H1 Racer going beta

• Aerosoft

If you like your aircraft fast and furious, not afraid to read some manuals (the H1 is complex and HIGHLY realistic in it's systems).

[EDIT]

Folks we have enough testers for now so please dont apply.

A refusal often offends!!

Many thanks to those that applied.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...its remembers me everytime on my good old hornet honda when I raced the streets on summer evenings....flying from one smelling flower field to another in seconds....but after five minutes I couldn't see anything because of the mosquitos on my helmet visor.......what a luck the Hughes Racer operates far above those insect hunting grounds..............LOL

Hi Mathijs, is it too late to get in on the beta testing? I test for Shockwave, Lionheart Creations, MAAM, and couple of other software houses. I have read much about the Hughes Racer and I can hardly wait to get my hands on the stick!

Can I get a tissue please? This is only my favourite plane of all time!

JaeKae I just want to tell you how much I love your new VOZ for FSX. It's worth every penny! I agree with you. I'll take tissue too. This and the F-16 are exciting stuff.

Ted

Looking great, Nick! Guess I missed this one. Shame as I would have liked to have had a good look at the systems and see how my quad core would run it!

Please do keep the shots coming if you can.

• 2 weeks later...
Putting her through her paces...

aero_h1_021.jpg

Wow, now that is just like a VC should look on a plane that is in use. RealAirwho?

But how on earth do you see the runway when landing given the long nose and taildragger design? And how do you taxi? I can only imagine how many virtual people you've already run over you where unable to see. :D

• Aerosoft

Wow, now that is just like a VC should look on a plane that is in use. RealAirwho?

But how on earth do you see the runway when landing given the long nose and taildragger design? And how do you taxi? I can only imagine how many virtual people you've already run over you where unable to see. :D

That is/was a major problem on the FSX and the real model. There is a lever that lets you raise the seat and that helps a bit. But it remains a real problem. This aircraft is challenging in any aspect. Just this morning I was taking her out for a spin, brought her to the runway and started to warm the engine up. Got a coffee, lost some time talking and when I can back half the engine was melted. Write off another Wasp engine.