Im considering getting this, just have a few questions.

Cyberstudio

Hi guys

I love classics so the dc-8 is a natural fit for my tastes. Before i get this, i have a few questions:

* Is there any chance that we may get a windowless, cargo version? because what i really want to do is cargo ops
* How deep are those systems? What are the compromises? the systems that dont work or are simplistic versions?

* Can i save and resume a flight later? i live in a country where we have power cuts so this is a must for me.

* Is the INS fully functional?

* Can i get the manual before purchasing?

Thanks!

Hi Cyberstudio,

1) Cargo version is considered, but first Michael will work on the FSX version (source: this forum)

2) Almost all of the normal procedures are covered. The only plane I ever tried that kept me more busy than this one is the FSL Concorde.

However, anything that is not normal procedure is not simulated. That irritated me a bit at first, but trust me, you get a lot to handle with this bird.

3) I suppose so, but someone from the developers should give you a more qualified response.

4) Yes, and well documented. See the link below.

5) http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/128149-douglas-dc-8-preview-released/&do=findComment&comment=874145

Peter

• Developer

Your panel state will automatically save and load.  The only item that doesn't save that I recall is the generator paralleled state.  You can reset it with on button push. 

• Developer

Bug fixes and some small improvements are being made now and will continue.  As for more significant new features, I have committed to making a cargo version.  Once that is done I can consider what more can be reasonably done. It partly depends on sales -- the higher they are, the more time I can reasonably put into it. I do have a number of enhancements in mind I would like to implement, but it's too early to start to making promises.  Right now I am focused on making the 32 bit and cargo versions.  I would suggest you make your decision on what you see now plus the expectation there will be added in the reasonably near future a cargo fuselage with revised paint kit to match. 

Any significant new functionality in the VC would likely be limited to the 64 bit version.  The 32 bit version has reached some limits in terms of click spots, animations, etc. 

@Cyberstudio What I love is the fact that the airplane is really stable and also easy on the frame rate !
The INS is very well implemented so far.

It is really an enjoyable simulation.

And like you, I am a more interested in cargo operations ;-)

Great news on the cargo version!And ,Cyberstudio,you cannot go wrong with this DC8.I have been a simmer for 30 years and have had all great products on the market.So I know when I get a great product.And this is

definitely one.

18 hours ago, Michael2 said:

Bug fixes and some small improvements are being made now and will continue.  As for more significant new features, I have committed to making a cargo version.  Once that is done I can consider what more can be reasonably done. It partly depends on sales -- the higher they are, the more time I can reasonably put into it. I do have a number of enhancements in mind I would like to implement, but it's too early to start to making promises.  Right now I am focused on making the 32 bit and cargo versions.  I would suggest you make your decision on what you see now plus the expectation there will be added in the reasonably near future a cargo fuselage with revised paint kit to match. 

Any significant new functionality in the VC would likely be limited to the 64 bit version.  The 32 bit version has reached some limits in terms of click spots, animations, etc. 

Thanks for all your work Michael, im  very excited for the cargo version. I hope sales are going great. Im recominding this plane to all my friends everyday. Its now one of my favorite aircraft. So i hope a beg you consider if sales are enought to do that, talk  with aerosoft to implement shared cockpit features on the aircraft. Simply with All work you need to do to handel DC-8 would be one of the most usefull sharecockpits ever. 

Best whises.

21 hours ago, qqwertzde said:

Hi Cyberstudio,

1) Cargo version is considered, but first Michael will work on the FSX version (source: this forum)

2) Almost all of the normal procedures are covered. The only plane I ever tried that kept me more busy than this one is the FSL Concorde.

However, anything that is not normal procedure is not simulated. That irritated me a bit at first, but trust me, you get a lot to handle with this bird.

3) I suppose so, but someone from the developers should give you a more qualified response.

4) Yes, and well documented. See the link below.

5) http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/128149-douglas-dc-8-preview-released/&do=findComment&comment=874145

Peter

This plane is awesome. One of things i have to remarkt is the incredible frame friendly it is. It has a incredible sim performance.  Very stable and high FPS event on Frankfurt profesional + Orbx global + Orbx Trees + AS16+ ASCA + Ai traffic + Acrobat reader with 4 documents open+ 2 monitors. 

The systems are great, they only focus on the normal operations. The ins i cant say my opinión because im still learning how to use them, how they work. This old system completely new for me. 

The he true glass rain effects are wonderfull.

i just say if you are interested in old fashion planes you won’t regret to purchase it.

Cheers

Archived