Bravo Throttle Auto pilot function

I am using the Alpha and Bravo flight controls. They are fantastic. However, the new CRJ7 uses none of the auto-pilot settings  on the bravo. The alpha also does not activate anything in the cockpit. What a huge disappointment. Mouse clicking through cockpit is not the way to fly. Are you going to address this? All other aircraft in MSFS 2020 work great.

• Aerosoft

Hi Joe,

Yes, we are aware of this.

However all the variables are accessible via the L-Vars (see the lsi attached)

The L-Vars are accessible and programmable via external utilities such as Spad.Next for instance.
 https://www.spadnext.com/home.html

If you look to other posts in the forum, you will find other discussions and solutions to this.

Best regards.

complex aircraft have to use LVARs ... That is why the Simulator has them .... for Add ons to be able to create and manage their own data areas.  This is the same reason why the "defaults" don't work with the Working Title CJ4 or the FBW A320....  They also require special control ... in their case they did not even do LVARs which is declarable and they did H:Events which you have to go through their data to find out what the commands are....  Digressing...

You can't use the Default Auto Pilot commands because these are not defaults....  This is backwards.  If you want some kind of "first party" support you would need to get Honeycomb to implement LVAR support and deliver software that allows you to pick the LVAR events....  Or you buy software from the likes of Spad.next as they found a market problem many many years ago that needed a solution... this is one of the many Features that they are supplying...

Jean-Luc from RealityXP has some great explanations/posts on the MSFS forumns as to why there are gaps in the SDK for certain elements... Ability to override the Simulation Autopilot is one of them...

• Aerosoft

As LesOReilly says, it all about ability to override the simulator data/variable handling.

And it really depends on the variables and the simulator.

Sometimes, you can access a variable, treat it, modify it, then the simulator overrides it
before it is made available to the simmer.

Sometimes, it is the other way round, the Simulator first treat it, then leave it completely to the addon.

For some addons, the simulator way is perfectly ok, for some other not.
It all depends on the systems the addon is implementing.

Sometimes, if the addon wants to achive certain goals, the way simulator works simply doesn't work.
Workarounds need to be found, involving for instance access to data via the L-Vars only.

Bear in mind that the developpers always want the addon to be easly usable.
- They don't limit data access on purpose.

- They don't ignore the standard system.
-----> They sometimes simply don't have the choice.

In the complex aicraft modelling world, they simply don't want to give up realism for ease of Plug&Play - Default assignment reasons.

It is always a trade off. 

On 3/31/2021 at 11:59 AM, SimWare said:

Hi Joe,

Yes, we are aware of this.

However all the variables are accessible via the L-Vars (see the lsi attached)

The L-Vars are accessible and programmable via external utilities such as Spad.Next for instance.
 https://www.spadnext.com/home.html

If you look to other posts in the forum, you will find other discussions and solutions to this.

Best regards.

When i go to Spad.Next and review the supported hardware, I do not see support for MSFS20 and Honeycomb products.   Am I reading this correctly?

I think you chose the wrong web page. The latest version is here: FSX/P3D/MSFS Edition - SPAD.neXt.

It certainly supports MSFS (for support of the mentioned LVARS, you need to switch to the beta though).

As for the Honeycomb, I do not know, but several other people in this forum seem to have had success with spad.next and their Honeycomb devices.

I use this https://axisandohs.weebly.com/

i also use the templates and scripts created by FlightSimFlyBoy, with some additions of my own from here.  This works flawlessly and I have very little mouse interaction with the sim and only use the keyboard to hit the outside view.

On 4/3/2021 at 8:41 AM, Redridge07 said:

When i go to Spad.Next and review the supported hardware, I do not see support for MSFS20 and Honeycomb products.   Am I reading this correctly?

Yes it works with the Honeycomb stuff and more...  The Dev does not update the website with how fast he updates the software.....  I have an Alpha and plenty of posts with people with the Bravo...

They have a Discord channel and if you like you can see that I have posted videos with regards to the Alpha and other controls / panles

Archived