Descent path not being follow

anthropos

Hi guys,

I’m quite glad with this new bus but definately I have a problem when getting on the T/D and pushing the ALT knob.

The aircraft starts its descent but does not follow the magenta dot. Vertical speed will be from -6500 and -5000.

i’ve read here that could be due to our weather engines but it is quite strange. With the same weather engine on other versions i did not have this issue. On the FMC there is no chance to introduce the weather manually in case this is the reason for the issu.

I’ve performed many flights now with this new bus and the behaviour is always the same regarding following the descend path.

ENGM LFPG

ENGM LIRF

LIRF EKCH

ENGM ENTC

ENTC ENBO

Does anyone is experimenting the same issue?

Best regards

• Deputy Sheriffs

Are you activating before or after T/D?

Wind can be uplinked on INIT A or added manually on F-Plan B.

Or average Windcomponent is entered on INIT B.

Thank you,

I have introduced all winds data on the FMC with no results. 

I pull the ALT knob 5nm before T/D, answering to masterhawk

Hope to be able to get this issue fixed

brgs

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

In my case the aircraft follows the descent path. First a select the new altitude according the constraint about the hight. I'm waiting for the deceleration message
and i pushed the alt knob. Aircraft descending correct but the speed drops to about 210 kts. (green dot speed) Before the descent I filled out the appr page but didn't activate
the APPR PHASE.  I think the speed drop is not correct. Only if you confirm the "APPR PHASE ypur speed reduces to the green dot speed. In the descent page is the managed speed about 280 kt so the aircraft must keep this speed.
Regards
Jo va Bra

I did the update and the zip file and I have the same results as above. I started a managed descent early. Descended -1000 FPM but when the VDEV scale became active it commanded a -5500 FPM descent for about a minute then flattened out to -2500. KBOS ROBUC arr.

Guys, very sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues.  We have a base thread for reporting and discussing this... I'm going to put a link below for you kindly ask that you post in that thread just so that we can track the issue better, and I'll close this thread so that others won't mistakenly post here.

Many thanks!

I have a question to that topic too.

If I enter eg. FL100 for a specific waypoint in my route, should the Bus descend to reach the FL100 at that point?

I tried that out the last flights and the bus was never descending to the entered altitude. I need to set V/S manually to reach the point.

Probably its also my fault dont know. :D

PS: My descend rates are also really interessting sometimes but I "solved" it by starting the descend earlier or set the V/S manually. Open Descend is a bit tricky :)

BR

Bernd

3 hours ago, flyingpilot1740 said:

PS: My descend rates are also really interessting sometimes but I "solved" it by starting the descend earlier or set the V/S manually. Open Descend is a bit tricky :)

BR

Bernd

Open Descend is equal to FLCH, it will descend as fast as possible while aiming to keep the selected speed. It will ignore any alt restrictions set on waypoints. Managed descend should follow alt restrictions

I did a BOS-JFK this morning. I did the PARCH3 arrival. I tried an open descent about 10 miles early. At idle thrust it was only descending between 1500-2000 FPM. I was supposed to cross CCC at 250/12000. It leveled off at 12 but didnt slow to 250 in managed speed. The FMGC had 250 and 12000 loaded.

• Aerosoft

But please try to give us some feedbacks we can work with.

Please keep in mind we can not (or hardly) recreate this issue so we are 100% depending on feedback from users and since a week I have been asking for that and we gotr only very limited help. If you do not see this issue anymore please let us now.  If you like to see this solved please read the topics and give us what we need to work with. At this moment I got 21 users on file that complained about this issue. But 13 of those have not communicated in ten days so we are about to assume there issues have been solved with a clean install of the sim or the last patch,

As said I got very serious resources to find the cause of this issue at this moment, but groping in the dark without data to work with is a utter waste of resources. 

Ill try some more flts using managed descent with winds. Let you know. Im also finding the fuel burn is light in the sim compared to real flight plans. The burn should be on average from 41-44 kgs per minute and that covers flights up to 5 hours. The sim burns closer to 37.

• Aerosoft

Let's not mic up topics. If you want to talk about fuel burn please make a new topic (bit make sure you include all information, the difference between a light and a heavy aircraft (and speeds) could very well explain what you see,

If you REALLY want to help do what we asked and do the step by step flight (to the letter). That makes sure we all work with the same data. If you use weather we can't fully recreate we can't use the data. Some weather engines insert some seriously whacky winds.

Archived