Preview: VFR Germany 1 - West

Sasa

Since the first version of FS, simpilots dreamed about having large areas covered with high detail aerial images and having all buildings placed in the correct location. Well now we can show you that we got very close to that. Using totally new technology combining several databases this scenery offers the best representation of the terrain possible in FSX. No matter of you fly as low as 1000ft or at FL35!

This scenery series will impress you like no other before: The first part (West) brings you thousands of VFR objects and millions (yes, millions!) of exactly placed buildings placed on 95,000km² of aerial images!

Features:

95,000km² of aerial images at a stunning resolution of 1m/pix

[*]Almost all lakes, rivers etc. with water masks (reflecting and landable for floaters)

[*]Thousands of important VFR reference points like transmission towers, factories and much more

[*]New custom-made autogen replacing the default autogen buildings with typical German looking buildings

[*]Autogen buildings placed at their exact locations using a database of more than 8 Million (!) objects!

[*]Airport runways adjusted to the aerial images

[*]Additional glider and ultralight airfields, which were not included in FSX yet

[*]Extensive manual in English and German

[*]VFR map for the whole area

vfr.jpg

For more info and a Google Earth map that shows the coverage of the 4 parts in detail click here:

http://www.aerosoft.com/cgi-local/re/ibosh...showd20,0,10164

vfrgermany1_1.jpg

vfrgermany1_2.jpg

vfrgermany1_3.jpg

vfrgermany1_4.jpg

vfrgermany1_5.jpg

vfrgermany1_6.jpg

vfrgermany1_7.jpg

vfrgermany1_8.jpg

vfrgermany1_9.jpg

vfrgermany1_10.jpg

vfrgermany1_11.jpg

vfrgermany1_12.jpg

vfrgermany1_13.jpg

vfrgermany1_14.jpg

vfrgermany1_15.jpg

vfrgermany1_16.jpg

Looks fantastic! Its good part, 2 weeks I spend in Karlsruhe - Baden Baden / Augsburg so it is this Region. It will be nice to see it again :)

@Rob

Nice companion to NL2000 v3. Will it be made compatible?

Is there anything, that needs to be made compatible? Does NLv3 cover parts of Germany? I don't think VFR-Germany, will cover parts of the netherlands.

@Manny

Would the Wusserkupe have the sloped runway?

Sascha managed the sloped runway of the Wasserkuppe already in Scenery Germany 4 for FS9. But- VFR-Germany does not include airports! That would be "German Airfields".

Nice companion to NL2000 v3. Will it be made compatible?

Marco already said it all. I'd just like to add that I'm planning to make it compatible to VFR Denmark, which covers some of the northern border areas with aerial images like we do.

Bests,

Sascha

Here are some words about our new product structure for our German sceneries in FSX (translated from the German forum):

New product structure

As a user of our new FSX scenery addons you don't have to worry about their compatibility to each other anymore. Just install them and our installer will do everything you do. To make it easier for you to select exactly what YOU want we have restructured our German scenery addons in the following product series::

VFR Germany:

VFR scenery for all of Germany. Perfect for the surrounding of all airports and airfields and sightseeing flight over a landscape that perfectly displays the real outfit of Germany (fly along the Loreley, discover Berlin or fly over the scenic Alps at Neuschwanstein or just look our for British or American Military bases you know from visits and MUCH, MUCH MORE!)

Mega Airports:

Big international hubs in and outside of Germany (in Germany that will be Frankfurt for example)

German Airports:

Large international airports in Germany.

German Airfields:

Regional packages with airfields (e.g. Bayreuth) and regional airports (e.g. Berlin-Tempelhof). The first two packages have been announced already but only in German yet:

http://www.aerosoft.de/cgi-local/rd/iboshop.cgi?show810,,12

Of course all these products can run alone but will be compatible with all the others mentioned above!

Bests,

Sascha

No matter of you fly as low as 1000ft or at FL35!

:shock:

this would be a first in the history of simming ... but from the shots, it really looks that way!

INCREDIBLE!

Release when?

Congratulations for your incredibly beautiful scenery! Absolutely amazing, indeed!!

May I pl. express the number 1 of my wishlist concerning ALL of your new products:

When it comes to the mentioning of the hardware requirements of your products, will you PLEASE only give such an advice that the appearance of your sceneries will appear like in your screenshots? Inflight and when flying with the appropriate speed of the aircrafts seen on the screenshots?

Usually, owning the suggested 'minimum' hardware does not suffice to enjoy the products.

I am sure that a 'less optimistic' suggestion will help to build up a deeper trust and 'partnership' between Aerosoft and its customers.

Thanks for your kind attention.

Best wishes,

Siegfried

The scenery looks awesome, but with a shipping price of over 50 euro, I will not buy it even if the product was free. The box must weigh several kg to try to justify such a ridiculous postage fee. :roll:

Maybe I missed this but what is the resolution of the imagery in FSX?

1m/pix. FSX can't display more although there are much higher settings possible in the graphics menu.

Bests,

Sascha

The scenery looks awesome, but with a shipping price of over 50 euro, I will not buy it even if the product was free. The box must weigh several kg to try to justify such a ridiculous postage fee. :roll:

Well... but we're also thinking about a download version. Of course that'll take some time to download for 15GB! Would be impossible with 30kb/sec "high speed" here in Trinidad but in other countries for sure.

Bests,

Sascha

You need a(nother) beta tester for that?

I have already tested many Aerosoft products ... I can also quickly download many gigs of data ...

would love to help out!

@Sascha: ich spreche auch Deutsch :)

Actually you are wrong. I know of scenery that is 60cm per pixel, and boy can you tell the difference. http://forum.horizonsimulation.com/viewtopic.php?t=766

Ok, you got a point. :)

Looks like MS has enhanced the possible res to 0.5m/pix after SP1.

But: This is just London - a tiny area compared to what is covered by VFR Germany 1. You rarely get any imaginary of more than 1m/pix except for cities and some US states for example. And: VFR Germany 1 takes about 15GB on your HD. With 0.5m/pix it would be 4 times that amount.

1m/pix should be fairly enough for some serious VFR flying, not mentioning the millions of 3D objects not available in other aerial imaginery sceneries...

You need a(nother) beta tester for that?

No, not anymore. But thank you for the offer.

Bests,

Sascha