Aerosoft Aircraft - A330 Preview

Message added by Tom,

Aerosoft A330 Preview

Please read the FAQ prior to posting.

Have a livery request? Check out the Livery Request thread here.

I for one will say it looks fantastic, sounds fantastic, and cannot wait for the final product.  Thanks for sharing this will keep us going for another couple of weeks lol

What’s the point of doing a long haul if you accelerate time, kind of sounds like you shouldn’t be doing long hauls if you don’t want to wait 

Nothing wrong with waiting out a long haul but sometimes when flights are 9hrs+ it’s good to speed things up a bit when you have a busy day and just wanna fly a route but don’t have nearly your whole day spare and also when i do long hauls i don’t like arranging my day around a virtual flight 

• Upvote 7

13 minutes ago, Lil_speedy_boi said:

nothing wrong with doing all of hauls but sitting at your desk for 9hrs+ takes up your whole day be a bit nice to speed it up a bit 

Not against the option of time acceleration but using the autopilot during cruise would be a good idea and you can do other things meantime, occasionally checking the plane making sure everything's still going right.

Now time acceleration is good if you don't have the time but you really wanna do a long haul route. Personally that'd probably kill the immersion of the long haul for me so I'd just choose a shorter route anyways.

1 hour ago, cwa alt said:

What’s the point of doing a long haul if you accelerate time, kind of sounds like you shouldn’t be doing long hauls if you don’t want to wait 

A lot of people want to replicate real-world long haul routes. So there is indeed a point of time acceleration for a lot of people. 

• Upvote 7

The A330 is looking so good! By the way can I ask if the registration number on the Cathay Pacific livery be changed to the correct font here? By that I mean the fuselage, nose wheel door and under the wing. Thank you. 

Please login to display this image.

• Upvote 1

• Deputy Sheriffs
10 hours ago, Lil_speedy_boi said:

will there be any kind of time acceleration built in to the plane like there is in the pmdg 737 series, it would make sense as it’s a mainly long haul aircraft so we don’t have to have to sit there for the whole flight. 

Please use the forum search in the top right corner of this page. Your question has been asked and answered several times already.

• Upvote 3

vor 10 Stunden schrieb Lil_speedy_boi:

will there be any kind of time acceleration built in to the plane like there is in the pmdg 737 series, it would make sense as it’s a mainly long haul aircraft so we don’t have to have to sit there for the whole flight. 

Yes there will be 

On 6/13/2023 at 3:35 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

Mwahhhh, yes, the code is mainly done, now the Autopilot etc need to start using it correctly.

Nice, I'm looking forward to it like a kid on christmas

I also compress time, I simply do not have no time to sit by the computer all day. The 777 had a good system for this and I hope

this is just as good. Obviously if someone has time, no one is stopping them from sitting there 24/7 ;).

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, marcus_sweden said:

I also compress time, I simply do not have no time to sit by the computer all day. The 777 had a good system for this and I hope

this is just as good. Obviously if someone has time, no one is stopping them from sitting there 24/7 ;).

Again I'm not against time acceleration but you definitely don't have to be next to your computer during cruise unless you're doing VATSIM or something.

I'd just look at the ETA for the TOD.

• Aerosoft
16 hours ago, D O said:

How is the ground friction of the wheels? In MSFS there is a known issue with "Geradeauslauf" on the runway and very sensitive Rudder.

We believe it is pretty good, we have had it tested by three real pilots two weeks back and included their comments.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

vor 4 Minuten schrieb Mathijs Kok:

A while back, people asked if we could make runway turn-off take-offs (is that what it is called?) would be possible. At that time, we said it was not, but we found a bit of time to include that now.

Clicking the cloud download button downloads all runways for the departure airport.

Clicking on the runway length allows you to edit the runway length.

Thats a very nice feature add! Thanks for that. Nice to see it implemented. Just to confirm: we can switch from ft to m? :P
And I am sure its called: Takeoff intersections :D 

5 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

A while back, people asked if we could make runway turn-off take-offs (is that what it is called?) would be possible. At that time, we said it was not, but we found a bit of time to include that now.

Clicking the cloud download button downloads all runways for the departure airport.

Clicking on the runway length allows you to edit the runway length.

Hi Mathijs,

will this tablet be fully functional in the Xbox version as well?

thanks!

• Aerosoft
3 minutes ago, Matthews2180 said:

Hi Mathijs,

will this tablet be fully functional in the Xbox version as well?

thanks!

We have not been able to test that, but that is very much the plan. It is fully intended for our aircraft projects to be 100% the same on PC. MSFS Cloud and Xbox.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

Hello Mathijs

just had seen the Video about the upcoming A330. I am pretty sure I will buy it, but not sure if my PC can handle it. I have no Problems with almost any Addon, like Aerosoft (so far) PMDG, Fenix, Milviz, Just Flight and more. But there are two that crash my sim. First the Velocopter from Asobo, second the Airbus from Inibuilds. During loading the sim crashes. Must be something that my old CPU, Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPÜ 750  @ 2.67GHz, 2668 MHz, 4 Kern, cant handle. I know the specification from ASOBO says, this System wont work, but hey it works on more then 90% of my Addons.

So to make a long story short, is there a chance to enter the Beta? I was Beta Tester in your Team back at old FS times for example for the fighting Falcon and the Warhawk. Also Beta tested for other companies during that time. Even made the German callouts for the Boeing 727 from Captain Sim.

So it would be an honor to serve in your Beta Team. If not, no Problem, I might buy the A330 anyway even with the "it does not work for me" in mind.

So have a great Time and best wishes from Hamburg

Uwe Bestmann

• Aerosoft
1 hour ago, Bobo57 said:

So it would be an honor to serve in your Beta Team. If not, no Problem, I might buy the A330 anyway even with the "it does not work for me" in mind.

Sorry, the beta team is full and is already like herding cats, lol.

But let's do it this way, when we release I'll get you a free copy and when it works you pay. I doubt it will work, however. I am 90% sure we use some CPU instructions your CPU simply does not have yet. 

• Like 6
  • Upvote 8

vor 13 Minuten schrieb Mathijs Kok:

Sorry, the beta team is full and is already like herding cats, lol.

But let's do it this way, when we release I'll get you a free copy and when it works you pay. I doubt it will work, however. I am 90% sure we use some CPU instructions your CPU simply does not have yet. 

that sounds very fair Deal. Thank you very much.

Best wishes

Uwe

The plane looks fantastic so far, lovely to get a widebody for MSFS. I was just wondering about the wing flex, many people seem to have questions about it. The animations seemed a bit stuttery and rigid, maybe a bit delayed, which looked odd and unrealistic to me, and others I assume. It reminds me of the PMDG animations, which have also received some criticism for being stuttery and weird looking. Is that something you are able to comment on any further? Something that can be looked into? Was this a result of a potential replay software bugging out the animations, or perhaps something else? I know Aerosofts focus has been and always will be what the pilot sees from the cockpit only. Still, it would be nice if we could at least get a yes or no answer regarding whether the replay software caused these stuttery animations If not, you could look into it for a future update, as the Wingflex looked quite unrealistic to me. The plane seems fantastic, though, and I think it will be a great product nonetheless!

I do appreciate all the enormous work that goes into making a complex addon like this, and I don't want to seem like a complainer who dismisses the work you do, I just wanted to know if this is something you are aware of.

Thank you!

Did the comment about the bad looking wingflex got removed? In the trailer it didn't look realistic at all, the wing started flexing when the aircraft became airborne, when it should already flex while building airspeed on the ground, and have the most amount of flex during rotation (not during the steady climb after rotation). The wingflex just looked so static and predefined.

I know there is a "work in progress" text at the bottom of the teaser video, but I just wanted to let you guys know, in case you thought this looked good.

And no, I'm not a real life A330 pilot, but I do have a master's degree in aeronautical engineering.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3