Aerosoft Aircraft - A330 Preview

Message added by Tom,

Aerosoft A330 Preview

Please read the FAQ prior to posting.

Have a livery request? Check out the Livery Request thread here.

• Aerosoft
On 6/9/2023 at 9:16 PM, Simbula said:

Hello, are you planning on adding jettison to the aircraft?

No, it is an optional system, not installed on most aircraft. It is also something that is very very rarely used and thus beyond the scope of this project.

• Aerosoft
22 hours ago, D O said:

Do you think, someday CPDLC will be implemented?

Yes, for sure. I am just hesitant because it was proven to be pretty damned complex to do and certainly support in P3D. I am still hoping that all online ATC organisations can come together and build one API that will be stable over a long period. 

• Aerosoft
Just now, Mathijs Kok said:

sim

And as soon it is implemented, there will be a tutorial on this.

You will find it in the How-to section and in the A330 Collection. 

• Like 1

• Aerosoft
1 hour ago, Dani-Zijlmans said:

So, after seeing MSFS2024 trailer I`m wondering: What are you guys doing with the AS A330 when MSFS2024 comes/released?

Update it when needed? We are 99% sure the sim will be fully compatible. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 4

Xbox have confirmed this is a sequel and not an expansion...great...makes me question my purchases now. Already spent £2K on this sim and now it's all going to waste.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 6

vor 8 Minuten schrieb TomReborn:

Xbox have confirmed this is a sequel and not an expansion...great...makes me question my purchases now. Already spent £2K on this sim and now it's all going to waste.

Hopefully it won't be that bad. But I am also a little bit confused and annoyed by this announcement. Even the transitions between the differend P3D version created incompatabilites which took a while to update everything especially some airport developers were really slow in this regard.

I really hoped for a stable platform working for a long time comparable to windows 10.

• Upvote 6

vor 39 Minuten schrieb Mathijs Kok:

Update it when needed? We are 99% sure the sim will be fully compatible. At this moment it really just looked like an 'action-pack' thing

On Twitter it was labeled a Sequel, not an Update... can't find the link atm, sorry!

Regards,

Max

19 minutes ago, Airmax said:

On Twitter it was labeled a Sequel, not an Update... can't find the link atm, sorry!

Regards,

Max

But i doubt the sim will have different foundations. Pretty sure it's just to keep the title fresh and would probably be not expensive to current owners and will be fully compatible. I hope it's a sort of ground up rebuild for problems like jetways, traffic, atc, weather (radar, etc) and it looks like it has more life. But with all the wishlist and the roadmap etc and how well they treated us, i would doubt they would make a bold greedy and confusing move as just creating a new game without it being on the same page as msfs 2020

• Upvote 3

56 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

This could be already shared here, but I was cleaning up my desktop for a fresh new week.

Will the beacon lights be mapped that they will only illuminate the outer wing?

• Aerosoft
29 minutes ago, DK67 said:

Will the beacon lights be mapped that they will only illuminate the outer wing?

That's not how MSFS works, you simply put a light source with parameters and the sim decides what is lit up.  As it works in the real world. 

I know there are some aircraft where it does not work like that, but those are not made with 2022 technology.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Is there any reason why you think so? Why not simply assume it has the same engine and will run all existing code? After all, that would make all the sense in the world would it not?

If it has the same engine and code, and developers are able to make it work then that's great. But then again why would they make it a complete new release if it's going to be the same engine and code, that's what doesn't make sense to me. Something's got to be new, and that means most developers will most likely charge an "upgrade fee".

People have been mentioning the Xbox social media rep knows nothing about it and that it is just an overhaul which I hope is true, as the upgrade fee mentioned above would be considered by most if not all developers

• Upvote 3

Anyone who ever knew anything about MS should know that they always make sure to make things upgradable.

Anyone who ever used Office would know at least ;).

If anything it should silence those who thought MS wouldn't be in this for the long haul. 

• Like 1

vor 6 Minuten schrieb CptBenY:

How you get that from that message is beyond my tiny brain 

I find they will announce something major - like a release date - with reference to the FS Expo so I assume it will be around end of june. but just guessing... 

First of all bonjour,

I have wasted many minutes of my life this year scrolling through this forum looking for Mathijs' messages and been really intrigued to the development process as the 333 has a very special space in my heart.

I would like to ask something regarding exits, on the pictures recently posted of the Condor 333 the 3L/3R exit is smaller, similar to those found on 332s, and on other images, like on some regarding Virgin Atlantic the door appear to be "normal size". 

Is this a 333 thing in general and can we expect both versions upon release? 

Love the development process, look the plane, look forward to the end result! :) 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Ahmad Elrikabi said:

Is the Beluga XL yours in the MSFS 2024 trailer? really confused with this announcement

I thought about this too. The Beluga XL is based on the A330 and there was also an A330-200 with RR engines. What if MS purchased the A330-200 from Aerosoft? 

32 minutes ago, marcus_sweden said:

Anyone who ever knew anything about MS should know that they always make sure to make things upgradable.

Anyone who ever used Office would know at least ;).

If anything it should silence those who thought MS wouldn't be in this for the long haul. 

For FS2024 itself, not comparing with FS2020 I don't think negatively of it.

I do have a concern with the compability of 3rd party planes though.

My guess is it's basically FS2020 V2, so people will be able to use their current planes on FS2024. 

I'd say in general: Do not make any hard assumptions yet until more information is available.

12 minutes ago, Jetti200 said:

For FS2024 itself, not comparing with FS2020 I don't think negatively of it.

I do have a concern with the compability of 3rd party planes though.

My guess is it's basically FS2020 V2, so people will be able to use their current planes on FS2024. 

I'd say in general: Do not make any hard assumptions yet until more information is available.

I used FS09 objects in FSX so I am fairly sure they will survive one iteration.

I make assumptions based on working with MS for 30+ years. I know that they take backward compatibility seriously. Even so. Any updates will have upgrade pricing if needed. 

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Ahmad Elrikabi:

Is the Beluga XL yours in the MSFS 2024 trailer? really confused with this announcement

Initially I thought about his too as the modelling looks very similar but time will tell.

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Mathijs Kok:

This could be already shared here, but I was cleaning up my desktop for a fresh new week.

Please login to display this image.

🤤