Tracing a Possible VAS Leak on A32x

CaptKornDog

As I have been flying longer and longer flights with the A32x series of aircraft, I've started to notice that my VAS usage isn't quite normal compared to other aircraft of mine.  It appears to consume and never recover VAS, unlike other add-ons.  I decided to test this out with some interesting results.  (Side note: some of you may recognize me from other forums conducting similar VAS/memory usage tests - I've started doing the same thing here on the A32x). 

With absolutely no weather, no scenery activated, loading the A320 and A321 in the default panel state and literally letting it sit there for several hours showed a slow but noticeable consumption of VAS, appearing every 20-30 minutes.  For reference, compared to another popular B737 add-on on my FSX:SE system, which remained constant in the exact same scenario. the A32x eventually would cause an OOM error.  Is there something in the background with the A32x that triggers every 20-30 minutes that consumes VAS and never recovers?  I'll be testing out the A318 and A319 in the coming days.

Any of the developers have ideas on this?

Thanks.

Please login to display this image.

It is great to see this issue being looked at.  I've heard these VAS issues are particularly nasty given the limitations of FSX and the available address space.  I'll keep an eye out.  If it can be resolved, I will be looking to Aerosoft for my Airbus Collection for sure!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello. After trying that step of removing (actually just renamed the file to *.d11 instead of dll and didn't remove it), my center ECAMs don't light up and just keep dark.

11 minutes ago, CaptKornDog said:

Any updates on when we can expect a fix?

Who knows but the team is in the middle of what I have to assume is active development on all of these sorts of gauges and files, given the A330 and the A318 Research edition. Good job pointing this issue out but we may need to give them some time...

8 minutes ago, gmoneyprs said:

Who knows but the team is in the middle of what I have to assume is active development on all of these sorts of gauges and files, given the A330 and the A318 Research edition. Good job pointing this issue out but we may need to give them some time...

I'll let them answer then :)

• 2 months later...

Guys

This is very interesting.  I was plane spotting in my P3D V3.3.5 at EGPF the other day.  I had loaded up a TAP Portugal 319 and had it parked on gate 22, using UK2000 scenery, AS2016, ASCA, GSX.  I filled the tanks full and then switched on the APU as well as the two main batteries and then tuned my Com 1 to 121.70 to listen to ground control.  I left like this for the good part of 6-8 hours, in and out my home office all day.  Bearing in mind the only traffic to and from the airport was UT2 AI.  Towards the end of the 8 hour period I started getting the familiar ding of the VAS warning.  The only thing I did not do was take a note at the start and at the end.  I had never noticed this before and maybe this will help you narrow it down.  If you need any further help I can run static tests for you.

Best regards

Ken

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/10/2017 at 9:49 AM, ScottecLEMD said:

Guys

This is very interesting.  I was plane spotting in my P3D V3.3.5 at EGPF the other day.  I had loaded up a TAP Portugal 319 and had it parked on gate 22, using UK2000 scenery, AS2016, ASCA, GSX.  I filled the tanks full and then switched on the APU as well as the two main batteries and then tuned my Com 1 to 121.70 to listen to ground control.  I left like this for the good part of 6-8 hours, in and out my home office all day.  Bearing in mind the only traffic to and from the airport was UT2 AI.  Towards the end of the 8 hour period I started getting the familiar ding of the VAS warning.  The only thing I did not do was take a note at the start and at the end.  I had never noticed this before and maybe this will help you narrow it down.  If you need any further help I can run static tests for you.

Best regards

Ken

Thanks for the info, glad I'm not the only customer experiencing this.

• 4 weeks later...

I knew something was up! I couldn't pinpoint it and have spent the last few weeks troubleshooting VAS problems since I fly almost strictly with the Aerosoft A320. I'll be waiting patiently for updates on this. Until then, my longer flights will just have to remain grounded. 

Archived