MSFS Marketplace

RogePete

It's a shame. Still no EDDK and ENVA update on MSFS marketplace.

I know it's not caused by Aerosoft. But it's a shame. I think I will stop buying from there.

Yeah, one could assume a company like MS should be able to get more hands on addon checking. They sabotage their own platform.

Regarding Simple Traffic, I suspect some selective behaviour. 7 months has nothing to do with too much work load...

On 6/1/2022 at 8:09 AM, RogePete said:

Yeah, one could assume a company like MS should be able to get more hands on addon checking. They sabotage their own platform.

Regarding Simple Traffic, I suspect some selective behaviour. 7 months has nothing to do with too much work load...

Yeah, it's really strange. Some friendly feedback for MS, if Mathijs can pass along:  The long slog to get updates compared to every other store is literally the only reason I don't use the Marketplace. They're leaving money on the table.

Kind of the same with Simmarket (not as bad as Marketplace though). No update for the Canaries so far on Simmarket. They seem to think 'once you bought the product, we don't get anything from you anymore'. Pretty short-sighted.

• Aerosoft
23 hours ago, airbadger said:

Yeah, it's really strange. Some friendly feedback for MS, if Mathijs can pass along:  The long slog to get updates compared to every other store is literally the only reason I don't use the Marketplace. They're leaving money on the table.

I am 100% sure that Microsoft understands that.  But this is a game of big numbers.  And they are simply doing well at that. If you talk about the complexity a shop like this has in Microsoft, it is simply on a totally different scale. The Marketplace is with a large margin the biggest shop, they sell almost everything and they have the in-game store. That is why I simply do not care a lot about an Airbus project as Fenix does. If it is not on the Marketplace, you can compete on a lot of things, but not sales.  Great product, no doubt about that, but if you are not on the Marketplace you loose a huge part of your audience, certainly at a low price level. Of course we have spend many weeks considering moving our aircraft to external modules where we have little limitations. But commercially it simply makes no sense. 

Doing market research on customers of the marketplace because we do not have access to customer data (we just get the money, not the customer), but via the support we do have the opportunity to ask them some questions. Basically these customers do not know about this forum, about aerosoft.com. They are almost completely separated from the channels we used for three decades.  We can put banners on flightsim.com but these people simply do not visit flightsim.com. If they visit any forum (and not a lot do) it will be https://forums.flightsimulator.com/ or reddit, Facebook etc.

Even with us, having our freeware product on the marketplace for some time, we reached much more 'customers' in a short amount of time. But in the end, we decided to remove it from marketplace for various reasons.

Easy for us.  But for a company which depends on selling, it's nearly impossible to avoid MSFS marketplace. Which is kind of a bummer.

You know what, @Mathijs Kok, I'm getting the impression that you are boycotted by MSFS Marketplace. Again no updates. Other airports which were updated later than yours are already in Marketplace. There's something wrong.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
On 6/10/2022 at 3:11 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

The update for EDDK and ENVA is stuck at this moment because of the VDGS module. We hope to provide a solution soon. Just keep in mind that DLC via the Marketplace has to follow the guidelines given by Microsoft. 

Almost a year and still version 1.0.8 in the Marketplace.
Is there a way to change to the Aerosoft installer for ENVA without buying the product again.
The Jetways are not working in this more then a year old version in the Marketplace.......unbelievable 

• 1 month later...
  • Developer

Hi, the jetways should connect in v1.1.1

Please login to display this image.

Does this happen with a particular aircraft, or does the jetways fail to connect regardless? Also, are you on the SU12-beta?

• Upvote 2