!! Windows 7 no longer supported !!

As Microsoft will stop supporting Windows 7 on Jan 20th we will be unable to test any of our
products on that platform. It may work, or it may not, but no guarantees from our side. 

Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tyacono

Status of CRJ on my system.

Recommended Posts

I'm on p3d v3.4/CRJ 1005c..  NAV is tracking just fine, ILS is flying well except for the LOC intercept (A little late) and the MFD has a couple of issues with fuel estimated and time to waypoints not updating.. I have a 4K monitor and the HGS has some overlapping and the fpv is jumping around.. Just wanted to report. I'm sure it's all being looked at.  I like an airplane where you actually have to pay attention instead of just hitting autothrottle/LNAV/VNAV and go vacuum or something.. Well done! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for your kind words. They help me to keep motivation up!

 

It's all being looked at. The FPV (it's actually the FD) has already been fixed, same as time and fuel calculation. I don't own a 4K monitor at home, so I have to check out the overlaps in the office. Or do you mean the pitch ladder (and related stuff) overlapping the compass? That's not a 4K-specific issue. Happens on 1080p displays too. It's on my list and I'm going to fix it as soon as I can catch a breath.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No, that's not what I meant. I don't see those overly large fonts, neither here nor on a 4K monitor. I must admit that I don't have a clue what's going on there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, mopperle said:

For any chance do you use Steam software (not talking about FSX:SE!)?

No, the "Academic License" in the upper right corner says that it's P3D v4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, but in case he uses Steam for any other game, it might block the installation of fonts. Similar to what had happened with the Airbus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mopperle said:

Yes, but in case he uses Steam for any other game, it might block the installation of fonts. Similar to what had happened with the Airbus

Ah, OK. I didn't know that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/16/2017 at 3:50 AM, Hans Hartmann said:

Thanks for your kind words. They help me to keep motivation up!

 

It's all being looked at. The FPV (it's actually the FD) has already been fixed, same as time and fuel calculation. I don't own a 4K monitor at home, so I have to check out the overlaps in the office. Or do you mean the pitch ladder (and related stuff) overlapping the compass? That's not a 4K-specific issue. Happens on 1080p displays too. It's on my list and I'm going to fix it as soon as I can catch a breath.

 

@Hans Hartmann is there any possibility that we can get a small update with the fixes that are ready? Call it an "Experimental" version or so. I have the feeling that since 1.0.0.5C you have fixed a lot of things. If you release an experimental version we can benefit from those fixes and help you testing the fixes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Cyberstudio said:

 

@Hans Hartmann is there any possibility that we can get a small update with the fixes that are ready? Call it an "Experimental" version or so. I have the feeling that since 1.0.0.5C you have fixed a lot of things. If you release an experimental version we can benefit from those fixes and help you testing the fixes.

There's a couple more things I need to fix before we can do that. I haven't been able to reproduce the glideslope issues yet and there's a nasty little right-left-right on waypoint changes that I'm working on right now. I need a bit more time because I want to fix this stuff properly. But you're right, I've fixed a lot of things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Hans Hartmann I feel so glad for you, that you managed to release this beast and the fixes are coming fast and steady. There's a lot of quality in this product. I can only dream what you will be able to turn this into when you release SP1. You must be german or something, same as  :D @Stefan Hoffmann

 

Good job men, well done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've posted on the HUD issue before.  I think its due to Windows OS font scaling.  In order to read text on my 43" 4K TV, I set font scaling to 175% of normal size.  I think this setting may be the cause of the problem.  Regardless if you have a 4k monitor or not, you should be able to change this setting on a 1080p monitor and see the same effect.  I have not yet tried setting my font size back to 100% to see if the HUD is correct to verify that this is indeed the problem.

hud.PNG

scaling.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...