Aerosoft Aircraft - A330 Preview

Message added by Tom,

Aerosoft A330 Preview

Please read the FAQ prior to posting.

Have a livery request? Check out the Livery Request thread here.

25 minutes ago, YAG said:

I think we have the right to know what is happening with the plane, even if the detail is boring because it was postponed for about 8 months. Come on aerosoft you can do better.

No, we don't have any right as we have not pay anything for the plane yet. Any information they are providing about the development progress is up to them and we must be grateful and just patiently wait until the plane is ready. It would be good to stop pressing them. I prefer a detailed plane, both in terms of operability and exterior realism and animations, than a plane made in a hurry to satisfy the impatient forum members.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 11

4 hours ago, YAG said:

I think we have the right to know what is happening with the plane, even if the detail is boring because it was postponed for about 8 months. Come on aerosoft you can do better.

As a matter of fact, no. You do not have any such "right."

The only right you have is to decide whether to purchase the product or not. Receiving constant development updates isn't a right or any kind of requirement in any field of software development, especially before you pay for a product. It has never been, and it'll never be. 

6 hours ago, cwa alt said:

Sorry but your just gonna have to wait 10 years for the fslabs a330 to get your ge engines, aerosoft clearly had made up there mind about only rr engines, no separate isis instruments, or different variants, imo it’s a sign of laziness 

There are few things that make me roll my eyes all the way back into my skull than seeing people who have zero idea of the work going behind something like this calling developers "lazy."

• Like 1
  • Upvote 13

Lol I love the people who are criticizing people wanting an update on the “preview forum.”  Come off it lads, yes the terminology of “it’s our right” is prob not the best to use but good lord the people that defend the lack of updates is just astounding.  IT IS A PREVIEW FORUM, give us previews, give us updates, give us tidbits of what you are working on!  Again people have been flying this things for months!! And we know this because they are constantly in here posting livery screenshots.  It has almost been a week since MK announced his leaving, no one has come in here to say anything.  

I am extremely nervous about this product and everyone else should be as well.  The only “In depth preview” we have is from an FS Elite Writer who I guess has avoided airbus planes his entire life.  Where he did not know the difference between managed and select mode?  And the best it did was fly a heading?

Again, I am not writing this to bash the plane, i am buying it regardless but I am hoping I am buying a plane that turns the airplane development wing of Aerosoft in the right direction.  I am writing this Because their past releases have left me wanting, this is their chance, show the world what Aerosoft can do.  Not only release the first long hauler but release one that people are wowed by.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 11

3 hours ago, Abriael said:

As a matter of fact, no. You do not have any such "right."

The only right you have is to decide whether to purchase the product or not. Receiving constant development updates isn't a right or any kind of requirement in any field of software development, especially before you pay for a product. It has never been, and it'll never be. 

There are few things that make me roll my eyes all the way back into my skull than seeing people who have zero idea of the work going behind something like this calling developers "lazy."

you minsinterpeted what I said, the a330 effort isnt lazy, its the lack of variation in the cockpit that is lazy, we dont have cpdlc, we dont have sec fpln, we dont have a -200 variant or any freighters, we dont have different isis instruments, and most importantly we dont have ge or pw engines, thats the lazy part

• Upvote 4

For the people that are eager for updates everyday just for you know that Aerosoft aren't the only who's late in their development... 

Ex1. PMDG with their EFB... almost a year since the b737-6 came out and not even an image of what it could look like.

Ex2, PMDG again, where's their B777??? What it looks like??

Ex3. Fenix with their v2, still no news or very little

This is to say that chill out jeez! Mathis isn't here anymore and we'll have to live with the fact that we won't have the news updates like befoer, why don't y'all move to the other forums and try to get news there for a change! It just seems like this game is a harder to code or whatever developpers do lol 

• Upvote 6

35 minutes ago, cwa alt said:

you minsinterpeted what I said, the a330 effort isnt lazy, its the lack of variation in the cockpit that is lazy, we dont have cpdlc, we dont have sec fpln, we dont have a -200 variant or any freighters, we dont have different isis instruments, and most importantly we dont have ge or pw engines, thats the lazy part

What I honestly dislike about your way of "arguing" is, that you totally ignore explanations that have been given, solely focus on things that won't make it into the initial release and make it look like those things would never come. 

Maybe instead of demanding things that you have never paid for until now (calling Aerosoft lazy because you are not getting exactly what you want already with version 1 is demanding, nothing else!) you just leave this place here and come back when the product is like you want to have it. 

2 hours ago, Bojangles said:

IT IS A PREVIEW FORUM, give us previews, give us updates, give us tidbits of what you are working on!  Again people have been flying this things for months!! And we know this because they are constantly in here posting livery screenshots.  It has almost been a week since MK announced his leaving, no one has come in here to say anything.  

Not too sure in what part of the world you are living in, but in my part it is summer and therefore vacation time. Maybe worth a thought or two before coming up with such kind of demands.

45 minutes ago, Jordan87 said:

The clue is in the title of the forum…. “PREVIEW”… right now it’s like they’ve ditched it for good or something 🫣😂

Oh come on. There haven't been an update for a few days. A quite reasonable explanation for that has been given, and all you guys start acting like little cry babies. Seriously, grow up!

• Like 4
  • Upvote 6

4 minutes ago, Aviator0815 said:

What I honestly dislike about your way of "arguing" is, that you totally ignore explanations that have been given, solely focus on things that won't make it into the initial release and make it look like those things would never come. 

Maybe instead of demanding things that you have never paid for until now (calling Aerosoft lazy because you are not getting exactly what you want already with version 1 is demanding, nothing else!) you just leave this place here and come back when the product is like you want to have it. 

Not too sure in what part of the world you are living in, but in my part it is summer and therefore vacation time. Maybe worth a thought or two before coming up with such kind of demands.

Oh come on. There haven't been an update for a few days. A quite reasonable explanation for that has been given, and all you guys start acting like little cry babies. Seriously, grow up!

Amen, at least someone payed attention

• Upvote 1

My goodness, what toxicity since Mathijs left. PLEASE you need to calm down. That he has left and that there are news, does not mean that the project is going to be abandoned and that it is abandoned. And those who complain that it is delayed and delayed, that you know, he never really said that he was going to release it that certain time. Do they have to delay the release? YES, that they delay it, better to delay it than to release it already with an imperfect product and not be able to enjoy it, it is better that it be well done and finished. That we don't have the A330 in MSFS is not the end of the world. We have many planes to enjoy, such as the A320 from Fenix, the CRJ from Aerosoft, PMDG 737 and the Just Flight planes, etc. Enjoy what we have. There will be time and time to enjoy the plane in our hands, for now enjoy other planes and previous images of the plane. If it was easy to develop, they would have released it a long time ago. But is not. So don't be upset if they didn't add a feature you wanted. It is not the end of the world because they did not add it or because the plane took it out. So stop arguing, sending toxic messages and enjoy what you have in your simulator.

We are not always going to agree with their intentions, opinions, but we are going to respect each other and talk like civilized people.

And also as much as you ask every day for the release date, it will not make them tell you the date.

And do not worry if they do not answer your questions, it is because they are busy, also because they do not have the necessary information or they cannot give you that information for NDA reasons, if they answered your questions every day, they would not advance the development.

I will repeat it ENJOY WHAT YOU HAVE.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 8

1 hour ago, Aviator0815 said:

It's not people being crybabies, when you tell the internet you want to release something by 2022 and it's still in development in Q2 2023, people are going to start getting anxious or annoyed with it taking so long. I know Aerosoft said they miscalculated their release period but it has just been getting delayed and delayed, so obviously people are going to get upset. It's not to be rude or annoyed it's because they want to fly the plane so much! I know I do. 

Nevertheless, I will be patient in the wait for this bird.

• Upvote 8

I literally don’t care about receiving constant updates on the forum, nor do I really care about getting a -200 or freighter variants, and I do think that the forum wants too many updates, but all I want is GE engines (I don’t even really care about PW engines) or atleast SOMETHING that says whether or not it’s even remotely considered

• Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, Svend Loggerhead said:

I literally don’t care about receiving constant updates on the forum, nor do I really care about getting a -200 or freighter variants, and I do think that the forum wants too many updates, but all I want is GE engines (I don’t even really care about PW engines) or atleast SOMETHING that says whether or not it’s even remotely considered

I respect your need for GE engine but what I really want to know is Why are you care too much about it? I see you are insisting on it even though, if we thought about the GE engines in terms of power we will find the RR trent is more powerful. Could you tell me your view? 

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, ahmed2003 said:

I respect your need for GE engine but what I really want to know is Why are you care too much about it? I see you are insisting on it even though, if we thought about the GE engines in terms of power we will find the RR trent is more powerful. Could you tell me your view? 

Because the operators that I actually care about (except Lufthansa) like KLM, Delta, Finnair, Aer Lingus, etc use the GE engines, not the RR engines. Power doesn’t matter, it’s not like I’m buying the real plane, I’m buying an add on to simulate airline operations and it ruins the immersion when it’s using an engine that visually looks very different to the actual engine being used (RR uses an exhaust mixer, GE doesn’t, so they look quite different)

• Upvote 5

24 minutes ago, Svend Loggerhead said:

visually looks very different to the actual engine being used (RR uses an exhaust mixer, GE doesn’t, so they look quite different)

Honestly if the RR and GE engines didn’t look so different I would be fine without the GE engines because I just wouldn’t notice the fact that the engine is wrong, but because they look so different it’s immediately noticeable that the engine is wrong

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I don't believe Mathis ruled out GE engines, but said it's not a high priority at the moment. I would really like GE engines as it's the type our national airline uses (Aer Lingus)

• Like 1

Not everything has to come out on the first day, updates exist for a reason whether it's bug fixes or adding a second engine option.

I think that having GE engines should be an update or an expansion pack, and I’m not saying it should come with release, I just want to know if it’s even considered as an update or expansion pack in the first place

• Upvote 2

I think the honest answer regarding future enginge updates is that nobody knows at this stage. I want them too, but at this point I think its neither planned nor ruled out.

4 minutes ago, Tom A320 said:

Just two weeks ago Mathijs gave you an answer to this question. Repeating your question over and over again, just because you don't like the answer will not change it.

Please login to display this image.

Link

That’s not an answer, that’s him saying a month ago that there is not an answer yet but that there will be an answer at some point, so I’m wondering when the answer will come. Also, I only asked once recently, all the other posts on the last page and this post is either responding to you or other people telling me to be quiet

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Svend Loggerhead said:

Because the operators that I actually care about (except Lufthansa) like KLM, Delta, Finnair, Aer Lingus, etc use the GE engines, not the RR engines. Power doesn’t matter, it’s not like I’m buying the real plane, I’m buying an add on to simulate airline operations and it ruins the immersion when it’s using an engine that visually looks very different to the actual engine being used (RR uses an exhaust mixer, GE doesn’t, so they look quite different)

Ah I see so you want the GE option to simulate the Airlines which operate the a330 with GE engines. You know what I'm also having this minor issue with Fenix but it will be fixed after V2 update as they will add the IAE engine. 

Is there any progress update you want to share with us Aerosoft? there was a list were things are colored in green and red which indicates what's done and what's needed to work onto what about this list today? 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

It does not matter and frankly, it should not matter whether we have the perfect engine type or whether or not we can see the wing flex. You're spending the entire flight in the cockpit anyway. Worry about flying the aircraft. That's where the immersion comes from. If you're too busy worrying about those things, you're missing the point of flight simulation.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1