Jump to content

Some bugs, the most annoying


Recommended Posts

Very awkward behaviour at low speeds near Vref for the configuration as if the AOA were much much higher and the plane was deep in the reverse command area of the drag curve

 

Some times, the stab position recommended in the performance tab of the EFB won't be enough. As you rotate at Vr, the plane won't lift off. It must be some kind of momentary glitch with CG computation or something

 

The ICE detection system is really really annoying. I've noticed if you happen to activate the A/I in advance, it'll work fine. But if you receive the ICE amber detection advisory and then activate the A/I, good luck with getting rid of the CAS message even in 0% humidity conditions

 

This is not a bug but I can't understand how being an airplane developed with the help of CRJ pilots they didn't come to agree on the utlility of activating the functionality of the  > TO WPT ;  > CNTR MAP  WPT  LSK's  submenu or whatever it is in the 3rd page of one of the MCDU menu buttons.

Link to post
Share on other sites

How do you know these are bugs and not just what you are experiencing for some reason?  Those are not the same thing.

 

I have zero problems with the low speed behavior/AOA, of course I pay attention and don't let the aircraft get behind the curve at any time.  Except in very very bad weather close to or at minimums, I hand fly all my approaches.

The ICE detection is a thing, but I just ignore it and hit the warning button to cancel

The last one seems to be a complaint not a bug report. 

 

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, disininer said:

As you rotate at Vr, the plane won't lift off. It must be some kind of momentary glitch with CG computation or something

Change flight model from legacy to modern and save changes.

image.thumb.png.6d9099a5556cbcddaaf3d91051143c20.png

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • CRJ Forum Moderator
On 4/26/2021 at 3:31 AM, disininer said:

 

The ICE detection system is really really annoying. I've noticed if you happen to activate the A/I in advance, it'll work fine. But if you receive the ICE amber detection advisory and then activate the A/I, good luck with getting rid of the CAS message even in 0% humidity conditions

The “ICE” message is a response to MSFS setting a variable that essentially equates to: “icing conditions exist”, and it has been our experience that the base sim will sometimes report icing even when not in clouds or visible moisture.

 

If you turn on both cowl and wing AI, the amber ICE message should turn green, but will continue to be displayed as long as MSFS is reporting that icing conditions exist. The ice detector on the real airplane does not monitor whether ice does or (does not) exist on the wing leading edges - it is independent, and located near the nose of the aircraft. An amber ICE warning means “icing exists - you need to turn on wing and cowl A/I. A green ICE message means “icing exists, but it is being dealt with by the A/I system”.

  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, TenPatrol said:

Change flight model from legacy to modern and save changes.

image.thumb.png.6d9099a5556cbcddaaf3d91051143c20.png

 It is. I'll have a look, it happens every now and then though,...sometimes I've seen how the green pointer over the mass and balance sheet goes nuts as well, way way beyond the envelope. But thanks!!!!! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, disininer said:

Listen, my point is I know perfectly what being in the reverse command region feels like, don't get me wrong but this thing asks for huge amount of power when you're probably not even gotten yourself into that area. Vref is minimum drag speed for the configuration. It doesn't take rocket science to know that a plane flying near Vref ( Vapp, for example) doesn't behave as if you need to go to climb detent to stop your speed purge. A sim enthusiast with cero real flying hours but lots of flight sims in their log will coincide. Sorry if I upset you.

Just shot the ILS to 28 C in KORD CRJ-700.  I slowed early to Vref fully configured for landing.  Held Vref with 55%N1.  Thought well maybe that IS wrong.  So I looked up this video which happened to be a landing at KORD also.  Seems to be just about what I experience and what I experience every time I am in landing mode or even doing pattern work.  So you got me, maybe AS gave me a bug free version.  Attached screen shot of my approach.

 

Microsoft Flight Simulator 4_27_2021 12_18_26 PM.png

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Man, you're descending at 136 Vref with 1000ft/min!!!!.  Try a sustained leved off fully configured and you'll wish  Aerosoft had equipped the CRJ with a couple of ramjets engines instead 

 

BTW, ILS coupled, and looking at the airspeed data, the AFGCS should avoid the plane from deviating from the ILS GS unless you have gusty/windshear conditions that exceed AP servos capabilities. You flying at 128 kts ground speed (headwind) that's roughly 2NM/min what gives us a ROD of 600 ft/min at a standard 3 degree glide path. At 1000 ft/min you keeping Vref and coming slightly bellow.....another awkward  thing,....those conditions aren't normal with a headwind component. I'd consider that normal if you had a moderate or strong tailwind (which wouldn't make sense unless there was a winshear at lower altitudes that'd make that runway selection optimum). Another bug, by the way Aerosoft guys,.... I've noticed the AP won't keep GS and will sometimes go below the path.

 

Again, something fishy in the region of Vref.  I'm done here. Happy flights

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Deputy Sheriffs

Which way you load the fuel and payload in the aircraft? Do you use the passenger/cargo options in the EFB or ZFW. There is currently an issue with the ZFW where it can put more weight on the aircraft than requested. We are looking into this.

Another thing that came to mind: Please check that you don't have anything assigned to your spoiler axis in the sim settings. Sometimes with this axis assigned inside the sim it might give full aerodynamic drag from the spoilers while in the sim itself there are no indications of spoilers being deployed (lever is stowed and spoilers are not deployed on wings). This could be the cause of extra drag.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

That's much appreciated

 

I enter each of the payload items and fuel and send it to the SIM first and then FMS. Strangely, the green pointer will follow very nicely my inputs up to the time when I send it to the SIM, where a sudden back CG movement occurs, followed by an aprox. same value forth movement if I resend it. Sometimes, the CG indicator just wanders outside the envelope. I'll check on the spoilers as that could well enough explain what I experience.

 

Thanks!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Secondator said:

Which way you load the fuel and payload in the aircraft? Do you use the passenger/cargo options in the EFB or ZFW. There is currently an issue with the ZFW where it can put more weight on the aircraft than requested. We are looking into this.

Another thing that came to mind: Please check that you don't have anything assigned to your spoiler axis in the sim settings. Sometimes with this axis assigned inside the sim it might give full aerodynamic drag from the spoilers while in the sim itself there are no indications of spoilers being deployed (lever is stowed and spoilers are not deployed on wings). This could be the cause of extra drag.

I load from the ZFW and Fuel page.  Other things I have done:

1. My HC Bravo and Alpha profiles in the sime are blank except for the alpha's hatswitch set to camera views.  On the Bravo I have been experimenting with the trim wheel set for a tiller but will probably discontinue that.  Other than that the profiles are blank.

2. I created a blank keyboard profile and only have view settings there.  No interaction with the AC is mapped to the keyboard

3. I use Axis and Ohs to map all aircraft controls that will not be done by using the mouse, including elevator, aileron, rudder, throttle, and spoiler axis.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/27/2021 at 11:20 AM, disininer said:

Listen, my point is I know perfectly what being in the reverse command region feels like, don't get me wrong but this thing asks for huge amount of power when you're probably not even gotten yourself into that area. Vref is minimum drag speed for the configuration. It doesn't take rocket science to know that a plane flying near Vref ( Vapp, for example) doesn't behave as if you need to go to climb detent to stop your speed purge. A sim enthusiast with cero real flying hours but lots of flight sims in their log will coincide. Sorry if I upset you.

Hi, actual CRJ pilot here. I fly approaches in the 900 at 80.5% N2 initially, not uncommon for it to be slightly higher then that in the summer (I don’t know why I use N2 for approach I just do). The 700 was normally slightly less then that ending up around 79.5% N2.

 

From my flights flying the Aerosoft version of the 700 it is extremely close to that number.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Matthew2312 said:

Hi, actual CRJ pilot here. I fly approaches in the 900 at 80.5% N2 initially, not uncommon for it to be slightly higher then that in the summer (I don’t know why I use N2 for approach I just do). The 700 was normally slightly less then that ending up around 79.5% N2.

 

From my flights flying the Aerosoft version of the 700 it is extremely close to that number.

Hi Matthew, my pleasure.

 

Thanks for your input, and let me tell you that I find the N2 as reference throttle setting quite amazing. I'm having trouble to fly this thing when for whatever reason I've bled my speed and I can't descend, altitude constraint or waiting for the GS. It asks for lots of power, the throttle quadrant doesn't seem to be very well trimmed, I have a huge dead zone but I know about this and yet sometimes I'll have to disregard the "approach  dignity" hahahahaha and continue trading some altitude loss and recovering speed.

 

Cheers 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Deputy Sheriffs

Gent's, no more calling each other out with "My balls are bigger than yours." if you don't have something new to add to helping with the OP's issue, let it go. Several posts hidden to keep this civil. You know who you are.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...