germany stuff is 50 cm right?

Would this be the quite large areas around airports and similar that are sharper than the rest? I had noticed those and rather like them - they're perfect for when you're lower down on approach or in the circuit. If it's anywhere else I may have missed it due to loading delays - I find that below 1m/pix scenery load times increase and the max speed before I see lower rez tiles gets smaller.

The only reason that I'm not making comments like this in Aerosoft VFR Scenery threads ... is that I already own all of the released GA Airports and VFR Germany packs and love them - bar the coastal textures in VFR 2. If you ask Sasa to make some more 'trailer' announcements for VFR Germany 3 and 4 and the rest of the German Airfields packs I promise to make excited posts in those too :D.

Was this released today? The Fly Logic website says Release: 6th August, but there's a discrepency with the texture resolution. The box shot says 1.2m/pixel, and the description on the site stated 2m/pixel.... I hope they know what resolution they are using. lol

A few questions for the knowledgable ones:

1-Will this work with fsglobalx?

2- If I install ultimate terrain europex, will they work together?

3- Also, how about ground environmentx?

The main reason I ask, is apart from its $$$$$$$ price, I do not want it to interfere with fsglobal.

Thanks for any insight.

Waleed,

Since this is a photoreal scenery, it uses its own photo textures.

So both the UTE and GE will not interfere as they just won't be visible from under the textures.

What's more the auto-installer will surely deactivate any possible conflicting files.

And to be clear: I'm not from the Swiss Pro team. I'm just guessing. :)

So always the best idea is to ask at the developer's forum or via their contact email.

Best regards,

Rafal

Let me add that while they don't interfer, they will also not "work together" as in "complement each other". With that photo scenery, you won't see anything of UTE or GE. Mmmm ... perhaps the 3D night lighting of UE, on second thought ... (the lamps over the roads).

So, usually, it's always the choice between :

(a) good photo scenery like VFR : G or Swiss Pro

or

(B) UT + GEX + mesh

... there may be similar products like UT or GEX, of course.

Anyway, if memory serves, GEX:Europe isn't out yet, is it?

I received this today and it is a very good scenery but also very expensive. The textures are true 1m resolution and it looks better in motion than in the screenshots.

The autogen is also well placed but my fps take a hit on dense and i can run every other well made scenery without a problem, eg Megascenery x, FTX, Kai Tak etc. But you don't need autogen with a photo scenery and custom objects show up anyway with autogen switched off.

There are some random texture problems around airports, ie runways not matching underlying photos 100%.

An edited scenery layer is included which clears up a lot but not all of these airport problems.

Also, i only saw cars on motorways and not on main roads...

You should disable UTX Europe if you have it when flying with this scenery as your FPS will take a hit when it's active.

A separate airport layer is included to add compatibility with FSGlobal but I don't have that installed.

All in all a great package, finally a decent photoscenery that's not for america ;)

enjoy.

My set-up is Windows XP SP3, an 8800gtx, an E8500 3.16ghz, 4gb ddr2 800mhz ram and windows xp sp3.

Thank you gentlemen for your replies, they are very helpful.

Firstly, yes gex europe is not out yet.

I think I will stick to the swisspro package, as it looks like a much better deal to me.

Also, I am looking seriously at the future release of paris vfr, and london vfr packages and also Innsbruck.

http://aerosoft2.de/trader/pdf/Release%20list%20engl.pdf

That seems to render quite a bit of the groundfx, utx useless, at least for the areas I am interested in.

I hope I am making the right choice for myself, as I am still new to this portion of fs(Installed fsglobalx recently), and am in awe of what these products are offering.

Only problem is, I think I will need to negotiate an early and substantial raise for myself very soon.

Oh Damn, the Paris entry is exciting!

I've tried FranceVFR's FlightParis packs for FSX, but found them seriously wanting - so the thought of a high detailed true FSX Paris from aerosoft ...

I think I can hear my credit card crying from here :).

Guys,

here something to look at!

Flight from St.Gallen/Altenrhein to Bad Ragaz over the Appenzeller Land,

my home of the last few years...

in the Background Saentis and Altmann, in the background the Lake of Constance:

CHProX1.jpg

Below Alt St. Johann, left the Churfirsten:

CHProX2.jpg

Descending to the Walensee:

CHProX3.jpg

CHProX4.jpg

Turning in to Bad Ragaz, Liechtenstein in the background:

CHProX5.jpg

Approach to Bad Ragaz:

CHProX6.jpg

Cool Scenery-Addon!

Greetings,

docehrenhoefer

(10 days to go to move back to my hometown in Germany - leaving Switzerland with a tear in one eye :( and a laughing other eye :rolleyes: because simply returning home to familiy and old friends, but leaving some real friends behind here in Switzerland!!!! Thank god it's only 70 miles away.)

Want some more?

Shortly after taking off over Ulrichen / Rhone valley:

CHProWallis1.jpg

Saas Valley, in the background the Matterhorn:

CHProWallis2.jpg

Below Zermatt, Matterhorn again:

CHProWallis3.jpg

Look at those crevasses!

CHProWallis4.jpg

The Matterhorn:

CHProWallis5.jpg

Approaching Sion / Wallis (Le Valais):