Flight Plan Documentation

On ‎14‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 6:26 PM, Sid Starz said:

Downloaded flightplan form simBrief this morning and flew a flight from KGFK - KMSP with no issues noted.

Worked very well and am very pleased.

Please login to display this image.

Hello,

Can you attach the flp you use for this flight? When I load one of the demo flp I never get the full route loaded.Only the SID and STAR but nothing between.

Is it normal we have to provide all information RWYS, SID & STAR in the flp if we want to avoid a load error?

Thanks. Skip.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm monkeying about with exporting crj-compliant .fpl files, and had some success, but the crj installer has used MS OneDrive as its default location for the flightplan folder, i.e.:

c:\Users\YOU\OneDrive\Documents\Aerosoft\Digital Aviation CRJ\FlightPlan

I am encountering issues with file sync and would like to circumvent OneDrive, Can this be done by editing an ini file somewhere or do I need to reinstall with different options?

In other words, to change the location of the FlightPlan folder to 

c:\Users\YOU\Documents\Aerosoft\Digital Aviation CRJ\FlightPlan

without OneDrive.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Sorry, but IMHO this is the biggest mistake to map your whole documents folder to OneDrive.

The CRJ simply installs certain parts into your documents folder like many other products too. And if you map the complete folder to OneDrive you'll definitely encounter problems. So revert this and create a specific folder for files you want to have synced with the Cloud.

4 hours ago, mopperle said:

Sorry, but IMHO this is the biggest mistake to map your whole documents folder to OneDrive.

Well, yes, but the Windows 10 usb image installer will do this without asking if you have a OneDrive account and use the same profile as the primary user on a new build. I still have my c:\Users\<username>\Documents folder intact.

4 hours ago, mopperle said:

So revert this and create a specific folder for files you want to have synced with the Cloud.

Which I have done, but the CRJ still looks for .fpl files in the OneDrive location when I use the 'CoRoute' button on the FMS. My question was whether I could change the default path without reinstalling. I presume that is a no, so I'll reinstall.

Archived