Flight Plan Documentation

• Deputy Sheriffs
Just now, lolocool16 said:

There is an error in the PDF can not open it ..

Works fine for me. You should flush your browser cache and download it again.

• Deputy Sheriffs

No, currently no flightplaner can export flightplans into the CRJ format. You have to wait until they have updated their software. At least for FSCommander I know the dev is working on it.

In the documentation CRJ Flightplan Format.pdf published here, there is a write error in the CoRte section.
The label in field 4 RwyArpt is incorrect. It must be called RwyArr.

Regards,

Volker

Hello,

The format seems to be the same than Airbus X one but when I try to use them with the CRJ I often get loading errors. Is it because many entries seem to be mandatory such as Rwys or FltNo? The fact is that with Airbux X and Avilasoft EFB flightplanner the generated Flp just contains Arpt and route info.

Skip.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Yes, while it looks similar to the Airbus, it is different. And thats why this document was being posted to allow other devs to implement it in their addons.

7 hours ago, mopperle said:

Yes, while it looks similar to the Airbus, it is different. And thats why this document was being posted to allow other devs to implement it in their addons.

Well, I don't think the format is different. But the way the CRJ loads the CoRoute is.

KSEAKDEN.flp generated by Avilasoft EFB and OK with Airbus X:

[CoRte]

ArptDep=KSEA

ArptArr=KDEN

RwyDep=

RwyArr=

RwyArrFINAL=

SID=

STAR=

APPR_Trans=

DctWpt1=SUMMA

DctWpt1Coordinates=46.61786,-121.98832

Airway2=J20

Airway2FROM=SUMMA

Airway2TO=PIH

Airway3=J163

Airway3FROM=PIH

Airway3TO=OCS

Airway4=J154

Airway4FROM=OCS

Airway4TO=RAMMS

All seems OK but I get an error and have only the first Wpt loaded. If I remove all the route entries (Dct and Airway) it loads....

Now look at the demo flp EDDFEDDW.flp:

[CoRte]

ArptDep=EDDF

RwyDep=EDDF07R

ArptArr=EDDW

RwyArr=EDDW09

ArptAltn=

SID=MARU5E

SIDEnrTrans=

STAR=VERE3P

EnrSTARTrans=

STARApprTrans=

APPR_Trans=BMN

RwyArrFINAL=I09

CoRoute=

FltNo=

Airway1=Y153

Airway1FROM=MARUN

Airway1TO=WRB

Airway2=N850

Airway2FROM=WRB

Airway2TO=NIE

Airway3=Z88

Airway3FROM=NIE

Airway3TO=VERED

DctWpt4=

DctWpt4Coordinates=91.000000,181.000000

It loads without error but when I look at the legs, I only see the SID and APPR waypoints. No Airways legs waypoints at all. Strange isn't it?

Skip.

• Deputy Sheriffs
3 minutes ago, skipy33 said:

Well, I don't think the format is different.

Simple logic: if the CRJs flightplan format wouldn't be different to the one from the AS Airbus, it would load an Airbus plan without any problems, all way points included. 

6 minutes ago, skipy33 said:

But the way the CRJ loads the CoRoute is.

You name it, and that's the reason why the format needs to be different from the AS Airbus ones.

Ok guys... Airbus and CRJ are 2 different planes and INI files are not read the same way by .... the code?

Just a last thing: When I try to enter manually the KSEAKDEN flp above, why all the waypoints on the J20 Airways are "not found"?

- DIRECT SUMMA

- J20 PIH (PIH not found)

But this works:

- DIRECT SUMMA

- DIRECT PIH

- J163 OCS

Of course same navdata in both Flightplanner to generate the Coroute and in CRJ (Navigraph).

Skip.

• Aerosoft

Yes by the code. Keep in mind that these are not the same types of aircraft, not the same types of development and not done by the same team. You will see our aircraft and scenery developments becoming more unified, but that takes time. 

Ok. So Do I need to raise a ticket somewhere? Because I thnik there's a problem somewhere:

KSEAKDEN01.flp : Error trying to load as coroute. If I want to manually enter this route I have a problem with the J20 airway I can't insert as leg with any waypoint (with Navigraph or Navdatapro CRJ data)

KORDKBUF01.flp is generated by EFB and used with Airbus. I can load it into the CRJ but only the first direct leg direct to KUBBS is inserted.

KORDKBUF.flp is the same flp than above I manually set into the FMS and which works fine. I saved it via FMS flp management menu. You can see the routes are the same in the 2 files. But when I want to load KORDKBUF as CoRoute in the FMS (it was created by the save function of the CRJ) I got a load error...

EDDFEDDW.flp is in the CRJ distrib. When I load it into the FMS no error occurs but in the leg page I see only SID and STAR waypoints. Nothing between...

Regards, Skip.

KORDKBUF.flp

KORDKBUF01.flp

KSEAKDEN01.flp

EDDFEDDW.flp

My friends,

I'll be posting this is a few different threads to make sure everyone who has asked about this knows.... Derek at Simbrief got back to me late this evening to let me know that he's added the Aerosoft CRJ to SimBrief.

Here is the message Derek sent to me:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Dave,

The CRJ format is now available on SimBrief! If you don't see the "Aerosoft CRJ" format at first, try re-generating a flight plan and it should show up.

As I don't own the CRJ myself, I haven't been able to test these files on the actual aircraft. For now I've simply followed the guidelines in the PDF file and hoped for the best. If you get a chance to try it out, and if you find any bugs, please let me know and I'll do my best to solve them ASAP.

Cheers,

- Derek

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also... the CRJ Flight Plan format is highly similar to the Aerosoft Airbus format, but not the same.

Best wishes and Happy Flights!

Downloaded flightplan form simBrief this morning and flew a flight from KGFK - KMSP with no issues noted.

Worked very well and am very pleased.

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs
1 minute ago, ArturV said:

Hi guys, I use simBrief for my flight plans, the new format .flp is there to download but, where to store it?

That's explained in the second sentence in the PDF linked in the first post of this topic.

• c:\Users\YOU\Documents\Aerosoft\Digital Aviation CRJ\FlightPlans\

Archived