Madeira for XP11?

I moved to X-Plane from MSFS last year and on the whole find it the best flightsim available (though I do miss AES!). Aerosoft has produced an impressive number of products for XP11, but I am always hoping to see Madeira LPMA appear on the list! The only scenery available for X-Plane is a now rather old (2013) freeware package, which certainly fills the gap but is not ideal in a number of respects. Like many, I love flying into this 'infamous' airport - would Aerosoft consider adapting one of its Madeira packages for XP11?

I hope it's OK to post a request like this here.. :-) Thanks!

Martin

vor 16 Stunden , martinlest sagte:

The only scenery available for X-Plane is a now rather old (2013) freeware package, which certainly fills the gap but is not ideal in a number of respects.

I think this is still a very good scenery, esp. considering the mesh editing that was done. For me it looks nearly as good as the FSX Madeira. Maybe you can contact the freeware's developer and ask for an update?

No Madeira plans from Aerosoft at the moment as far as I know.

Yes, the freeware scenery is pretty good on the whole, but where the runway extension joins the older, short runway is not very well-managed and the runway extension texture is poor. Still for freeware, it's nice enough and the guys who made it deserve our thanks (I am not saying otherwise of course!).

There are various posts on the download thread, but the developer seems to have 'moved on'... Not sure asking for an update is going to get very far, unfortunately.

Aerosoft's scenery (which I had in FS9) would be of a different calibre though. I wonder why they would not include this airport for XP11 when they have done so many other (less obvious IMHO) airports. Or maybe they do have it in mind??

• Aerosoft

We do have it in mind. We are working on making most of our scenerys available for XPlane 11, but we have to find a developer for each project which is not that easy. But yes, Madeira is of course on our list, but no definite plans yet.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Hello,
to motivate Aerosoft developers, I am also looking forward to having a quality aerosoft scene for Madeira. When I was on FSX and P3D, I loved going to land there.
The freeware scenery for X-Plane is pretty but seriously starting to date given the possibilities of version 11.
So please come out as soon as you can a beautiful Madeira scenery.
Thank you and have a good day.
Lolopilote

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

IMO Aerosoft have built a great reputation with Barcelona, Ibiza, Malaga and now Split for XP11. Madeira would be a very special addition to this range to take the line-up even further forward.

Archived