Aerosoft Aircraft - A330 Preview

Aerosoft Team
Message added by Tom,

Aerosoft A330 Preview

Please read the FAQ prior to posting.

Have a livery request? Check out the Livery Request thread here.

• Aerosoft

Project is going well and is on schedule (famous last words).

Here are some new images of the EFB (all work in progress!!)

Please login to display this image.

The background can be changed to any bitmap on your system. 

Again, work in progress, things will change.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

Is the EFB still a single device or is there a consideration to at least implement the FO side, like in real life?

Edit: okay the latest pics came just to late…😉

vor 4 Minuten schrieb Mathijs Kok:

And finally for today, the last images of the cockpit, all work in progress!

Again, work in progress, things will change.

Amazing, the best looking VC in MSFS in my opinion…

• Like 1

• Aerosoft
3 minutes ago, SK10 said:

Is the EFB still a single device or is there a consideration to at least implement the FO side, like in real life?

Edit: okay the latest pics came just to late…😉

Lol, to be clear, two sides. We have not yet decided if they will be independent, depends on the load they cause and how that would affect use on different platforms.

• Like 2

This looks amazing, really looking forward this beauty ! Quick question, I searched through this thread and haven't been able to find an answer, so my apologies If you already answered it.

Do you know if it would've been possible to be able to open cockpit's windows, the same way this have been done in the Fenix A320 ? It really add a lot when taxiing/starting the aircraft, and would be amazing your a330 !

And, will you add cockpit's sun-shields ?

Greetings from France,

• Like 1

Mathijs,

First of all thank you for your updates, they are much appreciated and the plane looks truly stunning in those images. 

2 questions: Has the price already been determined (i know you won’t reveal it even if it has been lol)?

And will the plane be only available for purchase on aerosoft site or in marketplace as well?

• Aerosoft
59 minutes ago, Hugo_J said:

This looks amazing, really looking forward this beauty ! Quick question, I searched through this thread and haven't been able to find an answer, so my apologies If you already answered it.

Do you know if it would've been possible to be able to open cockpit's windows, the same way this have been done in the Fenix A320 ? It really add a lot when taxiing/starting the aircraft, and would be amazing your a330 !

And, will you add cockpit's sun-shields ?

Greetings from France,

Will find out.

• Like 1

• Aerosoft
Am 29.6.2022 um 19:23 schrieb JackBeloff:

Mathijs,

First of all thank you for your updates, they are much appreciated and the plane looks truly stunning in those images. 

2 questions: Has the price already been determined (i know you won’t reveal it even if it has been lol)?

And will the plane be only available for purchase on aerosoft site or in marketplace as well?

As with all our internal products we believe that making our products available on all platforms is commercially absolutely vital. So this will be available in our stores (and our affiliated stores) and on Marketplace and will work on PC, Xbox and Cloud. That also affects the price, high prices simply do not work well on the Marketplace and DLC on Xbox at high prices simply will never sell. So our prices will be set so it will sell on these markets.  Now the price is not set.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Oh and before people start to worry about things being 'dumbed down' for Xbox. Just look at the images. The fact we want our products to perform good on PC, Xbox and Cloud only means we have to be very professional in our work and have to use every possible option the simulator offers us.  MSFS has a very modern graphics engine, very much in line with other game engines.

To me it is stunning that so many developers are still stuck at P3D standards and not invest time in learning what the sim has to offer. I know I keep hammering on it, but NONE of the images shared contains a texture larger then 2K. High definition textures are simply outdated when you can use decals.  Adding a fully 3D interior to the external view (so you can see through the windows) is a massive waste of memory and framerates if you can use the windowbox methode the sim offers.  Using these things make the model look better and will make sure they work fine on Xbox and Cloud.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Will there be other engine variants? Like GE/PW engine 

if it is possible 
I hope there will be 200 or even neo
As if pmdg will eventually update all 737 variants including 737max

thx you

Hello together,

at the moment I'm working on the text decals for the landing gear.
Unfortunately, I still have a few unclear areas and it would be great if one of you guys could help.

The most important thing about the references is that the text is legible.

Everything else is secondary at the moment.

Any help is very welcome :)

These are the areas I need your help:

... the main gear

... the nose gear

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

What are 'true windows'?

d04.jpg.22598893fec9a345bd6115ad5768eb79.jpg

On this photo, I have the impression of seeing decals instead of 3D windows like on the CRJ or the PMDG 737 

• Aerosoft Team changed the title to Aerosoft Aircraft - A330 Preview
  • Aerosoft Team pinned this topic
  • Tom unpinned and pinned this topic
  • Tom unpinned and locked this topic