CRJ & Bravo CTD

I finally got a Honeycomb Bravo from Aerosoft.  I set up a couple of Profiles and got the lights working.  Then I tried to set up one for the CRJ.  The the sim (MSFS2020) stopped loading and crashed after 4 minutes never finishing the loading.  I followed lots of forum suggestions, in the end I had to reset the App which meant re-installing 150Gb.  That done everything was back to normal, I still had my logbook, but I had lost all progress on the final bushtrip, the latest one.  No real problem, I created a SEP profile and started flying, happily completing 3 legs without issue.  I had also flown the FBW A320 with its own profile, all good there too.

So I decided to fly the CRJ using the Twin Jet profile I had created for the CJ4 and flown without incident.  I picked Winnipeg as the airport and the CRJ 700, clicked FLY and the sim CRASHED without any warning straight to the blank destop.

And now the sim will not load again. Exactly the same as before.  I have flown the CRJ loads of times and the only thing that has changed is the Honeycomb Bravo.  I don't know which one is the cause but together they are killing the sim and the thought of another 150Gb install is really demorallising, so if anybody has any suggestions to try, please let me have them.

Please login to view this video.

I just removed the aerosoft-crj folder from the OneStorefolder inside packages and remarkably everything is working again. It loads up and flies just as normal, but with the folder present doesn't finish loading.  Weird!!

So Dear Aerosoft I think your CRJ is the problem

Pete, please please take this advice.  You have an amazing throttle quadrant and amazing plane to fly it from and you will have more amazing planes in the future.  Check out one of these three apps:

1. Axis and Ohs.  I use this and I recommend it.

2. SpadNext heard nothing but good things about it and it seems to do at least some if not all of the same things are Axis and Ohs.  I can't give you a personal recommendation on this, again I have never used it.

3. FSUIPC paid version.

Once you settle on one of the above, DELETE EVERY SINGLE CONTROLLER PROFILE THAT YOU CURRENTLY HAVE IN MSFS.

Set up a keyboard and mouse profile only.  On the keyboard I ONLY have view commands, not a single aircraft control. My other profiles for the Alpha, Bravo, T16000, and CFG Crosswinds are blank and they will remain blank, EXCEPT for the hat switches which I only use for VIEWS.  I do NOT "controlling" from anywhere inside of MSFS

Now use the program of your choice from the above list and search for FlightSimFlyBoy's stuff for the CRJ and bLynde's stuff for the FBW airbus if you fly that.  Set everything up, read the docs, learn to do your own thing (it's easy) and never worry about things like you are experiencing again.

Now that being said, did you install the Honeycomb WASM Bridge?  It is a requirement for using the HC Alpha and Bravo in the sim.

• Aerosoft

Dear Pete,

The Honeycomb Configurator is required for the lights to work.
In this matter Crabby is right, you need it to use it with MSFS.

However, if you don't install the Configurator, the throttle will be perfectly configurable in terms of axes and buttons.

I would therefore test it without the configurator (the simplest software layer configuration) and apply this basic tutorial.
If it works, then you can start experiment further.

Best regards.

Crabby, thanks for the suggestion I will definitely look into that but I may not have explained the issue properly.

If the CRJ is installed the sim (Microsoft FS 2020) will not run, it doesn't complete the loading screens and gets to about 65% and bombs.  So the benefits of any of your suggested controllers are not available to me, in fact I can't get to the options screen to even delete my existing profiles.  The AFC_Bridge software from Honeycomb is installed and working.

Simware - thank you for your post, I did have the lights working without using the configurator, I thought that was for XPlane and not needed in MSFS2020.

I can fly all MSFS2020 deluxe aircraft, 2 addons from Carenado the WACO and PA44, the workingtitles CJ4 and the FBW A320NX with the Honeycomb Bravo, all with the lights working in various configs using different profiles - BUT if the Aerosoft CRJ folder exists then I can't because sim crashes before it ever finishes loading.

At the moment I don't have the CRJ installed and I can fly as normal.  I have submitted bug reports to MSFS, Aerosoft and Honeycomb but until I get a fix the CRJ will remain grounded.  That won't stop me looking at Axis & Oh's but adding another variable into the mix won't make diagnosing the problem any easier.

Thanks for the suggestions and help, much appreciated.

All the best

Try installing the CRJ with your Antivirus turned off .. Then try running the sim with Antivirus turned off ... does it crash?  

MSFS forums have posts regarding CTDs ...  Some also point to a file named Content.xml that they say to remove/rename so that the sim rebuilds that as well.

All of the other planes you list are built using the "Javascript/HTML" method and run internally....  The CRJ is built different...

2 minutes ago, Pete Dawkins said:

LesOReilly that is really useful info, and it explains why its just the CRJ.  I will try it with the anti-virus turned off.

Thanks

Let us know how you get on! I have the same problem here. 

Ok so I have just done a fresh install of the CRJ from the marketplace.

I disabled the AntiVirus and the sim managed to load all the way through.  I flew the C152 and all worked fine.

I selected the CRJ and the airport (New territory) clicked the FLY button, it started to load then crashed to the desktop.

I found the Content.xml file and renamed it and still with the AV off I tried to start again.  Back to crashing before the load completes.

I turned the AV back on, removed the CRJ folder and everything is back working again.

I will try removing the AFC_Bridge.  This must be the other half of the conflict with the CRJ because I have flown (many times) the CRJ before my Bravo arrived.  It will at least narrow it down, but without a solution for the CRJ it will be the Bravo that I keep.

Here goes....

Should there be an aircraft.cfg file in one of the CRJ folders?

..Local\FlightSim\Official\Steam\aerosoft-crj\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft_CRJ_700

SO I have cleared out the Honeycomb software including the AFC_Bridge.

I've renamed the Content.XML file.

I've disabled the anti-virus.

I have reinstalled (from the marketplace) the Aerosoft CRJ - it showed as version 1.05.

The sim will not load.

Now I am wondering if it is the update of the CRJ that is the difference and not the introduction of the Honeycomb Bravo and the AFC_Bridge, but I can't get back to a previous version to test this.

I am going to remove the Aerosoft-CRJ folder, reinstate the Honeycomb software, turn on the antivirus and expect the sim to load and fly normally.

I have the current 1.0.5 and current MSFS (obviously they don't let you skip)...  Both are bought from the MS (MS Store for the Game and Marketplace for the CRJ)...

I do not have any crashing ... But I don't have a Bravo either (still on backorder from December :( ) ...

I don't have any crashing issues...... But yes others are experiencing this stuff for sure...

3 minutes ago, LesOReilly said:

I have the current 1.0.5 and current MSFS (obviously they don't let you skip)...  Both are bought from the MS (MS Store for the Game and Marketplace for the CRJ)...

I do not have any crashing ... But I don't have a Bravo either (still on backorder from December :( ) ...

I don't have any crashing issues...... But yes others are experiencing this stuff for sure...

Thanks Les, its difficult to know exactly what is causing the problem now and every time you try something, uninstall & reinstall the sim is changed slightly.  It definitely happened after the arrival of the Bravo, I put my first order in last August, and re-ordered with Aerosoft which is the one that turned up.  I had flown the CRJ a number of times before the Bravo

9 minutes ago, Pete Dawkins said:

Thanks Les, its difficult to know exactly what is causing the problem now and every time you try something, uninstall & reinstall the sim is changed slightly.  It definitely happened after the arrival of the Bravo, I put my first order in last August, and re-ordered with Aerosoft which is the one that turned up.  I had flown the CRJ a number of times before the Bravo

Other question -- do you use FSUIPC?  There was another thread regarding it here and a user with ADD ON LINKER that links his stuff...

Something about he removed the WASM module but did  not actually uninstall FSUIPC which will  Auto Start with the SIM as it adds it's self into the EXE.XML and since it did not find the module it had some issues...

7 hours ago, LesOReilly said:

Other question -- do you use FSUIPC?  There was another thread regarding it here and a user with ADD ON LINKER that links his stuff...

Something about he removed the WASM module but did  not actually uninstall FSUIPC which will  Auto Start with the SIM as it adds it's self into the EXE.XML and since it did not find the module it had some issues...

I am not using FSUIPC, or any other controller addon.  I'm working straight off of the MSFS2020 controller profiles.

• Aerosoft

Dear Pete,

Can we try to see if the Bravo is the only culprit.
- Remove the AFC Bridge, and any other Bravo related software

- Physically unplug the Bravo from the PC.

- Reinstall the CRJ

- Try to run the sim.

- If it runs, plug the Bravo into the PC WHILE THE SIM IS RUNNING

Please le me know.

Thank you.

1 hour ago, SimWare said:

Dear Pete,

Can we try to see if the Bravo is the only culprit.
- Remove the AFC Bridge, and any other Bravo related software

- Physically unplug the Bravo from the PC.

- Reinstall the CRJ

- Try to run the sim.

- If it runs, plug the Bravo into the PC WHILE THE SIM IS RUNNING

Please le me know.

Thank you.

So I removed the Aerosoft/Honeycomb software from the Windows Control Panel, then checked that the AFC_Bridge was removed from the community folder.  Then checked for any Honeycomb related files even Xplane related and deleted them too.

Then I made sure there were no updates.

Then I restarted the PC and disconnected the Honeycomb Bravo USB.

Then I loaded up MSFS2020 and checked that there was no Bravo controller listed.

Then I went to the Marketplace and downloaded the CRJ.

It showed in Content manager as installed and upto date.

Then I selected the CRJ from the hangar, change aircraft, Go Back Crash!!

The sim would not even create a flightplan with the CRJ as the selected aircraft.

Could this mean that The Honeycomb Bravo is a red herring and not to blame and it is the latest version of the CRJ?

There was a thread running in the General Discussion forum with people experience the same CTD as you are getting.  Sadly the thread has been closed with no resolution :( 

33 minutes ago, Robgt81 said:

There was a thread running in the General Discussion forum with people experience the same CTD as you are getting.  Sadly the thread has been closed with no resolution :(

That's a real shame because as LesOreilly said in a previous post here, "All of the other planes you list are built using the "Javascript/HTML" method and run internally....  The CRJ is built different... " ; so I think if that is the case we could run into this problem again.

22 hours ago, LesOReilly said:

All of the other planes you list are built using the "Javascript/HTML" method and run internally....  The CRJ is built different...

One difference I found is that the CRJ adds an .AIR file, CRJ550_AMM.air or CRJ700_AMM.air, if these files are renamed so that FS can't see them they don't appear as selectable aircraft and the sim is happy to fly on.

When I put the name back and restarted, so renaming OLDCRJ550_AMM.air to just CRJ550_AMM.air the CRJ550 appeared but the CRJ700 didn't.

I have reset all the settings on my graphics card as "Reliab" was showing an AMD file as crashing at the same time as the sim (could be unrelated) but just to eliminate it.

I made sure all antivirus settings were off and in particular "Controlled Folder Access" which was alarming.

I also ensured that the flightsimulator.exe entries in the firewall allow table were all on bothways.

DID ANY OF THAT MAKE A DIFFERENCE?

Well yes a little bit.  I reinstalled the CRJ and this time I selected the CRJ700 picked my airport and clicked "FLY" it began to load, I was surprised as I watched the progress bar get almost halfway........

Before it crashed to the desktop!!!!!

Back to the drawing board!!

I've attached the Reliab output as some people are able to make some sense of them.

Please login to display this image.

GREAT NEWS!!!

I have just had this message from Hans Hartmann.

Asobo has isolated the issue and is now working to fix it (it's not in the CRJ itself but in the code that loads the aircraft.)

Lets hope the fix comes soon, thanks to everyone that has posted information and helped push this problem along.

yea I was just getting ready to let you know about that.  I know it is too late now, but since AS can't say it I will.  I would NEVER buy a complex addon like an airplane from the Market.  This is a prime example why.  Your install is encrypted and trying to get everything to decrypt was what was causing the crash.  No one had this that bought outside the market.  I do buy scenery there, but only that and only if I can't get it direct from the maker/publisher.  This also allows me to control where things are installed and set up a folder system so I know what I have and what I need. 

My suggestion for future purchases.

Archived