Preview : Lord Howe Island (read a newspaper in FSX!)

• Aerosoft

When was the last time you could read the headlines of a newspaper in FSX? probably never, but FSX does make textures of that detail possible and Mat, our latest favorite developer, just done it it Lord Howe X.

LordHowe14.jpg

A tiny treasure rising out of the emptiness of the southern Pacific Ocean and part of the Australian state of New South Wales, Lord Howe Island is one of the world's last truly unspoiled Island destinations. Having been done to fully FSX standards it is fast as you never seen before, even though the level of details is amazing. Lord Howe Island will be available next week for FSX.

LordHowe07a.jpg

LordHowe09.jpg

LordHowe15.jpg

LordHowe16.jpg

LordHowe11.jpg

ER... just a thought... is that a real "local paper" for LHI?

Gotta think of realism here - no point in having a Toronto localone...

The Sydney Morning Herald

australian at least :wink:

OH HAPPY DAY! :D

This is awesome, Pack your snorkel gear, get in your plane and lets go! Just don't spook the LHI Woodhens on approach (Actually, they don't fly)!

Yeh, I hope SP2 isn't required.

Is the 1st World Heritage scenery?

Looks like another hit on my credit card :wink:

• Aerosoft
OH HAPPY DAY! :D

This is awesome, Pack your snorkel gear, get in your plane and lets go! Just don't spook the LHI Woodhens on approach (Actually, they don't fly)!

Yeh, I hope SP2 isn't required.

Is the 1st World Heritage scenery?

Looks like another hit on my credit card :wink:

SP2 is advised, but not required.

Am visiting the store every morning in happy anticipation ... I really can't wait for this :).

Looks like another stellar small airport scenery from you guys.

Wow. The most amazing thing is for the first time I'm noticing rock face striations that run horizontally as well as vertically. In all my years of flight simming that's always the biggest detraction with MSFS. Steep rock faces always look like they were painted with a brush from top to bottom. But these rock face textures are so complex it's almost like a photgraph. If this could be applied to the Grand Canyon... credit card at ready.

By the way, is Nick of Nicks Pics, Nick Churchill?