Infinite loading time after Silmple Traffic install

Misteroscar

I’m experiencing infinite loading time when starting a flight after installed Simple traffic.

If I remove Simple traffic everything works again as normal.

I’m asking for a fix or a refound.

(why did you close the other topic?)

• Aerosoft

We close the other topic because we could not find convince the topic starter that when a few thousand customers can run a  product and he can not the issue simply has to be a local one and he seemed not very willing to search for the cause of that and kept blaming Simple Traffic. That happens and it is our policy to try to assist but not to spend a serious amount of time for one customer and a few euro of profit.  The customer was unhappy and we refunded 

Can you change things around and remove everything EXCEPT Simple Traffic. If it still fails it means there is something unexpected in your system, if it works there is some DLC installed that causes an issue and probably is not created fully to SDK standards. These things are devilishly hard to debug.  As far as our experience goes, issues are often caused by 3rd party liveries that are exported from FSX or P3D. 

If the add-on does not work on a absolute clean MSFS we'll gladly refund.  We might ask for some files to make sure it is indeed a clean FS though.

I’m sorry to report I have the same issue. Install Simple Traffic, sim does not load. Remove Simple Traffic, everything works as before. I’ve yet to find a cause, although it does seem to depend on which airport. I’ve tried ENVA which was fine, but Gatwick EGKK refuses to load. I have no custom scenery installed for Gatwick, btw.

I do have plenty of stuff in my community folder, yes, which all worked just fine earlier today. 

And again, everything loads just fine once I remove Simple Traffic. 

EDIT: just saw your reply Mathijs, I’ll try that - remove everything except ST

• Deputy Sheriffs

This is what I get on my quite slow machine:

Without ST:
- from Desktop to main menu 4:23 min
- after choosing EHAM with the CRJ900 at gate E4 at daylight till sitting at the gate 1:00 min.

With ST:
- after choosing EHAM with the CRJ900 at gate E4 at daylight till sitting at the gate 1:05 min. with 19 AI air craft around me.

• Aerosoft
5 minutes ago, mopperle said:

This is what I get on my quite slow machine:

Without ST:
- after choosing EHAM with the CRJ900 at gate E4 at daylight till sitting at the gate 1:00 min.

With ST:
- after choosing EHAM with the CRJ900 at gate E4 at daylight till sitting at the gate 1:05 min. with 19 AI air craft around me.

Yes those 5 second would indeed be needed to load the aircraft.  

I am back regarding my posts in the locked thread!

Thank you for helping me locate the content.file. I deleted it and also deleted FSRealistic just in case. I also removed all my addons in my Addon Manager. I then waited over 20 mins and the flight still did not load.

I am using SSDs and still have my Orbx airports installed as I am not sure how to remove them easily.

I will keep monitoring this thread in the hope of a solution.

1 hour ago, Dopster198 said:

I’m sorry to report I have the same issue. Install Simple Traffic, sim does not load. Remove Simple Traffic, everything works as before. I’ve yet to find a cause, although it does seem to depend on which airport. I’ve tried ENVA which was fine, but Gatwick EGKK refuses to load. I have no custom scenery installed for Gatwick, btw.

I do have plenty of stuff in my community folder, yes, which all worked just fine earlier today. 

And again, everything loads just fine once I remove Simple Traffic. 

EDIT: just saw your reply Mathijs, I’ll try that - remove everything except ST

Very interesting about Gatwick as I have been trying to load that as well without success. I have uninstalled Simple Traffic to use my sim this evening but will reinstall it tomorrow and try another airport.

Follow-up to an earlier question: if I empty my Community folder, and just leave ST installed, the sims does indeed load correctly.

As soon as I re-enable a bunch of installed airports (all Orbx, via Orbx Direct client) I start having issues again. I’m still trying to pinpoint.

same issue, cant get it to load at large airport, tried KLGA, KDEN no good, did get it to load at smaller airport like KMSY.  when i take your files out of the comm folder works as normal, and what's so bad is, it was just what i was looking for as a place holder until something better comes along but cant wait an hour for the sim to load!

I am also having the same issue. Tried deleting context.xml, removing everything from community folder. Tried different airports both third party and default and also tried different aircraft to no avail. One thing i spotted and I am not sure if it will help but when loading the flight I have the dev mode frame rate app on and about the 3/4 mark of loading the gpu takes a massive hit for about 30 to 45 seconds then come back up again. I believe it must be related somehow. I have a couple of more ideas to try and I will do further testing and update

Nothing in community folder other than simple traffic. Sim won’t start, infinite load. Meaning it’s an issue with Simple Traffic addon. Can we get a fix, please. Saw admin saying that thousands of users don’t have this problem, and I understand that, but some do - so fix it, please. Don’t dismiss it.

In my case,  I was unable to start a flight until I deleted the custom Flightbeam Denver Airport KDEN that I had purchased through the MSFS Marketplace.

Works great for me now.

Steve Canham

1 minute ago, scanham said:

In my case,  I was unable to start a flight until I deleted the custom Flightbeam Denver Airport KDEN that I had purchased through the MSFS Marketplace.

Works great for me now.

Steve Canham

Rgr that, however one shouldn’t have to uninstall marketplace purchased content for this addon to work. 

Alas, I'm having the same issue in Los Angeles.  It worked fine in Wales where I have payware airports in Bristol and Liverpool,  not in LA where it hangs incessantly - ORBX KVNY and KBUR.  I did turn off all my freeware add-ons, to no avail.

Seems my ancient signature cannot be changed here, so I'll place my current info here:    MSFS Premium DeLuxe Edition; Alienware Aurora R11; Intel Core i9-10900KF 3.7; RAM 128GB; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080; Rex Weather Force 2020

1 hour ago, Hammercat said:

I am also having the same issue. Tried deleting context.xml, removing everything from community folder. Tried different airports both third party and default and also tried different aircraft to no avail. One thing i spotted and I am not sure if it will help but when loading the flight I have the dev mode frame rate app on and about the 3/4 mark of loading the gpu takes a massive hit for about 30 to 45 seconds then come back up again. I believe it must be related somehow. I have a couple of more ideas to try and I will do further testing and update

OK I tried rolling back drivers and turning off Dev mode in MSFS. Still no avail. I have attached screen shots on what I was talking about earlier. I know it is related but not sure how.

Please login to display this image.

Please login to display this image.

22 minutes ago, Simple Traffic said:

For anyone experiencing longer loading times at certain add-on airports, please try the workaround below:

No help for me. Heck I cannot even get to the ready to fly screen. Gave up after 15 minutes loading. The airports I have found so far are KATL(default) and KMIA (3rd party LVFR) Others airports seem to work fine.

Archived