Conflict with Pilot Plus Wycombe Air Park

cbc

I found the culprit. It appears to be the case that Pilot Plus Wycombe Air Park seems to be clashing with Simple Traffic.  This is the only add-on that causes a very very long load time. My normal load time is 67 seconds for the sim at EGLL with my standard community folder with add ons from the point I hit the FLY button to the point when the Ready To Fly button appears. Put Wycombe in the community folder and its 10 minutes and counting so I give up and terminate the sim at that point. Its the latest version that is avilable from Pilot Plus that I have installed, I double checked that tonight.

Thanks so much for sharing this! I’ve been doing my own experiments, but it’s very slow going!

I do have this airport, will check if disabling it makes a difference - will report back.

Unfortunately, removing this airport did not work for me. The sim never stops loading. I’m not ruling out that other 3rd airports I’ve got installed (all via Orbx) are causing issues - I’ll do more testing tomorrow.

I have been trying Gatwick and Heathrow, and both never finish loading. I will try some smaller airports tomorrow.

I’m also going to dial down the density from 35 to something lower, perhaps the sim struggles with higher numbers on big airports? 

Archived