No sound

estreetah

I am not hearing any sound when the engines are off in the cockpit.  No checklist voices or anything.  I have re-installed etc. etc.  I am running Windows 10 with P3dv4.  Help anyone.

Aaron

Does the sound issue affect P3D sounds?  Or are you hearing P3D sounds and just not the Airbus?

One quick thing you can check is pressing the "Q" key two or three times with 2 seconds in between key presses.

No P3d sounds fine.  I just tested it where I went to the takeoff state and flew the plane.  I hear the engines hear the gear going up and down I think, do not hear altitude call outs and the retard alert on landing.  I will try the Q test but since I hear the engines just not some sounds I don't know.  

• Deputy Sheriffs

Have you ever worked through the tutorial? I have the feeling your are doing a lot of things wrong.

no I have not delved into the tutorial but I'm not sure I am doing anything wrong in regards to starting from cold and dark and selecting the ground power and battery and hear nothing. When I select the checklist pilot and copilot I can tell it is running but I don't hear it.  Now if you were talking about technical things like programming the flight and using the systems yes I will read that in time to better understand.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Do so please, read all the documentation and make the proper settings in MCDU3, so that you hear everything.

I will say I don't understand though if I start the plane, select cold and dark and start from scratch how nothing makes a sound in the cockpit. Or outside for that matter, generator running or anything.  I turn on ground power, select battery but zero sound.  No flip switch or anything simple is even heard.  Are you saying there is a setting to make this heard.  In the sound settings in the MCDU all things are set to default.  

Ok, tried about everything I can think of to try at this point.  No sound as described.  If I am missing something in the MCDU etc. please point it out to me because I'm missing it.  

I had this problem, but found a possible solution see my post below:

After installing the "Bus" my computer restarted and for some reason the sound output was diverted to my second monitor which has no sound connection, after sending the sound back to my main computer, everything is now OK.

Regards, Bigtaff

• Deputy Sheriffs

That would have been my next question, as I just did  a fresh install of the Airbus and simply could not recreate it.

As far as reinstall I did delete and reinstall the client only.  So much already installed to delete and start completely over with no assurance that I wouldn't have the same problem.  The throtle detent makes no sound.  I do not have a second monitor, but the thought that those sounds could be going eleswhere is interesting, although with selecting take off state or taxi state I do hear the engines inside and out.  ????

Well maybe were getting somewhere on this problem because I don't have this file in this spot.  Now to figure out where it is and how to get it where it should be.

Ok a reinstall etc again and again has not fixed it.   I found the sound files now.  The ASC file does not seem to get recognized or read.  Thats what it seems like to me.

• Deputy Sheriffs

there is no "ASC file" The sounds are located in these folders:
Installationfolder of your Airbus:
....Aerosoft A318-A319 Professional\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft A318-A319 Professional Base\Sound_ASC

....Aerosoft A318-A319 Professional\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft A318-A319 Professional Base\Sound_CFM

....Aerosoft A318-A319 Professional\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft A318-A319 Professional Base\Sound_IAE

Please show us a screenshot of your soundsettings in P3D

Also, you may want to backup then delete your Prepar3D.cfg file and let it rebuild on next launch, re-detecting your sound devices, although this will reset your sound settings in P3D.

Randy

I have deleted the cfg file.  Reinstalled the client again etc.  Still nothing.  Are these the settings  you are wanting to see?  

Please login to display this image.

It's a long shot, but have you tried unchecking Mute of Lost focus, and then once the sim is up pressing the "Q" key twice?

I wondering if your folder permissions for where the aircraft is installed to might someone be interfering, though Ii's another long shot.

Where is the aircraft installed to?

Ok. I'll try that with the mute of lost focus.  I am installed to C:user/me/documents/prepard3dv4addons   At least thats what it looks like to me.  Thanks for trying to figure this out.  

For reference i have other various planes installed with no problems, including Aerosoft CRJ.   

Well maybe the long shot worked.  I did uncheck mute on lost focus (along with clicking a thing or two in my sound card settings that I would have to go back and check to see what that actually was, frustated shot in the dark clicking), but regardless it was probably the mute on lost focus?  Anyway thanks so much for hanging in there trying to figure this out.  Now I can get down to actually learning it and making some flights.  If the problem resurfaces I will get back with you I'm sure.  Thanks again.

Aaron

Archived