CRJ buggy start

august78

ok, so Mathis closed my old thread. There were 2 pages of stuff in there related to my issue. All of a sudden the airplane just worked. Next day, it stopped working again. Same problem. 

The airplane spawns in, dead on arrival. Look in the other thread for details and the hours of problemsolving I've done. 

17 minutes ago, august78 said:

Is support on vacation around here? 

No, it's called the weekend and even though Aerosoft do sometimes post stuff at the weekend you can't automatically expect it, and secondly you posted 11 hours ago, Aerosoft is a German company which means in the 11 hours since your first post, it has been night time in Europe and people will have been in bed

35 minutes ago, EasternT3 said:

No, it's called the weekend and even though Aerosoft do sometimes post stuff at the weekend you can't automatically expect it, and secondly you posted 11 hours ago, Aerosoft is a German company which means in the 11 hours since your first post, it has been night time in Europe and people will have been in bed

No, you obviously do not take care when reading my post. I added the link that was made WEDNESDAY this week with all the problems, which is basically me doing a monologue over 2 pages and many, many hours trying to troubleshoot the issue, and I didn't get a single response from AS. Mathis closed my thread when I finally had it work for a single run, and then went to bed. Next day the issue had returned. So this issue has been going on for me for 4 days now. 

So, having yet again (for probably the 20th+ time) deleted my m.files and removed all other addons in the community folder, I am greeted with this picture

Please login to display this image.

I am spawning at the holding point at the runway. I do nothing. I wait and see. Then the airplane all of a sudden starts moving (ie does the taxiing animation to line up, it is done automatically by the game, I have not pressed "ready to fly"). The speed is high, and the airplane is taxiing left and right trying to line up with the runway. It fails to do so, and I press ready to fly. Now only two displays are showing signs of life, but everything else is dark. I can hear the AC and the engines, but nothing works. 

I am awaiting support. 

Completely uninstalled, removed m.files, nothing in the community folder. Tried with version .3 and with .5 and same results. 

All of this is with the aerosoft shop version. 

So after a clean install, I get the problems documented above. After restarting the sim and loading the aircraft in again (without doing anything else), I get this:

The displays seem to work, but I cannot move. No buttons can be clicked on. I hear the AC and the engines. It's like the sim is frozen. This is with version .5. I cannot exit the sim with escate, or alt f4. I have to open the task bar and end the process. 

Ok, so for every load in of the airplane, something changes. This time, I am loaded into the airplane from the world menu, and I get no "ready to fly" button. I am in the cockpit, and every 18 seconds (timed it this time, before, in the old support thread regarding this topic, I said it was about 12 seconds. It is actually 18), the frames move. Then the sim is frozen again for 18 seconds. In that brief window, I can move my view. 

7 hours ago, august78 said:

No, you obviously do not take care when reading my post. I added the link that was made WEDNESDAY this week with all the problems, which is basically me doing a monologue over 2 pages and many, many hours trying to troubleshoot the issue, and I didn't get a single response from AS. Mathis closed my thread when I finally had it work for a single run, and then went to bed. Next day the issue had returned. So this issue has been going on for me for 4 days now. 

I’m sorry I didn’t take your Wednesday’s thread into account when writing my response, I thought your vacation quip was about your post 11 hours earlier which my point is still valid about the weekend and overnight, however the same sort of thing applies to your Wednesday thread. I say that because you started the thread at 06:06 PM on Wednesday evening and by 0930 AM Thursday morning you announced the issue had sorted itself, potentially (and this is my guess) I think the Aerosoft team would have logged on Thursday morning and saw a new issue but then saw it was fixed so therefore felt it wasn’t needing an official response and closing the thread was inevitable as that’s how AS track issues.

4 hours ago, august78 said:

I see the deputy sheriffs are online, but still several days and none are trying to help?

I’ve noticed from other support queries that most of the support comes from the people that worked on the CRJ so certain deputy sheriffs may not have the right knowledge to assist.

Sorry again for not taking the full situation into account, hopefully you get it sorted ASAP, with it being Saturday if you don’t hear anything today or tomorrow, hopefully @Mathijs Kok or @Hans Hartmann will see this on Monday 

Thanks for saying that, Eastern. There are so many ways that one could handle one's customers, and just locking the thread without a single response after MANY hours of documented struggles from the customer (like saying "sorry you had these issues, but very happy you got it fixed. Let us know if you have another problem"). Instead, a single indication that M.KoK had locked the thread, and absolutely no recognition of my issues. 

11 minutes ago, Chaxterium said:

@august78 What happens when you load the plane at the gate (instead of holding short of the runway)? Do you have better results or is it the same?

Thanks, I'll try that. 

5 hours ago, Chaxterium said:

@august78 What happens when you load the plane at the gate (instead of holding short of the runway)? Do you have better results or is it the same?

Ok another fresh install. Only thing in my community folder is the aerosoft trondheim airport installed via ms store. The airplane spawns in at a gate with engines running, cockpit is cold and dark. Nothing I do works in the cockpit. I can flick switches, click buttons, but it does nothing. 

Just now, Chaxterium said:

Does anything happen when you press the quick-set buttons in the EFB? 

Nothing in the cockpit works, including the efb. 

1 minute ago, august78 said:

Nothing in the cockpit works, including the efb. 

Hmmm. Unfortunately I'm out of ideas then. My apologies.

Do you have any peripherals plugged into the computer? What about controller profiles? 

Ok I found the culprit. I had cleared out my community folder,  but forgot that fsuipc isn't installed in the community folder like the good old days in p3d and fsx. It is now a separate exe file that runs along side the sim. Whenever I dont have it running when launching the crj, the crj spawns in fully working. Whenever I spawn in with fsuipc running, the crj is dead on arrival. Happens 100% of the time. This is with the latest FSUIPC release of 7th of May 7.1.0. Before this update to fsuipc it was working fine with the CRJ. 

Cross-referencing the posts so both developers can have a look at this. 

https://forum.simflight.com/topic/92612-fsuipc7-messes-up-the-crj-from-aerosoft/

2 hours ago, august78 said:

It would be nice for aerosoft to acknowledge my problems and findings before just simply locking the thread. 

I don’t work directly for Aerosoft, but I am on the test team for the CRJ. I have never seen your problem on my own system, but I understand your frustration.

There does appear to be some definite issues with the new update for customers using the Marketplace version, which may be related to the fact that the files are encrypted. Aerosoft is working directly with Asobo to try to resolve that problem. However,  I know that you are running the Aerosoft version.

You mentioned in your second-to-last post that FSUIPC appears to be the source of the problem. I do have FSUIPC, but rarely use it, which may be why I have not seen the problem you are experiencing. I will try enabling it later today to see if I can duplicate what you are seeing.

I do know that by default, FSUIPC is configured to start automatically when  MSFS itself loads. There is an option in the FSUIPC menu to turn that feature off. I am curious if you still have problems if you start MSFS without FSUIPC, load the CRJ, and then fire up FSUIPC? 

I will try it both ways on my own test system, and see what happens. Unfortunately, unwanted interactions between two different software packages can be difficult for the developers of either to troubleshoot - as they typically do not have access to each other’s source code. 

I do know the one major change in versions 1.04 and 1.05 of the CRJ is the use of simconnect for controlling the throttle, spoiler and flap axes, because this works much more reliably for these controls than the technique that was used in the original release version of the CRJ and in the first update. FSUIPC is highly “simconnect-centric” so that may be the source of the problem.

I will let you know later today if I can duplicate your issue.

Cool, JRBarrett :) Yeah, I tried firing up fsuipc midflight. The sim continued for about half a minute, then froze. Had to end the process in task manager to get out. 
I loved your response, and if I could give you 10 upvotes, I would :D

7 hours ago, august78 said:

Cool, JRBarrett :) Yeah, I tried firing up fsuipc midflight. The sim continued for about half a minute, then froze. Had to end the process in task manager to get out. 
I loved your response, and if I could give you 10 upvotes, I would :D

Unfortunately, I cannot get it to crash here with FSUIPC active. I too am using version 7.1.0. I normally spawn on the ramp in cold and dark default state, then connect external power. I tried with FSUIPC starting up with MSFS, and with FSUIPC manually started after the CRJ was fully loaded, but no issue either way. By default, WideFS, the WASM module and the web connect server are disabled within FSUIPC, but I turned each service “on” with no change or crash.

Since MSFS itself can no longer be started “as administrator”, I do not launch FSUIPC as administrator either - not sure if that makes any difference. My MSFS is installed on a dedicated SSD drive D:\, and the path to the main folder is simply D:\Content, with the OneStore and Community folders contained therein.

Sorry I could not give you an answer. I do know that FSUIPC generates a log file when it runs, and that log might contain information that could be of use to Mr. Dowson if it has recorded any possible conflict with the CRJ. My FSUIPC is in its own folder in C:\FSUIPC7. I forget if that is the standard install location, or one I chose myself when I first installed it several months ago. I did update it to 7.1.0 immediately before running my test.

I see there is a beta version 7.2.0 available on the FSUIPC support forum in the “Announcements” section - I don’t know if that would make any difference.

Thanks for taking the time to test it, @JRBarrett! I am in contact with John Dowson at fsuipc, and we are doing some troubleshooting. He said he would contact Aerosoft for a trial lisence so he can troubleshoot it better since he does not own the CRJ. 

I have found the solution, and culprit of the issue. 

I use Addonlinker for my addons, and for some reason "fsuipc-lvar-bridge" was disabled. That makes the CRJ unusuable if you load it in with the FSUIPC exe file running in the background. 

The advice to "remove everything from the community folder" sent my problemsolving in the wrong direction unfortunately. Of course no ill will was behind the advice. 

The solution is to have the fsuipc lvar bridge module active in the community folder. @JRBarrett perhaps you could, just for the sake of science, doublecheck my findings by disabling the module in your community folder? An interesting aside is that no other plane was affected by having the module disabled in the addonlinker, but a micropause could be observed every 18 seconds with fsuipc running in the background. I guess there is some command that calls for the module at that interval. 

Archived