Twin Otter in 2024?

6 hours ago, catchymussel said:

Just a theory but has the Twin Otter been sold to Asobo/Microsoft so it's a default in MSFS 2024?

This is all conjecture, BUT that was indeed the first thought going through my head. Asobo and Aerosoft have been close partners during the launch of MSFS 2020, so the handoff of the Twin Otter into the 2024 base game seems like a reasonable outcome.

On that note, what do we even call this new game? I remember Asobo/MS being adamant that MSFS is MSFS, and not MSFS2020...should we still call the new one MSFS? Or MSFS2024? Perhaps MSFS-Career?

• Thanks 1

• Aerosoft
On 6/12/2023 at 2:39 AM, amahran said:

This is all conjecture, BUT that was indeed the first thought going through my head. Asobo and Aerosoft have been close partners during the launch of MSFS 2020, so the handoff of the Twin Otter into the 2024 base game seems like a reasonable outcome.

On that note, what do we even call this new game? I remember Asobo/MS being adamant that MSFS is MSFS, and not MSFS2020...should we still call the new one MSFS? Or MSFS2024? Perhaps MSFS-Career?

Microsoft has called it Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024 so far.

So if this "I can't confirm that" happens, does that mean we get our money back? Since the promised "We will carry on updating this product" has not happened!

• Like 2

I am really sad that I stepped away from MSFS for so long. I missed the release of the Twin Otter and returned to MSFS with it gone. I really wanted this aircraft and seeing screenshots of it just make it worse. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

If  ( note that I stress IF ) Aerosoft's Twin Otter becomes a default aircraft in MSFS2024, I shall strongly regret buying it.  I know we don't live in a perfect world; some commercial decisions are going to have awkward consequences no matter what you do. Aerosoft would not have known about Microsoft's intentions at the time I bought the model, so I can't really hold anything against them. Aerosoft did the right thing by taking it off sale, but it just came a little too late for me and no doubt others. Not a happy situation for Twotter owners.

• Aerosoft
7 minutes ago, Paul K said:

If  ( note that I stress IF ) Aerosoft's Twin Otter becomes a default aircraft in MSFS2024, I shall strongly regret buying it.  

Why? You bought it for what it offers, you are using it now, you have been using it for a good time, and you will be able to use it as long as you want. No value is lost. MSFS2024 is not around the corner any way.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Why? You bought it for what it offers, you are using it now, you have been using it for a good time, and you will be able to use it as long as you want. No value is lost. MSFS2024 is not around the corner any way.

I understand your point completely. I am making the assumption that since backward compatibility with current add-ons has been emphasized by Asobo and Microsoft, the payware Twin Otter will most likely work in FS24. I will therefore have something I paid for, while it also comes free with FS24. That is the primary cause of the regret about purchasing it.

But there is more to it than that. I'll be perfectly honest with you - I have found the Twin Otter for MSFS a little disappointing, and historically not Aerosoft's best. I won't go into the reasons - that's a different discussion altogether. But I would have been more inclined to overlook its perceived shortcomings if I'd waited and got it for free. That exacerbates my regret at having paid for it. A bit mercenary, I know, but that's the feeling I am left with.

I'll say no more on the matter.  I sincerely wish Aerosoft great success with the forthcoming A330.

• Thanks 2

While we are assuming wildly that the Twotter will be in MSFS2024 I would only worry if it becomes payware in the Marketplace, receive updates and us "old" customers will not get any updates for the plane we bought. However as this is wild speculation, I will right now stop assuming anything and wait and see what happens.

When it comes to what we did buy from AS, I cannot complain. I never quite understood all the complaints. Sure some things could be a little bit better, but overall, it is a nice experience to fly it. Also, I believe that many people who complain and try to compare it to other turbo-props have never set foot in a Twotter. I have never been in the cockpit so I can't speak for a pilots experience, but I have been a passenger several times. Some people try to compare it to for example King Air and they are worlds apart. I have also flown the King Air and that is a luxury experience compared to the gritty, loud Twotter.

After flying the King Air for a couple of hours I feel completely fine, but after two hours in the real Twotter, I feel exhausted.

I just hope everything works out for the best for old and new customers. Keeping my fingers crossed here. 🙂

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
On 6/29/2023 at 12:14 PM, Aerosoft Team said:

Well, that isn't exactly the point either. We bought it, hoping for continued support and its been quite a long time since any updates or fixes to the aircraft that still has issues. If the plan is just to release it with 2024 or as a freeware plane, it kind of throws in the face of people who did indeed buy abandonware, because essentially you are just re-releasing a new product to everyone. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

i have not got the twin otter for mfs 2020 but would love this aircraft wish they would do a package with Antarctica vol1  updated 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
Am 10.1.2024 um 18:18 schrieb bluegrasspilot:

its been quite a long time since any updates or fixes to the aircraft that still has issues

Abandonware. Sad but true

• 2 weeks later...
Am 2.3.2024 um 11:26 schrieb MichaelXP:

I would like to fly the twin otter, but no possibility to do so. @Aerosoft Teamdo we get the chance in msfs2024? 😉

Be happy that you didn't buy it. I deinstalled it after a few flights. My only hope is, that whoever brings it out again will see to a decent upgrade first. Then I would love to buy it again. The state it was in after the last update was on par with any low-grade default Asobo airplane. At best.

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like it's coming back after all.

I mean, if they release the one airport which was pretty much made for Twotters, the Twotter must be coming back, right?

Time for me to start watching YT videos of real Twotters at Lukla and practice my uphill flares.

EDIT: Is that actually a Twotter in the picture?

• Like 1

On 3/27/2024 at 1:15 AM, FlyingHero said:

Is that actually a Twotter in the picture?

Yep, it is!  The pic before the one you showed, is quite clearly a DHC-6 Twotter.  We can only hope and wait with baited breath.

• Like 1

Im also hoping it gets a substantial overhaul and gets included by default in 2024, not just a straight port with the same problems.