Low fps

timma

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And there is also a strange thing I found out. After many CRJ reinstalls I noticed that yoke is in the full left (or right) position with no systems working if I have the 2.0.0.0 version (the problem that happens if you have an old P3D version but I have the latest one) . If I update the CRJ to 2.0.0.3, it is working (with FPS problem). It is strange that version 2.0.0.0 doesn't work at all. Am I missing something, some runtime libraries etc. and that causes the low FPS problem in 2.0.0.3?

anyone figure this out? im suffering same problem in the aerosoft airbus pro A320/A321. massive FPS drop in the VC but outside its butter. I pan left right in VC its stutter. ECAM render is off too. shaders deleted rebuilt. 

this is so annyoing

I am spending hours every day trying to fix it by reinstalling P3D, CRJ, C++ libraries... and figure our what is causing it. For me, this problems started a week after 2020 new year. 

I have a question for users that have the same problem; did you also start to experience this problem around the same time (a week after new year)?

mine is not with CRJ cuz I don't own that, I suffer same problem with A320 pro. Ive turned off a lot of things , adjust, tweak, etc. 

I did see a performance increased in resetting nvidia control panel to restore default, in P3d set frames unlimit, turn on Vsync, leave triple buffer off, in p3d.cfg put in AffinityMask=1385 (I have 8700K).

I saw a performance increase, but still suffer from stutter on panning .

FYI, the windows 10 update is a huge CPU , CTD other problems etc. Had to reinstall my windows 10 last week, and then Block this KB file. it all over internet but here is one of many links.

https://www.windowslatest.com/2020/03/17/windows-10-kb4551762-new-issues/

• Developer

I suspect that some uninstaller removes something from the system that is needed. But I have no clue which one that could be. We already checked the CRJ and Airbus uninstallers, but they don't try to uninstall things like DirectX, C++ runtime or similar.

I wish I could give you a better and more helpful response.

1 hour ago, airtahitinuiforever said:

mine is not with CRJ cuz I don't own that, I suffer same problem with A320 pro. Ive turned off a lot of things , adjust, tweak, etc. 

I did see a performance increased in resetting nvidia control panel to restore default, in P3d set frames unlimit, turn on Vsync, leave triple buffer off, in p3d.cfg put in AffinityMask=1385 (I have 8700K).

I saw a performance increase, but still suffer from stutter on panning .

FYI, the windows 10 update is a huge CPU , CTD other problems etc. Had to reinstall my windows 10 last week, and then Block this KB file. it all over internet but here is one of many links.

https://www.windowslatest.com/2020/03/17/windows-10-kb4551762-new-issues/

Unless my math is wrong, that number translates to 11 cores, not 12.  On top of that, you should NOT be running P3D with Hyperthreading enabled, it's known to cause issues.  Unless you have a very specific high level need to remove cores from p3Dv4, I would remove your Affinity Mask setting as Windows 10 does a good job in managing this already.  At the very least get rid of your Hyperthreading and AF setting and see how that affects  your frame rates.

HT on or off doesn't make difference in my case. It is very interesting that sometimes CRJ randomly works (very very rarely). But after restart, the same problem continues.

I have just found another very strange thing. I installed the old CRJX to test it and it has the same problem - frame rate drops to around 17 when screens are rendering (working). I think something is wrong with rendering of the screens. I have also tried making an exception in antivirus for main .dll gauge file for CRJ. 

I wonder if A330 would have the same problem on my PC but I don't own it.

I am so confused 😮

1 hour ago, Branimir said:

HT on or off doesn't make difference in my case. It is very interesting that sometimes CRJ randomly works (very very rarely). But after restart, the same problem continues.

I have just found another very strange thing. I installed the old CRJX to test it and it has the same problem - frame rate drops to around 17 when screens are rendering (working). I think something is wrong with rendering of the screens. I have also tried making an exception in antivirus for main .dll gauge file for CRJ. 

I wonder if A330 would have the same problem on my PC but I don't own it.

I am so confused 😮

Did you try getting rid of your Affinity Mask?

I am so happy to say that my FPS problem is fixed (but I am not sure how)!!!

Changes I did before CRJ started working again (today):

1. Reinstalled a PMDG aircraft (I had problems with letters and number that were missing on displays. I think some fonts were missing)

2. Removed a file called F1GTN.dll from P3D\Garmin. I uninstalled Flight1 GTN a week ago and that made no difference. Today I was going thru P3D folders and files and it was strange that there was still a file from F1 GTN in the Garmin folder so I removed it. After CRJ started working, I installed Flight1 GTN again and CRJ it is still working.

I am not saying that those two changes fixed the problem. There is very little chance that PMDG reinstalled solved the problem because it has nothing to do with AS CRJ. But there is a chance that it has something to do with the GTN. There was maybe this F1GTN.dll running alongside AS CRJ. Is this even possible?

A question for developers

Is it possible for P3D to run 3rd party .dll that are not in both of dll.xml files? Lets assume F1GTN.dll was running. How did P3D knew where is that .dll if it's not in dll.xml?

I still don't know if this is a "miracle" or something might happened with Windows 10 (without knowing) or maybe one of those two changes fixed it. 

I will continue the search so I will be 100% sure what was causing it and other users might be able to fix it.

A question for users that have the same problem I had: do you have Flight1 GTN installed?

• Developer

As far as I am aware, the only way to load a DLL without using DLL.xml is for special gauge DLLs which are added in panel.cfg.

I would love to know how this miracle happens as you're not the first one who had the problem. A nice and simple "do this to fix it" would be so great. But well, at least it works for you now.

• 1 month later...

Is this topic still being investigated? For me the biggest problem are the stutters between 20 and 40 fps, and generally bad performance compared to any other aircraft under the same settings. My benchmark is FSL, and the CRJ performs worse. The reason must be hidden somewhere in the displays, the more of them I switch off the better the performance is. I attach my test settings (minimum, no traffic, default airports), my result with these settings is 25 fps with significant stutters.

Thanks

Martin

Please login to display this image.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/21/2020 at 1:23 AM, martinr8 said:

Is this topic still being investigated? For me the biggest problem are the stutters between 20 and 40 fps, and generally bad performance compared to any other aircraft under the same settings. My benchmark is FSL, and the CRJ performs worse. The reason must be hidden somewhere in the displays, the more of them I switch off the better the performance is. I attach my test settings (minimum, no traffic, default airports), my result with these settings is 25 fps with significant stutters.

Thanks

Martin

Same thing here. Disabling the FO displays helps somewhat, but I have been unable to lock my fps with the crj so far. I am oscillating anywhere from 25-80fps throughout a flight.

Archived