Where to buy CRJ?

alaaar

Dear all

I'm sure it has been asked for 1000s times before but I have a question:

Do I buy CRJ from Aerosoft store as always? Or MS Market place (with the credit system that I'm clueless about)? And if this decision will impact the future updates? Or any other installation issues? or authentication? 

Best regards

Alaa 

• Deputy Sheriffs

You can buy wherever you want. No difference in the software or regarding updates. Of course if you buy it at the marketplace, the installation is done from there and if a problem occurs during the installation, you have to ask Microsoft. If you buy it from Aerosoft and you have a problem with the installation, you can get support through the forum or from Aerosoft directly.

So it is your choice. ;)

Ah, but a HUGE difference in ease of use. Market place items are, to the best of my knowledge, encrypted on your hard drive.  It makes it hard to use things like addons linker to manager your installations.  For example, addons link allows you to install to a separate area of your hard drive or a separate hard drive entirely and then link those installs to your community folder.  So when a sim update hits, you can, as recommended, empty your community folder with one click of a button.  Then you can add things back one at a time or one type at a time to make sure everything is working fine.  I no longer buy anything from the marketplace that I can buy direct from the developer or a publisher like AS.  I know that the great folks from AS can't say these things, so I will.  Yes, for example the CRJ is the same product and it will work the same way, but can you install the Marketplace CRJ in D:/My MSFS Stuff/Airplanes/Aerosoft/CRJ?  Can you install an airport into D:/My MSFS Stuff/Airports/Italy/Rome?  What if you are going to go on a flight to Iceland and want to know if you have BIKF installed or need to look for a freeware or payware upgrade?  Do you want to spend time going over hundreds of community folder entries or official folder entries?  Or do you want to just go to your Airports/Iceland folder and look to see what you got?  I have 50 airports just for Italy.  Imagine the headache of trying to find one within the 3242 linked folders I have in my community folder.  It makes trouble shooting real easy also.  If I am having a problem with the CRJ I can remove EVERYTHING else in a mouse click and see what happens.  The drag and drop installations that started with XPlane and continue with MSFS are great, but that means that organization is up to us.  It is hard to organize that which is hidden and encrypted on your hard drive.

Thank you all for you answers and for you Mark, and the multiple posts one was a mistake my hand hit enter on my new keyboard :), the other one was not answered for so many hours I thought I posted in the wrong forum.

Best regards 

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

• Herman locked this topic

Archived