AFC_Bridge not loading on MSFS load

Good morning,

My AFC_Bridge.exe does not load itself when the client loads, I have attached my exe.xml.

I have followed all of the steps suggested in this other thread, 

Like others in that thread, if I manually load the plugin once the simulator is running it works after I reload the flight, but it doesn't auto-load on startup. I have the Windows Store version via the XBOX Game Pass. I have followed the steps of reinstalling, deleting the exe.xml and reinstalling, installing as an admin and without, still nothing.

exe.xml

• Aerosoft

Hi,

so far the file looks ok to me. Two questions though: you also have installed MSFS for the user "jaiim", right? In which path is the exe.xml located itself on your system?

2 hours ago, BenBaron said:

Hi,

so far the file looks ok to me. Two questions though: you also have installed MSFS for the user "jaiim", right? In which path is the exe.xml located itself on your system?

The file is found here; C:\Users\jaiim\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache

It seems the issue is not just isolated to me, i've posted looking for solutions on the Honeycomb Users Group facebook page, and a few others have had the same issue.

• Aerosoft

Thanks,

all that looks good to me so far. I will bring this topic up internally and see if there is something else we can do or try.

13 minutes ago, BenBaron said:

Thanks,

all that looks good to me so far. I will bring this topic up internally and see if there is something else we can do or try.

Okay feel free to let me know of any steps you want me to try (preferably other than a complete reinstall of MSFS as my internet speed is nothing to brag about installing it the first time took 3 days). :(

• 1 month later...

Hi guys, I'm having the exact same problem. I have deleted the whole flight sim ( 3 times now ...lol) and tried reinstalling everything fresh. but one thing I have noticed is that my folders in the path seem to be appearing as if they are a  shortcut of some description. The sim is the premium deluxe version loaded from the MS store.

C:\Users\Ian\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache

I have the Sim loaded onto a dedicated separate internal SSD drive.

The bridge will only appear in the task manager if I click on the shortcut I created on my desktop, and if I forget to do it before the sim starts I have to restart my flight for the lights to work.

I have also included my exe file as well. 

exe.xml

• 1 month later...

Hi, I am having the same issue. I checked the path in the exe.xml and that’s all correct. 

Is there any news on that front? Any ideas?

It seems everyone is having the problem, including me.  Hope they find an answer soon.

EDIT:

I Fixed this issue on my computer (MS Store install) and here is how I did it.

1. Make sure your Bravo throttle is plugged in then go to Windows Control Panel and uninstall "Aerosoft's - Honeycomb - MSFS"

2. go to "AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache

3. Delete  file "exe.xml"

4. Run the install as administrator program "AS_HONEYCOMB_MSFS_V2100.exe" or whatever the latest version is.

That's it, if you follow these instructions precisely the light on your Bravo throttle should now work.

• 1 year later...

Please note.. Bravo AFC Bridge not working also On going issue for me... It did for a short time but now does not

Why cant MSFS 2020 and Honeycombe work together to solve this... many have had the same issue since the Sim and the Extremly good Honeycombe system came about.

Regards

• Aerosoft
35 minutes ago, Flyer59 said:

Please note.. Bravo AFC Bridge not working also On going issue for me... It did for a short time but now does not

Why cant MSFS 2020 and Honeycombe work together to solve this... many have had the same issue since the Sim and the Extremly good Honeycombe system came about.

Regards

You opened another post with the same question to wich I answered.

• 2 weeks later...

My AFC Bridge exe does not load automatically no matter how many times I re install and delete exe files and follow all instructions that many have offerred... so still have to load this manually   whats wrong with this .. any ideas

exe copy.txt

• Aerosoft

Hi,

That is indeed an issue we are working on for a long time.
It doesn't seem to be related to the AFC_Bridge itself, but to the way Windows handle the applications autostart 

in some computer configurations.

Correlations are really difficult to find however.

Currently, the fix is to start the AFC_Bridge manually.

Best regards.

• 11 months later...

Hi all. i reply to this post to not open a new one about the lights issue with MSFS.

I found and applied all the fix founded around here but the lights still off (tested all of them with the chtistmas tree tool)

I founded a strange issue because if i start AFCBridge manually, it show on just for a few seconds in the windows processes and after that it disappear (the process terminate).

I bought tthe bravo throttle a week ago and i have download the last driver on the honeycomb website. I also downloaded the drivers from aerosoft but it still not working.

You can see also my exe.xml file attached.

Thanks for your support

Raffaele

EXE.xml

• Deputy Sheriffs

When it appears in the process list for a moment and then disappears, it might be killed by your AV software. Disable your AV software and if this works make an exclusion for the complete installation folder.

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft
1 hour ago, npv1459 said:

I bought the bravo throttle a week ago and i have download the last driver on the honeycomb website. I also downloaded the drivers from aerosoft but it still not working.

Just for the sake of certainty, can you confirm you downloaded from THIS very link : 
http://freeware.aerosoft.com/forum/downloads/AS_HONEYCOMB_MSFS.zip

and that, when downloaded, you executed the setup program as administrator ?

Thank you.

22 hours ago, SimWare said:

Just for the sake of certainty, can you confirm you downloaded from THIS very link : 
http://freeware.aerosoft.com/forum/downloads/AS_HONEYCOMB_MSFS.zip

and that, when downloaded, you executed the setup program as administrator ?

Thank you.

Yes i do confirm.
Downloaded installed as administrator and when i start it the process comes up just for a couple of seconds and it disappear again.
Attacched a video that can explain what i say before

Please login to view this video.

23 hours ago, mopperle said:

When it appears in the process list for a moment and then disappears, it might be killed by your AV software. Disable your AV software and if this works make an exclusion for the complete installation folder.

I use only windows Defender.. No AV software installed