Switzerland Pro

Gorgeous, thanks so much for those pics!

A lot better than the (already excellent!) FS 2004 version ... now one can even fly low and slow ... which makes it possible to max all the sliders :)

My poor credit card ... :rolleyes:

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

docehrenhoefer,

Would you mind taking a 737, climbing to some 33-35.000 feet and taking some screens of the landscape to show us here?

I would love to see Switzerland Pro as it shows from airliners' perspective.

I know this addon is mainly for GA flyers, but anyway.

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,

Rafal

docehrenhoefer,

Would you mind taking a 737, climbing to some 33-35.000 feet and taking some screens of the landscape to show us here?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,

Rafal

Hello Rafal,

I will try to remember and do that. Perhaps not with an airliner but a little hawk or so... :lol:

Until later!

docehrenhoefer

docehrenhoefer,

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,

Rafal

Hello Rafal,

here you are. Hawk at approx FL33.

View north over Lac Leman:

CHProhawk1.jpg

view southeast to le Valais:

CHProhawk2.jpg

the Rhône valley:

CHProhawk3.jpg

Nice view westward. the red dotted line is the border between UTX Europe in the background and Switzerland professional X in the foreground.

The only thing that could get a real threat is GEX Europe - still to come...

CHProhawk4.jpg

Hope that helped!

Greetings,

docehrenhoefer

docehrenhoefer,

Thanks a million, mate!

Looks very good and tempting.

I wish the whole world could look like this and in FS9.

the red dotted line is the border between UTX Europe in the background and Switzerland professional X in the foreground.
But it still looks acceptably good to my eye.

Best regards,

Rafal

I wish the whole world could look like this and in FS9.

But it still looks acceptably good to my eye.

Best regards,

Rafal

...of course it does! UTX is still very good, and - to be honest - for a pure landclass (ok, and streets etc) product it is fantastic.

I never regretted buying UTX!

uwe

• 4 weeks later...

I thought it only fair to post an update to my experience with Switzerland Pro X.

At the beginning, i thought the poor performance i was getting was related to UTX combined with CH Pro X Autogen, I was wrong.

After defragging my Hard Drive properly, I am now getting great performance with Switzerland Pro X.

I do not have to deactivate UTX or switch off Autogen and I can fly happily through this fantastic scenery.

I would like to thank FSGS for their patience in helping me get this scenery working properly...

Happy flying,

Toby

...of course it does! UTX is still very good, and - to be honest - for a pure landclass (ok, and streets etc) product it is fantastic.

I never regretted buying UTX!

uwe

:) Just for the record : UTX is not at all a landclass product. It's features are : roads, railroads, rivers, lakes, coastlines, all sorts of bridges, tunnels, polygon date (harbors, parks, parking lots, graveyards, ...) and the likes :) ... however the lc is mainly urban - it's recommended to use a 3rd party lc product to use with UTX.

Here are a few screenshots of mine to illustrate : http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=25020

Great stuff!

Just recieved mine yesterday... The post dropped it off OUTSIDE of my office's mailbox... Thank god that a collegue past by and saw a package with my name on it...

I did my first flight over Geneva... And it's beautiful, I can even see my house...

Then I went from Ambri to Locarno, and here are the shots :

http://www.geneva-racing.ch/images2/fsx/sw...d1/gallery.html

Sorry for the compression of the pictures which isn't great...

Here is a bmp without compression...

http://www.geneva-racing.ch/images2/fsx/switzerland2.bmp

More to come ;)

Saw a tree in the water and a couple of "crazy" cars, but absolutely don't care ;)

It's just a great addon... The big plus is NO performance problems what so ever !

• 11 months later...

Look at these screen shots of Switzerland Pro to be released end of June (for FSX and FS2004). Not too shabby hey?

And believe me, it even looks better on our systems here in the office. Note this will be a boxed only release.

switzerlandprox_34.jpg

switzerlandprox_3.jpg

switzerlandprox_25.jpg

switzerlandprox_27.jpg

switzerlandprox_36.jpg

switzerlandprox_14.jpg

switzerlandprox_31.jpg

Mathijs,

When will we in the USA be able to order this? It's not listed on the USA page on your website.

I think I need this to go with the Discus.

Thanks,

binky9

Hello Binky9,

You can get it now from the European site.

I believe there is a choice of postal rates available.

Shaun, I barely remember, but I think Mathijs mantioned a reseller in Boston???

binky9, it is an amazing add-on, just make sure your system can handle it, and if you have to get it from the European shop, it is a few more bucks but well woth it.

Good luck.